Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

Default Re: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

i'm not too sure of the standard longbows.
    Slaughtered 2 groups of Dismounted Chivalric Knights with it

I have used the stake army successfully myself, but I find it works best in a 2 vrs 2. Our variation is a bit different, as we use the stakes like an extra wall of inf. on your flanks.

Something like this.

Front

Stakes MY Army Allied Army Stakes
    \\\\\\\+======|========+///////
    \\\\\\\+======|========+///////Right Flank

Rear

With this set up, you force any cav attack from front or rear. There was a few times my own cav got caught, hee hee so be carefull.

Sound like a good one yes, might even work better like that if you only bring 8 Longbowmen, and normal cav as a support

All cavs + 1 art.

Quote Originally Posted by Paolai
    All cavs + 1 art.
    yeah what are you going to do with that, it's designed to take out cav, and the rules for normal games are No Art/Ele

Answering this from the other thread
    already answered also on the other topic. All cavs + 1 art if you like the circle. And, cavs that do not run do not die. YOu just have not to charge, click behind the units and walk (do not run). Try by yourself.

But all cavs + 1 art it is easier.
    No it won't work, Longbowmen pwn in melee combat, if you think it does work, how about giving me a replay of it?

You guys an uber elite all-stars... how can i be more like you

takes england
    makes pike box
    gets owned

Now im just like you

Quote Originally Posted by Stig

@Barrett, if the cav walks through the stakes they can't charge, that means they don't do massive damage. And Longbowmen are damned fine in melee fighting ... cav isn't ... so that won't work.
    Heh he could walk them through, then double click like 50 metres ahead and theyl run, with charge bonus, through the archers, theyl come out other side due to stakes only pointing one way, repeat until done

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Yup. You almost have to keep a spear or pike unit or two to keep cav from walking into the circle and then charging out the other side. Even the lowly little peasant unit can keep them busy long enough to shoot the heck out of the cav unit, and possibly rout them before they can enter the circle. It's best to make sure you have a partner or two close by to help out with the charges on your circle.
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-29-2007 at 21:38.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Answering this from the other thread

No it won't work, Longbowmen pwn in melee combat, if you think it does work, how about giving me a replay of it?

Do you think LB win H2H vs a cav? Do you really tested it?

http://img1.freeforumzone.it/allegat...99_1161902.zip

I did not charged this LB, I just walked till the contact then clicked on the LB. Guess what happened?

No, LB loose vs cavs in melee, vs all cavs. I am sorry. Are we playing with the same game?

yeah what are you going to do with that, it's designed to take out cav, and the rules for normal games are No Art/Ele
    Correct me if I am wrong Stig, but you wrote "In a game with no rules" isnt it?

However note some things:
    1. This army won't work in games that have rules
    Last edited by Paolai; 01-29-2007 at 21:49.

line the stakes with the welsh spears, they're cheap and can hold for a bit, and they get the shirtless bonus ;)

Heh he could walk them through, then double click like 50 metres ahead and theyl run, with charge bonus, through the archers, theyl come out other side due to stakes only pointing one way, repeat until done
    Nope won't work, the Archers are right behind the stakes, they would already be engaged when Barrett is going to click his run button.

Correct me if I am wrong Stig, but you wrote "In a game with no rules" isnt it?
    You know what I mean ... there are games with rules like:
    max 4 archers

Are we playing with the same game?
    Well when are you on?

I just LOVE the shirtless bonus! :)

You know what I mean ... there are games with rules like:
    max 4 archers
    Well when are you on?
    No I never played with a 4 max archers. Archers do nothing, why I would like to give a limit to my opponent if he wants to have many.

Tomorrow evening if you want we can play some tests together.

guys look

if ur in a stake box u have to cramp all ur units togethor real tight and cant even have ur archers on loose..... even an opponent with half as many archers as u wud still win the archer war...not to mention missed fire will kill alot of ur other units as well cus there all so close... if u send a cav unit out of ur box to attack enemy archers it will get pwnt cus it wud have to walk back in thru the stakes... this means the enemy can do whatever he wants and go wherever he wants outside ur box... he has unlimited mobility.... the steakbox is nothing but a box of death and those who use it get pwnt and humiliated

Quote Originally Posted by Paolai
    Tomorrow evening if you want we can play some tests together.
    lol he chooses one of those nights I'm never on

even an opponent with half as many archers as u wud still win the archer war
    That's what we said, it's not a competitive army, it's fun to use, annoying for the opponent, and will only work vs cav

you could almost do the same thing by using flemish pikes if the horse bypass bug wasnt there. form an infantry square with peasants on the corners to stop those bugged wedge charges . but as i said they would just have to tell their horses to attack the archers and they would just roll off of the pikes.

one thing that would be interesting is if they allowed spread formation with phalanx like i could get to work in rome with pikes and hoplites. it would aid enmeshing missile troops within their formations.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Pariya
    guys look

if ur in a stake box u have to cramp all ur units togethor real tight and cant even have ur archers on loose..... even an opponent with half as many archers as u wud still win the archer war...not to mention missed fire will kill alot of ur other units as well cus there all so close... if u send a cav unit out of ur box to attack enemy archers it will get pwnt cus it wud have to walk back in thru the stakes... this means the enemy can do whatever he wants and go wherever he wants outside ur box... he has unlimited mobility.... the steakbox is nothing but a box of death and those who use it get pwnt and humiliated

The other night with Gawain we ran into a stake box, it was virtually impenitrable no way to get through it. Why you ask? this box had one taking english and he took nothing but Yeoman archer and Longbow, will the one on left took flemish pikes and dismounted french nobles and on the right a bunch of hgihland archers and pikes.

what they did was the staked the box no entrance whatsoever from the front sides or back and then they put the pikes right behind the stakes and with 20 units of long rang archers behind them, you would be shot to death by the time you got there, and then you would be mangled to death by the pikes.

The only possible way to defeat this would be if you knew it was coming. Anyway me and gaw and our ally well we pretty much said screw it, charged to our death and just
    Last edited by Storm_Of_Shields; 01-30-2007 at 11:14.

Elmo obviously, T1 blitzed BearBottom using it, and I won with it
    Because blitzing bear bottom is so TERRIBLY HARD. lol. He has to be among one of the WORST clanned players in this game i'm afraid, and this news just proves it.

The fact is stake boxes only work against {censored}, most of you guys ARE {censored} so it will work fine against other {censored}. However against anyone who isnt an {censored}, you will get crushed. I played in the CCS vs Elite and they tried a stake box in game two, it was a heroic victory, and they are good players, the tactic is just terrible it is a simple as that. Even if I took all cav, I guarantee I could roll you right off the map. Longbows CAN NOT FIGHT in melee, not even the yeoman, they will all get decimated by cav, even when it is forced to walk through and pretty much any inf in the game. And, providing you are playing a reasonable amount of florins, 6-10 of them which you will require for your box costs ALOT of money. Leaving you with what? Some Hobilars and Levy spearmen to make up the rest of your army?

It {censored} so bad for a few reasons... One as I said before was that longbows which make up half your army cant fight for shit in melee, and two because you will usually have gaps in the corners (the only way to avoid gaps is to take even more longbowman, and that means you are even more likely to lose). Even if you walk the cav through the stakes without running them, they will own the longbows in melee without even a charge, and its easy to squeeze cav through the gaps in the corners as well. Not to mention the fact that if they have inf it will be most likely better than yours because england has terrible inf and you spent all your money on a stupid box.

I've tried it, we did in house clan 3v3's and I tried it many times in many different ways and every time against competant players it {censored}. Also when the game was first out I championed Late/All era games, especially All period as being more fun and having more variety, so dont try and slap me with the "Omg you are so un-imaginative" tag.

Edited by TosaInu
    Last edited by -Silent-Someguy; 01-30-2007 at 11:49.

Because blitzing bear bottom is so TERRIBLY HARD. lol. He has to be among one of the WORST clanned players in this game i'm afraid. And Im sure the others who lost to it where just as noob.
    Well I can't help that the only good players come from the -Silent- clan ... how about sharing some of your uber-wisdom with us so we will feel less mortal too.

BTW when are you on? You can try to beat my stakebox using all cav after Pariya had a go

Uh....right....cus i played u before

Everytime you even mention the word stakebox in any challenging or competative way your just embarassing urself.
    Last edited by -Silent-Pariya; 01-30-2007 at 12:55.

Well I can't help that the only good players come from the -Silent- clan ... how about sharing some of your uber-wisdom with us so we will feel less mortal too.
    Oh yea that goes without saying doesnt it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Someguy
    Because blitzing bear bottom is so TERRIBLY HARD. lol. He has to be among one of the WORST clanned players in this game i'm afraid, and this news just proves it. And Im sure the others who lost to it where just as noob.
    A Silent attacking bottom surprise surprise. Lets see SA hates Bottom and Vice Verse sooooo in essence Silent think bottom is terrible, though i would go so far to say you are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Pariya
    Everytime you even mention the word stakebox in any challenging or competative way your just embarassing urself.
    Stakebox *Clap Clap* Stakebox *Clap Clap*

Also Pariya i would feel your comment is in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Of_Shields
    Also Pariya i would feel your comment is in the minority.
    No it isn't as those -Silent- guys count as 10

seriously tho, if you guys hate other clans and think you're so good why not start a clanwar on your own forum, this is getting annoying

I'm trying to get 3 other players to try a variation of this army. I guarantee you have never seen this in a 4v4. Now I have to convince 3 others to lose with me!

I'm trying to get 3 other players to try a variation of this army. I guarantee you have never seen this in a 4v4. Now I have to convince 3 others to lose with me!
    Raises hand.

oh pick me pick me

SA "changing their ways" did give me a gd giggle for how much its worth xD
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

i remember bears from old days, good people

i hate to get in this mix but silent has a guy ,who i wont name guilded. i was a maji for like 3 days in rtw and i didnt like his attitude so i left, he drew (private parts) on my avatar pic and did bad things to my sig on guild boards and said all kinds of nasty things about me in lobby

it took me pwning his face like 3 times to just get him to stop, this was after i had played rtw a week, against a "good" player

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

i now go back to having no part in this feud
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-30-2007 at 18:58.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

We have a thread in SA forums loughing at you {censored}... half of SA is saying don't help them out and let the {censored} think stakeboxes are good tactics...{censored} im hoping yall think its good enuff that u'll take it in a tourny against us like Elite did..... and get rolled...like Elite did.

You guys are so l33t

Edited by TosaInu

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast