Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

Default Re: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

hmm i think your missing the point of the army, its more about a quirky fun novelty...which like anything can work sometimes

i'm suprised mods let u guys come here and start drama, the org is usually so peaceful

And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

I'm not saying this could not work but I prefer mobility.
    Last edited by Fenix7; 01-30-2007 at 19:21.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Aoner... admit it. You think there noobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Pariya
    We have a thread in SA forums loughing at you morons... half of SA is saying don't help them out and let the noobs think stakeboxes are good tactics...shit im hoping yall think its good enuff that u'll take it in a tourny against us like Elite did..... and get rolled...like Elite did.

You guys are so l33t

Congratulations on that successful and informative post of letting us know that at SA forum, which i doubt many here visit, that there is a post about all of us being noobs and being an inferior group of players who like to have fun instead of devoting our time to perfecting ways on how to call people noobs and do nothing but play for skill. Skill is an added bonus if you can play with skill all the more to you
    Last edited by Storm_Of_Shields; 01-30-2007 at 19:51.

And to you shields... what a nice way of saying you like to have mountain maps and no rules in your tournies. CWC is really going places as of late

Well I can't help that the only good players come from the -Silent- clan
    That is the only sense uve spoken in this thread dude

But u guys arent seriouse about the stake box tactic are ya? I can only assume its somethin u would do for fun, not 2 try and beat a half competant player, cause if it is, then its back 2 the drawin board folks

Aoner... admit it. You think there noobs as well.
    Atm I see only one noob.

This topic is about ''The Staked Longbow Army of Doom'' and people having good time. I don't see anyone interested in trashing.
    Last edited by Fenix7; 01-30-2007 at 20:12.

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

This tactic will now and forever be referred to as the "Noob Box".

Yellow Melon says so! https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78597 Just change "Pikes" to "Pikes & Stakes".

Plus it's much shorter to type in and just "sounds" more fun.

I'm gonna work on the Noob Triangle next. Aonar, Shields and Stig: You guys get to play victim with me. :)
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-30-2007 at 20:19.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

hmm people from a guild i havnt ever heard of before i went online m2tw a week ago and fireblade (see post 59) calling old school classy players like bears and others newbs

where are the usually zealot mods to put the kibosh on this

why i come here and not tw.com forums

not many good threads in the mp forum, dont need a one hijacked

oh and i tried this today, but i ended up having to move my position due to the far right guy not moving (i was on left, prolly not the best position to attempt this) so it was to no avail, but i had fun making the sky black with arrows... maybe next time

dang those longbows are expensive
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-30-2007 at 20:39.

save it for the ring bubs, save for the ring.

Subutai: Use fire arrows. It looks like a fireworks display! hehe

Ye you do it for fun but you talk like its a valiable and workable tactic. Alot of new players visit here... your essencialy dumbing down the population. This sections got like 6 threads and half of them about noob stake boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by sabutai
    hmm people from a guild i havnt ever heard of before i went online m2tw a week ago and fireblade (see post 59) calling old school classy players like bears and others newbs

where are the usually zealot mods to put the kibosh on this

why i come here and not tw.com forums

not many good threads in the mp forum, dont need a one hijacked

oh and i tried this today, but i ended up having to move my position due to the far right guy not moving (i was on left, prolly not the best position to attempt this) so it was to no avail, but i had fun making the sky black with arrows... maybe next time

dang those longbows are expensive
    Yer chill out buddy...u'll bust a vien.

Its only my opinion that i really dont rate bears as gd playas, im sure he feels the same about me

Stake Box For The Win WOOOT

i was going to elmo, but it was a 3 vs 3 and i didnt want to explode the game with like 10 units of archers making clouds of fire

i also doubt, as some said any newb is gonna come here and make it his mission to make the stake army work, after he gets pwned he will go back to aping whatever he saw someone else do that worked, its just for fun, i remember the mighty amp beating me down like a chump with his lines of byz inf and like 8 naptha, if your good you can make anything work
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-30-2007 at 21:08.

Aonar, Shields and Stig: You guys get to play victim with me.:)
    Time might be a little bit of a problem. +1 GMT here and you are east cost. Sent me pm or email me.

i remember the mighty amp beating me down like a chump with his lines of byz inf and like 8 naptha, if your good you can make anything work

Does he still log to MTW 2 lobby or he is waiting for 2nd patch?
    Last edited by Fenix7; 01-30-2007 at 21:27.

Did you ever run into MasterPolar who then became UglyPolar? He was the guy who patented the cav swipe and started a whole big mess! hehe He had a Byz/Naptha army and it was almost impossible to get to his Naptha before they routed your army. I never could get the nag of naptha. Ended up killing more of my men than the enemy!

Aonar: I haven't seen AMP around since the first week after I bought the game. He was still the same ole Amp though. Kept his army together and lost maybe one unit's worth of men. :) The problem is once he figures out the mechanics he rarely loses and gets bored with the game. I've never had the problem. :)

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

I wish I've never read this whole topic. It got everything I don't want to find in a MP environement.
    Lack of teamplay consideration. Lack of respect for opponent. The whole second page made me dumber. And that's an achievement.

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Quote Originally Posted by }{Huscarls}{Barrett|L|
    SA "changing their ways" did give me a gd giggle for how much its worth xD
    Tbh barret, all i've seen you do on multiple forums is whine about us. So have you got a grudge or something? Spit it out son.

Edit: Tbh i really don't know why the rest of my clan mates think its good to tell you that the box is shit, i was all for letting you talk about it and hell use it against us all you wish, if you will play us that is. But it is funny how alot of you suddenly come out with old storys about an SA you won't name or some such shit. The fact that none of you can argue about the finer points of the tactics, but just say blah blah blah your all such bastards leave us to our fun shows you how stupid you are. Meh i can't even be bothered, have fun with your we've been playing for so long we're awesome threads. Laters.
    Last edited by Zeph; 01-30-2007 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph
    Tbh barret, all i've seen you do on multiple forums is whine about us. So have you got a grudge or something? Spit it out son.

Edit: Tbh i really don't know why the rest of my clan mates think its good to tell you that the box is shit, i was all for letting you talk about it and hell use it against us all you wish, if you will play us that is. But it is funny how alot of you suddenly come out with old storys about an SA you won't name or some such shit. The fact that none of you can argue about the finer points of the tactics, but just say blah blah blah your all such bastards leave us to our fun shows you how stupid you are. Meh i can't even be bothered, have fun with your we've been playing for so long we're awesome threads. Laters.
    Im not whining about sa in general zeph, im just pointing out the fact that if u guys wanted to change your image *something which i admired about demok a lot and hoped he would help push forward* then this is not the way to do it... Its a shame that u are struggling to carry it through
    I like many of the sa, the ones that i dnt i either dnt know well enough or it is purely because of reasoning that i cannot explain ie. they are the ones with an issue *if there is one* not me The tw world does not revolve around sa.
    The reason why a serious multiplayer forum is disregarded in places like the .org is because of things like what u guys have been doing, flaming. Its a shame really because u know for example that i do not see things as stake boxes as "valid tactics" yet i dont boohoo ppl for using it, if they enjoy using such things then i have no reason to bash them and say "u stupid n00b". Instead id rather put forward my point of view and leave it at that. I actually enjoy reading what makes stigs and elmos games all the more fun lol.
    Mayb if u just respected their decisions a lil more in how they wanted to play the game we could all be in a happier state of mind and ppl like louis will not be dissapointed when reading threads in the mp forum
    Last edited by RTKBarrett; 01-31-2007 at 00:14.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Just asking, who won the awards for best clan and best player in the HoF last years?
    RTK, Barrett wasn't it, I don't see anything starting with SA

Itd be best to put this topic back on track Stig as u will only initiate an immediate response from several ppl... We dnt want the second half of this topic to set the tone for whatever else is posted in these forums in the future :-)
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Aye I tried something new btw:

Make that circle then put the Archers in the stakes (ie. move all of them a bit forward), work wonderfully well (any attacker get's staked as they will always charge)

we must remember why elmo suggested these forums to begin with was to introduce new players who dont really care too much about competition and just want some fun strategies that actually can take down experienced players at times.

theres nothing wrong about giving novice players a little help to get started in the game so they can be a challenge when you play them. i enjoy playing anyone for fun and the less rules the more fun. a lot of people just want to have some fun playing against other people. they dont see it the way long time clan players see it.

and if you arent freindly to novice players and help them out in a few years mtw2 game lobby will look like mtw/vi does now and how it looked for a while before.

Member Member Chaos Cornelius lucius's Avatar
    Off in the woods with my longbow wondering where my arrow went...

And there lies the whole philosophy of why I have no time for some members of SA.
    Luc

No we don't have to fit in with you, we just put you on ignore. Simple.

If you don't need the community and don't even care about what everyone says or thinks, why are you even posting here then? It doesn''t even make a single bit of sence.

Think your a bit confused Pariya.

If you want me to leave, stop talking about me. I'm not that popular am i?

P.S. SA and 7bear7 shud play some more games.... give you a chance to loose with a clear instead of the usual heroic

MISSIONARY for VI - High Era Member |Heerbann|_Luculus's Avatar

Default AW: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

I know Bottom now a few years and often played hard and interesting battles on his side and against him. I also know him from tourneys and so we talked a lot. He is an outstanding general, not only in leading his troops on the field, but behaving like a real leader.

Thats why I never noticed that Bottom was talking about others in a badly way. He always speaks out his opinion, but not in a secret way. He always does this in a diplomatic way and controls his feelings.

So I would "put my right hand into fire" for him. I never believe he had did what here was written.

He is a man with honor and he has got the respect of many veterans who also follow the CoH. Imo here must follow an excuse to Bottom.

A friend

Anyways, back on topic, Its all about the stake trapezoid.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast