Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

MISSIONARY for VI - High Era Member |Heerbann|_Luculus's Avatar

Default AW: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

I dont want to behave like a referee, but I Silents and Bears are both well known clans with very good veteran members.

This: wont bring a result.

But:
    So why not fighting this out on the fields. The one who tells the truth will win, like a duell in medieval solved such disputes.

I am always fighting and never retreat and if I loose I will honour the winner or, if winning, I got the respect.

So come on guys,

Fight it out and get over with it.

Default Re: The Staked Longbow Army of Doom

SA has pwnt 7bear7's with heroics left and right... to my knowledge they have not defeated a single SA team yet.. whether it be 1v1 2v2 or 3v3.

Fight it out?

They have already lost Maby they should merge with hunters as well....

i dont know very much about clan politics since im more into the battle part of the game. but one thing i know if i were to pick a clan different than the one im in it will surely not be silent because they do not have respect to others on the forum. there is no need for this kind of behavior on a subforum that has nothing to do with clan competition anyways so why are you guys even spamming it. if you dont want to participate in the discussion as it pertains to using tactics playing fun games and not competitive games than go spam the clan web sites you have the grievance with or pm them why drag the whole community into your ego trip. if you are so good than why do you have to talk so much to prove it.

Dear me

I couldnt understand why people were a bit down on the MPTW community these days (M2TW) but after reading this thread it becomes so so clear. Have the Silent clan come over from CS or BF2 or some other 12 yr old - I pwnd uze n00bs - seriously how embarressing.

Last time I checked there was no competitive ladder or stats system like there is over at BF2 so all the tough talk hot air is meaningless BS and somewhat juvinile.

I would say most of the community would be laughing at this teenage angst bravado posts - really at least try and pretend to have some maturity if your going to post outside your clans forums on general community forums because your embarressing yourself and your clan.

As far as challenging guys - go for it - thats what the games about - but dissing guys like Bottom and Elmo - mate let me give you some advice - your making yourself look very foolish.

The veteran players have the respect of the copmmunity not because they won lots of games (usually guys who won lots were despised for being exploiters and having no life) they are respected because they play the game for fun and encourage others to do the same. They have nothing to prove - they never did - or ever acted like they did - get it?!

If these spotty faced boys are the norm in the community now
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

i know if i were to pick a clan different than the one im in it will surely not be silent because they do not have respect to others on the forum
    ROFLMAO... do you have any idea how many ppl have been rejected from SA? What on gods green earth makes you think we would even THINK of taking you. Oh man, you vastly over-estimate yourself.

Have the Silent clan come over from CS or BF2 or some other 12 yr old - I pwnd uze n00bs - seriously how embarressing.
    We have been around since the first medeival. We have won more tournaments than any other clan playing the game... team AND 1v1 tournies... including but not only the CWC TWPL TWWC Vandalism GoldenSword The ladders... others... The fact that you don't know who we are would make YOU a noob... not us buddy.

I believe what we have here is a distinct lack of understanding between various groups.

I have had the good fortune or misfortune to start playing on the origanal STW. Alot of the players like Elmo and Bottom and others all started back then. That game had a player and clan ladder (flawed thou it was) and competitive games were exactly that. Clan wars were serious and people went scalp hunting on a nightly basis. YOu insult someone in the forums or speak against their clan, everytime you turn around you were challenged to competive matches, people would have secret names they would use to slip into your competive games and either try and beat you or cause you to lose. Thus hurting your ranking and your clan's. This went on nightly, plus a hundred other dirty little tricks just like these.

The orignal game had a number of "features/bugs" that was used with abandon, thus not allowing a newbie even a fighting chance. A group of players, of which I was one and Elmo another, got together and decided we were tired of the all the nonsense. We wished to play the game for fun and decided that we wished to extend that option to others.

That desire has continued on and while I realize that most consider me a very poor player now. I really do not care because I have not played a game "to win" in several years. Each game I am a part of I am usually playing a new army or trying out a new tactic. *shrugs* I enjoy doing that and have fun. If I win that is great If I lose it happens.

So All the players/clans that are getting so excited in this thread, step back and take a deep breath. REmember you probably are not as good as you believe you are.

Ahh, Yunus, dont try and tell us what we are like in real life, you have no idea how old we are or what games we play. You come out with your "You guys are 12 and spotty faced" {censored} and you have no idea at all. You think we are stereotypical and think you can try and judge what we are like in real life, so lets do the same to you eh? You seem like and {censored}, and you are the one who is perpetuating the {censored} Sound right?

As for Dissing Elmo and Bottom, I never said anything against Elmo directly, he seems fine. As for bottom though, you have no idea of the history, and if you did you would realise he was the one who started talking {censored} about us on this forum, you dont know anything about it, so just keep out and ignore it. I don't CARE about the "respect of the community" the community in this game is a joke, mainly because it is filled with {censored} like you, who sit there thinking hailing and saluting clans in the game is fun and also is the measure of skill or respectability. The fact of the matter is in nearly every game, (most have larger and better communities than this game) people care more about how good people actually are, rather than sitting in the lobby {censored} and thinking that makes them "good" and "respected".

Edited by TosaInu.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Pariya
    ROFLMAO... do you have any idea how many ppl have been rejected from SA? What on gods green earth makes you think we would even THINK of taking you. Oh man, you vastly over-estimate yourself.

We have been around since the first medeival. We have won more tournaments than any other clan playing the game... team AND 1v1 tournies... including but not only the CWC TWPL TWWC Vandalism GoldenSword The ladders... others... The fact that you don't know who we are would make YOU a noob... not us buddy.

I didnt call you or your clan Noobs - I said the way you conduct yourselves and communicate with others is CHILDISH

If your going to challenge people at least role play a medieval general or king or something to make it entertaining to read. Given your conduct here I would say is the reason I chose to ignore your clan. That and you clearly have a HUGE chip on your should trying really hard to prove something.

from your posts you come across as a pimple faced boy

If you want to have CLANWARS I suggest you do it on CLAN forums

GROW UP BOY

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

We dont need to prove anything Yunus, we did that a long time ago with 3 consecutive CWC wins.

It's my opinion that the stake heavy english army is not the best. it's very easy to counter even if you're in an entire box. in most cases that's even easier than a straight line... casue a box itself would merrit that you spent at least 4500 florins on archers.... and that's just wrong! wtf are you going to get with the rest of your money?

OH, by the way, did you know that stakes dont kill cav even from the front... if you know how to send them through ;) it's not even a bug!

please oh please mister silent somebody must you use such vulgar language in a public forum where younger people could see it. its simple man this subforum is to discuss offbase tactics not involving competitive rules. the logic is so sound and obvious what is it about a forum like this that peaves you guys off so much. please help to explain to the people in this forum what your point is.

are you against people sharing tactics with novice players so they can get a better grip on the game? is it that you are jealous that others in the community would like to promote enjoyment of this game more on the lobbys?

please explain the point you are trying to make? surely you can do it in a respectable manner. sure you guys are the best in skill. if thats what you say i have no reason to disbelieve it but what does that have to do with a forum discussing fun tactics for people who dont care about competition have to do with the greivances you have.

i dont understand why you just dont pm the people you have the grievance with or visit their websites and make your feelings expressed there. why do it here unless you dont want these kinds of discussions to take place.

if thats the case why would you not want that to happen?why would you not want the community to share tactics so people outside of clans can enjoy the game? it doesnt make any sense are you afraid that if so many heads get together that it will eventually catch up with your clans research into the mechanics exploits of the game or is it something else?

you see that i am speculating because from what ive seen in this thread you still have not come up with an explanation of why you are acting the way you are here.

so please enlighten us into your motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Just asking, who won the awards for best clan and best player in the HoF last years?
    RTK, Barrett wasn't it, I don't see anything starting with SA
    And wot des that mean btw? Those awards were given by people who think stake boxs are ownage so i wont say anymore lmao

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

You need to feed them poor ponies Demok. They is way too skinny if they can fit between those stakes. :)

To everyone: From the beginning, everyone has said this army isn't viable in competitive games, it is for fun only. Same goes for the Aztec Rush army. Both HAVE been used effectively in several games, whether it was against competition which couldn't figure out how to overcome it or not, really wasn't the point.

Further discussions on improving it, were not an attempt at making it work in competitive games, but an attempt at improving it to its best performance, given its stated limitations. I thought that was evident from the beginning.

Like Strike mentioned above, any army we take is for fun. My competitive days ended back during STW, with the Fearful Ways clan. When I left the clan and formed the Ugly community, I enjoyed helping others learn the game. Not teaching them to win, but to play well enough to enjoy playing.

I am not sure why Pariya felt it necessary to jump into this thread and begin hassling everyone, since this isn't even the thread where Bottom apparently made his remark about someone in the SA clan. It was very childish of him and I called him on it. He then chose to come up with some strange story of how I think I'm "Elite" and other interesting comments, but I figured it was just a single outburst and let it go at that. Anyone who has known me at all over the past 6 years knows I have always referred to myself as a card carrying Professional Noob who has lost more games than most people have played. It also has been pointed out time and again, that this isn't a serious army, but it was obvious a few purposely chose to overlook this fact.

If some of you have an on-going thing with Bottom, you need to keep it in the thread where it started and let us have our discussions here without all the drama. You are always welcome to enter into the discussions and give your opinion, but if it is just to antagonize people over nothing, you're really wasting your time with this bunch, since we care less for who is the best player or clan.

Hey Demok. Tell Furious I said; "Hello". I always had fun playing with him in those 4v4s. I still miss the old days when my PC was brand new and I could host lagless 4v4s and the games would fill up almost immediately after being posted.

PS: I must admit I am surprised to see all of the competitions Monarch mentioned in the MP Tournament section. I had been away from the community for a few years, after my disgust with RTW's MP lobby, that I didn't realize there was so much going on. I would have thought everything would have died after I left!
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-31-2007 at 06:59.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

are you against people sharing tactics with novice players so they can get a better grip on the game?
    Actually, you are the guys warping the novice players minds with talk of stake boxes, I was actually trying to help them by pointing out how bad this tactic is.

Actually there haven't been any brand new novices in this thread, just us old ones. You guys must have chased them away.

Guess the new players should consider it a public service.

-Silent Assassins- : Saving Noobs from Bad Org MP Discussions since 2007

That would make an excellent siggy.

BTW: I thought about this for a long time ---about 3 minutes (Hey! So I have a short attention span, so what?) Now where was I? Oh yes:

This community DOES need a clan such as the Silent Assassins. It provides much needed comic relief (with its over-the-top antics) and bravado. It adds a bit of excitement, in an otherwise, calm (and what some would call "boring") MP community. Sometimes there is so much political correctness and honorable behavior, it begins to appear a bit -- how can I say it: "Fake".

You guys remind me a lot of the clan Demon Kanamari started during the Shogun days. Everyone thought Demon was one person, but it was several different people working together. His clan, challenged and beat several of the top clans who were getting too full of themselves and then taunted them in the forums. It was always fun to visit the .org (at that time the .org was the main forum for all things MP).

Even those times when myself and my clan were the targets of such attacks, it kept us on our toes and created a bit of unpredictability. In those days, you could attack your teammates, and this was one of the Demon Kahn's favorite tactics. The paranoia ran so thick, clans were afraid of taking in new members for fear of being infiltrated and having their secrets stolen or being Team-Killed (TK'd).

Demon even got me indirectly: Magyarkhan joined a big 4v4 on my team, but the name he was using wasn't spelled like he normally did. He bought his usual all horse archer army, and proceeded to set up behind my troops. I decided to attack him at the start before he could get me, and I finally realized my mistake when Magy trashed my army in spectacular fashion -- Magy may not be among the top players today, but I haven't seen anyone since who could control 16 cav as well as he. That was one of those humorous and memorable moments, which never would have happened without the Demon Khan clan.

LOL Demon was even the character behind the now infamous Tera-gate scandal. Poor Tera fell right into his trap and Demon laid it all out at the .org with screenshots of their conversations from a chat room. Though the clans were extremely upset about what Tera did and it led to the MP community leaving the .org and forming the .net, I had to hand it to him for pulling off a major "Punk'd" on the community before he left.

So don't go anywhere guys. The laughter goes both ways.

And to think I actually got paid for writing this, from my work station! I LOVE my job . . sometimes.
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-31-2007 at 13:34.

*shakes head*

From the start of this thread i got the impression that this was an army to be experimented with and played around fun. Stig even mentioned that it was possible to defeat it and it was by no means the invincible army capable of destroying anything it comes across. I think most people took it this way, except a few it seems, who had the strange notion that supporters of this formation were telling "noobs" the wrong things and it would be a detriment to their m2tw capabilities.

Ive played games involving such stake boxes and ive seen them work and ive seen them not work, whether or not some of the people using these stake boxes were "noobs" or not i dont know, simply because they dont have a famed clantag or any clan tag for that matter doesnt make them "noobs".

I fail to see why some of you Silent guys have come out making all sorts of claims about how it sucks and its not even worth talking about, when most people were at first generally just discussing possibilities. Like someone earlier mentioned, Pariya you do give the impression of a 13year old kid who plays counter-strike and shouts "Haha n00b i pwned j00" every time you win - not sure if this is intended or not, but each to their own. Incidentally i dont care whether or not you've won whatever tournaments "x" amount of times, you are obviously skilled players who have been playing a long time, but this doesnt mean:

a) any tactic which doesnt conform to your ideals should be slated at every opportunity
    b) any person who enjoys not playing your standard "grassy plains and specific rules" should be slated either.

I for one enjoy playing various maps, even if that means sometimes i have a huge advantage or a huge disadvantage, it makes for some fun and variety. If this makes me a noob in your eyes than so be it, im a noob yay But please stop with your elitist rantings, and contribute something productive?

Btw this could easily have been solved at the start if Pariya for example had played a simple battle and seen what the results are. Given whatever the results would have been the winner could then have pointed out why he thought he#d won and proven his or hers pov. This would have prevented much "ive pwned stake boxes with a heroic victory 1000000times before noob"

Nice Comments Starky :D

Elmo what would we do without you to put things into Perspective.

Pariya think about what your doing lol, youre making fun of a hat i wear, A HAT

AMP used to play 2 computers at once, and did it well

dude was amazing , and was always a cool dude

pariya, i was getting unemployment benefits and playing old mtw like 12 hours a day for 6 motnhs, dont remember you guys, rtk, bears, wolf clan, fear, elmo's crew, those celtebero dudes and some others...no SA...but maybe i forgot...its been like 3 or 4 years

i'd wake up at like 9pm, go get nachos from 7/11 and smoke weed and play till like 10 am, then pass out until those wonderful checks stopped coming, so maybe u played the other half of the day
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-31-2007 at 14:41.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

-Silent Assassins- : Saving Noobs from Bad Org MP Discussions since 2007
    Stolen.

AMP was never good on two PC's he wasnt good on one. Every time he played on 2 pc's he got pwned, even ask him, im sure he'll be the first to admit it.

And Tosainu if you are going to edit my post, try editing out the actual swear words, rather than censoring {censor} lol. Also, I hope you are going to censor and warn this Yunus Dogos {censor} for his personal attacks.

hmm i dont think u played mtw1 homey, your comments further my belief in this

people accusing elmo of elitism? he is one of the most self deprecating dudes i ever met online
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 01-31-2007 at 18:09.

the problem with the stake box is that it makes it obvious that one player must attack. i am usually up to the challenge of attacking because it automatically gives you the initiative. but even if it wasnt that i cant stand wait very long and would like to end the battle sooner than later.

so if two guys use the stake box and play against each other in a mp game than theres going to be a long battle of waiting for one player to make his move.

other wise it is a good formation.

i agree mad cat, it can sometimes be terribly frustrating if two people are unwilling to advance for whatever reasons, although usually im happy to do it even if it will eventually lead to my defeat. Its one of the reasons people dont like playing anything else than "grassy plains" cos people simply camp on top of large hills sometimes!

and like some people have mentioned i definately dont think the stake box is invunerable because it isnt, but in certain situations it can prove very very effective.

now we must also take into consideration the origins of terms used in the past and their meanings. obviously the stake was derived from the word steak unless i am less than 1st grade equivalent.

now as we know horses do not like steak and it would probably shy them away from an enemy position using them.an infantry attack will find the enemy soldiers enmeshed in the steaks trying to eat them so that will not work either.

of course the only remedy is to use mamelukes. now pretty clearly according to the midieval tongue mamelukes is most certianly interpreted these days as marmaluke which as we know was a large dog in the comic strips who liked steaks. now since a large dog is easily trained and used as war dogs it is easy to see how mamelukes names were used in the old tongue.

dogs as we know love steak but unlike humans the dogs will ignore the steaks on the ground and go for the grill that is cooking them. and killing anyone who tries to stop them. 8|

so it is obvious that mameluk cav is bugged and was intended by ca to be wardogs. so they need to change the units appearance.

:|
    Last edited by pike master; 01-31-2007 at 15:50.

lmao @ everything

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElmarkOFear
    LOL Demon was even the character behind the now infamous Tera-gate scandal. Poor Tera fell right into his trap and Demon laid it all out at the .org with screenshots of their conversations from a chat room. Though the clans were extremely upset about what Tera did and it led to the MP community leaving the .org and forming the .net, I had to hand it to him for pulling off a major "Punk'd" on the community before he left.
    The MP community might be happy with those disgusting cowards, they are not welcome here with their acts.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

its a good thread otherwise. maybe a moderator can edit all the comments not discussing the op topic. or maybe close the topic altogethr. the other threads have been constructive and fun in this subforum.

@Denali i like the swiss too. maybe they can add on a swiss faction then we can make a pike and halberd army of death.

well i have given up my quest for the stakes of doom. not saying it wont work, but the craziness of a 3 vs 3 or a 1 vs 1 against a smarter than me clan member has left me without success

See? We made Denali smile! Another successful thread.

Tosa: I never said the MP community was happy about anything during those days. It was obvious they were extremely unhappy or they would never have left. Didn't you know who the Demon Khan was during that time? He has long since left the community, never to return, and he took his character with him. But now we got these guys! :)

Subutai: Yup, there's not another AMP out there. I have seen him master a couple of games: Praetorian was one of them. It was always fun to watch him play with 2 PCs. He won most of the time too. :) Though the one army was a generic one with his musket, yari's setup to where he didn't have to do much to them, unless it was rushed. He is the one who figured out about the in-battle upgrades and who would teamkill your men, as your army routed past him. One of the reasons he liked playing with me. He knew he had about 1 or two levels of upgrades for most of his men, as my men raced off the map. LOL

Now if only we could get CA to make that circle mobile, we could run around the map chasing those ponies. Would look like a giant inner-tube.
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-31-2007 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Someguy

Also, I hope you are going to censor and warn this Yunus Dogos {censor} for his personal attacks.
    Yunus is a good guy. He was giving you guys back a bit of what you were giving to others in this thread, and you play Mr. Sensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Someguy
    Anyways, back on topic, Its all about the stake trapezoid.
    I thought it was the Stake Triangle now? More efficient than a trapezoid. Hard to get all those angles right.

Now THOSE are funny! At least Someguy has a sense of humor about this. If you are going to have a go at people, at least be slightly humorous about it and don't ruin the whole thing with the use of age-revealing words such as "Ownage" or "L33T".

BTW:

"-Silent Assassins- : Protecting Noobs from .Org MP Discussions since 2007" has a better flow to it.
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-31-2007 at 19:10.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast