Ojibway
    Ohio Tribes
    Susquehannock
    Creek
    -
    Cherokee?
    Choctaw?
    Pirates?
    Last edited by Warluster; 02-01-2007 at 06:40.
    New World:Total War

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Default Re: Faction list!

The united states will be like a horde faction, appearing when the revoulution happens.
    The pirates will probaly be in the game, and playable, maybe blackbeaard will be in it

You might want to reconsider the title Britain.

England and Scotland, at the start date we're still very much independant of each other. Scotland did have it's own dreams of colonial Empire, but which floundered amid bankruptcy and bad planning.

Having the two nations in is far better, methinks.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

That would be Great Britain your thinking, Britain means just England, and we probaly wont include Scotland because it didnt have a lot to do with America back then.

Britain is a title used to describe the geagraphical area of the Isles. The United Kingdom of Great Britain is the political unit, which was far from reality in in the 1550's.

So perhaps you should make it, England?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Thanks for pointing that out Bopa, changed now.

No probs!

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Experimental Archaeologist Member Russ Mitchell's Avatar

May I suggest Pequots and Narragansetts? Otherwise, the Goyana Shegoa is going to be able to move east too easily, and then the Hurons are screwed... okay, MORE screwed... ;)
    Ngata tsukelan mokwisipiak!

Actually, Susquehannock faction is really a combination of various eastern tribes at that time, as making them all different factions would cause much work. Most eastern tribes didn't exist as political powers for the end of our campaign, so its better to make them a single faction.

I Still Play Shogun Member ratbarf's Avatar

Hmm... One thing I think you should add was the fact that a lot of those imperial powers also had to contend with other European powers. For instance Prussia and Germany, as well as the Austrians, Hungarians, and you still had the Ottoman Turks in there somewhere.... As well as the pope. Which played a massive part in colonialism in the 16th century with that half Spain and half portugal mess... Then you had the whole schism thing... Yah could add a bit more to the European part of it? Also please include Canada!!! (had important role in containing Northward expansion of America. Also we're the only ones to defeat them that I can think of. [yah we did have the help of Britain but oh well])

Also if you need a modeldb file writer, I can do that for you.

Just PM me.
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Maybe Canada could be an emerging faction. Doesn't seem right that they would be a faction from the start...

We don't have Canada there ?

They are part of the France Faction, altough we could ahve them as a faction like Untied STates, they emerge after some time, will discuss that.

Yes modern countries occupying the Americas will all be emerging factions, it makes sense.

You might want Portugal as well. If memory serves, they did compete with Spain, France, England etc. for getting the most land as possible. They colonized Central America, and a bit of both the other Americas...If memory serves. I think they were too important in colonizing to forget... I would think more important than a Swedish faction considering the other factions you have...

RM3

But wasn't Porutgal a Main contender in South America, not North or Central ? And I don't think the colonised a lot of islands compared to others.

The Canadians would really just be Quebecois until they were conquered by Britain in 1776. (Quebecius are French Colonists) So that is out of the time frame if memory serves. Also, you should create a skirmesher unit of "Voyaguers" who were the ones who opened up most of the area into "New France" they should be recriutable by the French and the Huron, and Algonquin if they are being included. Also if you are going to include them, make them a province specific unit. Mostly to the cities of Quebec and Montreal, as well as St. Marie among the Huron as a fort. (wow, my sentance structure sucks) Another unit you should consider would be the local militia of Quebecois, who were frequently called upon in times of need. (Should be a strong light infantry unit with decent feildcraft skills and a hardy constitution.)

Also I can do ModelDB files if you want me too.
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Why Russia? Russia conquest america? have some "interest" in america? More better is Bohemia :) :DBut its too unreal as Russia..

They did go into Alaska.... So they might be a good idea, but not the best.

Thats why we have them, as there main goal is to conquer Russia, and as TW games go 'Change History' you could conquer Mexico with a Russian Tzar!

Hey, shouldn't America be an emerging state? Also if all of the indian tribes are broken apart, then how the heck are they gonna win? Plus they were traditionally allied with a lot of the different factions, whose survival and well being directly impacted them.

Maybe later on make them become vassal states? To either the strongest power or to whoever they like the best at the time...

And that russian shit rocks man!!!! ph43R T3H L33TN3SS 0F T3H Tz4Rs!!!

yes, America is a emgering state, a Civlised Horde as I said in the FAQ.

Yes the First Nation Tribes are broken up in this game, as they were hsitorically, all of the FIrst Nation tribes were not untied at the same time.

the First Nation tribes were also allied with France,ENgland Spain etc/etc. And soem of the units in the game will be First Nation units.

There victory conditions will probably alogn the liens of reclaimign land which the Settlers of the Old World took, or gainign revenge on toher nations. And yes you could make them a vassal,

or maybe the American indians could make the settlers vassals?

And I am gald you like the mod!

The First russian settlement in North-America was established in 1740s, so they will quite likely be an emerging faction. Russians never succeeded to establish a bigger more stable colony in Americas, but it is always possible to change history. The main reason why they are included is to bring more action to Tlingit and Haida campaigns(more info in preview coming quite soon).
    Yes, it's true, many native factions never had a change to challenge the whites, but some stronger tribes, such as Apaches, Tlingits and the Iroquois Confederacy did have enough ppower to do so. Not sure about the Canada thing, as we are not going to include 19th century(maybe later), but it would be possible to extend the campaign to 1810s-1820s to get the 1812-1815 War and Tecumseh in.

the lists look good to me. i see this being a hit

Hm, did not know sweden colonised north america unless, you are refering to the presumed viking colonisation of the dark ages. Sweden may have sent mercenaries to the war of independance, but then also allot of german states did, and more abundant.

If you want to include south america then Portugal played a crucial role, otherwise you should rename your mod to something else like North america total war, not the New World.
    AKA Cromagnon2

Try wikipedia for some basic info about New Sweden:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratbarf
    Hey, shouldn't America be an emerging state?
    America? America is a giant continent, not a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    That would be Great Britain your thinking, Britain means just England, and we probaly wont include Scotland because it didnt have a lot to do with America back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar
    Britain is a title used to describe the geagraphical area of the Isles. The United Kingdom of Great Britain is the political unit, which was far from reality in in the 1550's.

So perhaps you should make it, England?
    FYI Britain (male form) or Britannia (female form) refers to the parts of the United Kingdom conquered by the Romans (modern day England and Wales). It later included Scotland either after James VI (King of Scots) became King James I of England in 1606 or after the Acts of Union 1707 were passed (combining the Scottish and English Parliaments).

Ireland is not part of Britian. Though the whole of Ireland used to be part of the United Kingdom, due to the pressure from terrorist groups (such as the IRA) the Catholic Republic of Ireland is now independent, while Protestant Northern Ireland is still part of the United Kingdom (the religions were mentioned because they played an important role in decided which parts of Ireland stayed in the United Kingdom).

Confusingly the term British Isles refers to the Britain and the islands surrounding it (including all of Ireland).
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

What i am about to say may seem extremely ignorant and stupid but what about belgium? seriously what about belgium? i mean, this isn't my exact sphere of expertese or anything, but i know they owned allot of colonies in africa... Feel free to shoot me down over this.
    For his betrayal, his eyes were gouged out and molten lead poured in his ears...

Only probelm is we do exactly have heaps of Africa yet, this mod is mostly about AMerica, not Europe or Africa.

Member Member MehmetTheConqueror's Avatar

You should be sure to include Portugal. The Treaty of Tordesillas (1494) split the New World between the Spanish and the Portuguese. Because of this Treaty the Portuguese took control of Brazil and held it for a long time. Any New World map would require the Portuguese as the had the single largest landholding in South America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast