Thread: "Drink! Feck! Girls!"

Default "Drink! Feck! Girls!"

The Friends of Ted event features an array of themed events associated with the comedy series, such as the Father Jack Cocktail Evening, the Father Dougal Breakfast Movie Charades, the Lovely Girls Contest and Charity Auction and A Song for Europe.

Also featured on the bill are the Toilet Duck Comedy Awards, Crazy Golf, Hide A Nun and Seek, Ludo Aerobics, Buckeroo Speed Dating and a Ferrero Rocher Quiz Night.

Fancy dress five-aside football will also pit priests against nuns on the island.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6285923.stm

That's it, I have to go to the emerald isle and join in the fun.

Sample

Sample

Sample
    Edit: for samples.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 01-22-2007 at 12:42.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Default Re: "Drink! Feck! Girls!"

Clerical football? I have to tell my brother (the one that's a priest)!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishArmenian
    Clerical football? I have to tell my brother (the one that's a priest)!
    Escape from Victory

"He once had a trial with Liverpool."
    "No, he was once on trial in Liverpool."

Be sure to watch the follow-up.

Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse

It should be fun , I might take a run out there for it .

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Misleading title. I thought Bill Clinton was running for President again and this was his campaign slogan.
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Well no surprise that the minute number of tickets vanished instantly .
    But it appears that every available ferry , plane and accomadation are completely booked out .
    feck it .

flippin' heck looks like its Blackpool again
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Well Apache if you rally are desperate to get there you could hire a boat yourself.
    Or if you are really really desperate and very very brave you could ask their priest to fly you over in his plane .

No bloody chance. Do you remember what happened when Father Ted flew on a plane?

No bloody chance. Do you remember what happened when Father Ted flew on a plane?

But seriously , I havn't got a clue how the priest managed to get a pilots licence .
    Even on a clear calm day I have seen him make 6 attempts before he actually managed to land .

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman
    But seriously , I havn't got a clue how the priest managed to get a pilots licence .
    Even on a clear calm day I have seen him make 6 attempts before he actually managed to land .
    Maybe he has a problem with perspective.

"Look father, small cow .... far away cow."
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Would ya believe it , so many turned up desite the lack of accomodation they chose to camp out .....camping on the islands in February...they must be mad .
    Then again the pubs won't shut so at least they can get indoors if they can keep it up for the weekend .
    Though on a future note , due to the unexpected popularity of the event they are going to extend the festival next year and make it 7 days , but having many of the gatherings in town instead of the islands for easy access , just what Galway needs , another festival
    That will only leave 4 or 5 weeks in the year without a festival....not bad for a small town

BTW did anyone notice thursdays brick auction on e-bay ?
    a brick , tickets to the festival + ferry....sold for 510euros
    not a bad price

Hand Bacon Member ShadeHonestus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman
    That will only leave 4 or 5 weeks in the year without a festival....not bad for a small town.

Ohhh nice. Are Americans welcome or do they serve us piss instead of beer?
    Last edited by ShadeHonestus; 02-26-2007 at 11:23.
    "There is a true glory and a true honor; the glory in duty done and the honor in the integrity of principle."

"The truth is this; the march of Providence so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often only see the ebb of the advancing wave. It is history which teaches us to hope."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeHonestus
    Ohhh nice. Are Americans welcome[...]?
    Doubtful. Even Canadians are treated like dirt by the Irish locals until they learn that the visitors aren't actually Yanks.

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by GoreBag
    Doubtful. Even Canadians are treated like dirt by the Irish locals until they learn that the visitors aren't actually Yanks.
    I'm never sure when you are joking or being serious, GB, but that simply isn't true. There may be some cases to answer as in every country, but it's by no means the norm.

We haven't become so European that we forget how much the United States helped us, not only in the struggle for nationhood, but mainly through all those lovely tourists who come to find their roots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Not to mention the staggering amount of inward investment from American companies attracted by our tax regime. If Americans were regularly treated badly, do you think they would locate their Euro operations here?
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeHonestus
    Ohhh nice. Are Americans welcome or do they serve us piss instead of beer?
    Unfortunately, Irish visiting here tend to think that is just what our barkeep served them. They think that something named "Miller Genuine Draft" should taste vaguely similar to something an Irishman would call beer.

Seriously, though, the times I visited Ireland I was treated as a tourist, but certainly no worse than I treated Philadelphians who came down to the Jersey shore (where I grew up) during the summer.

In fact, after a few supportive comments -- "Packy Bonner's a joy to watch!"
    "Don't let those Italians score" --- I was treated rather nicely. Of course, the fact that they were all half in the bag and that Ireland was doing WAY better than predicted might have had something to do with it.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken