Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction list!

Default Re: Faction list!

anybody making new units ?? tools just exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaceleb
    Here is the faction list for NW:TW:

Spain
    England
    France
    New Netherlands
    New Sweden
    United States
    Russia
    -
    Apaches
    Pueblos
    Utes
    Shoshones
    Tlingits
    Haida
    Blackfeet
    Dakotas
    Comanche
    Osage
    Pawnees
    Montagnais
    Iroquois Confederacy
    Huron Confederacy
    Ojibway
    Ohio Tribes
    Susquehannock
    Creek
    -
    Cherokee?
    Choctaw?
    Pirates?

Sorry! had to quote your list to see it, I'm too lazy to scroll down.. ;)

Apache - yes. Peublos and Utes where peaceful tribes occupying Arizona/New Mexico and Nevada/Utah, respectively. No need.

Shoshones - did not have much impact at all on anyone. Best known for helping the L and C expedition under Sacajewia. (sp)

Tlingits, Haida - what???

Blackfeet Dakotas - Blackfeet: Southern modern day Canada, plains region. Dakota, North and South Dakota, Nebraska. Dakota - yes. Blackfeet - no. Can I suggest the sub tundra Cree?? (no K, it is Cree) Much better choice.

Comanche - Texas, ok...

Pawnee - very close to Dakota, but bitter rivals. No point in both. Mod would be better with Indian factions vs. the new colonials.

Montagnais - See Tlingits, Haida. (???)

Iroquois - yes! very important. By 1520, consisted of the Mohawk, Oneida, Cayuga, Seneca, Onadaga. Tuscarora (from North Carolina, orginally) NOT ADDED UNTIL 1722. Don't forget that.

Huron - yes! very important. Stern allies of the French. Iroquois, England.

The definite latter 4 - need: Shawnee. Kentucky, Tennessee. Ojibway is realy spelt Ojibwa, moderately important. Ohio tribes - can be... Fox, Saux, Illionois and of the many variety. Pick one (1). All Alogonquin (sp) speaking, got along quite nice ;) Susquehannock - (who??) Creek - yes. located west of the Cherokee, east of the Mississippi River.

Cherokee, Choctaw - More southern US tribes. choctaw located: North of both Cherokee, Creek. Formed northern part as if in a triangle. I would include all three.

Suggestions: Micmac - very important New England, New Bruswick Canada nation.

Pirates - don't know how you'll do it, but - piracy was at its height worldwide in the middle of this period. Very important to have marauding ships.

The Portugal discussion - Portugal was a huge player back then. In North america, maybe just brazil but has a MAJOR influence in Africa up until it let go its last colony in 1970 (yes, 19)

The British discussion - entire Island group called THE BRITISH ISLES. England, Scotland, Wales form.... the island of BRITAIN. Ireland is simply called the island of Ireland, of course. THE UK (stood) for.. the UNITED KINGDOM of (Great) BRITAIN and Ireland. Today called.. the UNITED KINGDOM of Great BRITAIN and NORTHERN Ireland. In 1803 became the UK. In 1707 became GB. GB stands for the Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN and Ireland (not united). Before 1707-- Wales annexed downright by England in 1500's. Scotland loosly and times not so loosly connected with England, but still an independant entity. In 1707 union between England and Scotland, Wales still an annexed territory of England. Ireland considered a conquered realm within English Empire. England unites with Scotland to form Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (again). in 1803 again, Wales officially PART of UK, and Britain (at this time, England and Scotland) formally unite with Ireland to form the UNITED KINGDOM (UK)

In 1550, JUST ENGLAND without a doubt. By 1800 (end of mod) STILL GB. (Great Britain and Ireland, Kingdom of).

Sorry about my sporatic English, but it took about 20 minutes to type all of this, I was getting writers blog (if that means shakey fingers, then yes)
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 05-13-2007 at 21:59.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

New Member Member Jasper The Builder's Avatar

Ireland is only called "The Island of Ireland" by Republicans, I very much doubt that the majority of People in Northern Ireland would Agree with you there. The British Isles are England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland, It also includes places such as the Isle of Man and so on.

And Wales is a Principality under the Statute of Rhuddlan 1248, Thats why the Prince's of the United Kingdom take the title "Prince of Wales" Such as Charles, William and Harry. In 1536 Wales was given full legal rights like that of England, Under King Henry VIII.

I think in this Mod there should be a some kind of unification between England and Scotland and the begining chapter of Great Britain, Starting in 1603 because England never held lands in the America's.

It only came after the Union of the Crowns and it is always misinformed as being "England" even though King James I of England was a Scottish King First and Foremost!! The Virginia Company was put together in 1606 and went on to create Jamestown in 1607, The first settlement in the America's under Great Britain's Control and not only England's.

The large tribe/nation of the Catawba were in NC and surrounding area. About 70,000 I think, not sure at their height. Seems the Catawba may have spoken a Siouan language, not sure.

The mighty Chippewa, allies of the French more or less, in northern Michigan and surrounding areas of Canada. They could field about 5,000 or so warriors, and pushed the Lakota-Dakota-Nakota (Sioux) out of Northern Michigan inot Wisconsin, Minnesota (sp?), and the Great Plains. 'Sioux' comes from the end of a long and derisive Chippewa word for the Lakota meaning 'evil snakes' or something like that. There were at least 5 main tribes of Sioux, and at least 2 lesser tribes, making a very large group of people. A more general and erroneous term applied to all the Sioux seems to be Lakota rather than Dakota, although as previously mentioned, they were the Dakota-Lakota-Nakota people. Same problems with European tribes and nations. Take the helvetti and Belgae, were they Gauls or Germans or a mixture of both peoples??

Then there were the Northern and Southern Cheyene, friends of and I believe related to the Sioux, and very powerful.

The Northern and Southern Arapaho seem to be related to the Sioux and Cheyenne and were usually allies and friends with them, although the Arapaho and Cheyenne did have a war or two.

Then Kiowa in the southest Wyoming and Nebraska etc. area were also powerful and feared, a bit wild I guess. Don't know if the Oklahoma were a subgroup of the Kiowa, but I believe the Kiowa were basically northern Apache or related to the Apache and some were known as Kiowa-Apache.

Ojibwa would include the Pottowatomi (sp?). One is a subgroup of the other but I forget which is which, and the languages are very, very, similar. many of these people live in the Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario, Canada area, there is a large reservation, Walpole (sp?, must look at a map) Island at the northern end of Lake St. Clair.

The Chickasaw were kin of the Choctaw I do believe, and both were powerful. Both may be related to the Creek, but off-hand I don't know for sure.

The Natchez and their 'Sun King' were a large group in the area of Natchez, Mississippi etc. of course.

The Blackfeet (Siksika) were VERY feared, and fought a lot of other people. They are also in Montana and Wyoming, not just southern Canada. An old friend of mine, Jacobi, was a Blackfoot. The Bllod and Pigean, neighbors of the Blackfeet may be related. The Blackfeet were generally on better terms with the British, as it was an incident with a band of Blackfeet trying to swipe horses from the Lewis and Clark Expedition in which a Blackfoot warrior was killed, that soured relations with the USA. Presently there is a large Blackfoot reservation in Montana I do believe.

The Crow were also a good sized gourp in the middle Great Plains near the Sioux and Cheyene with whom they did war with if I am not mistaken. Don't know off-hand if the Crow are related to the Blackfeet. The Crow were in sountern and central Montana etc.

Then the Assinoboine, Plains Ojibwa, Gros Ventre, and variuos Cree north of the Crow in northern Montana and Canada, and the Nez-Perce, Cayuse, and Palouse of Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. The Mandan and Hidatsa were were in North Dakota originally.

Then there were the Shawnee, Pawnee, Ponca, Omaha, Ioway, Missouria, Illinois, Otoe, Kaw, Osage, Caddo, Quapaw, Wichita, Kichai, Tonkawa, Tawakoni, etc. stretching from South Dakota down through eastern Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi and eastward through Arkansas, Missouri and Illionis.
    The Arikara may have been of the Missouria, and they were in northern South Dakota and warred with the Sioux and seem to have been friends and/or related to the Mandan and Hidatsa.

Shoshone were originally in Wyoming and Colorado.

The Ute and Navajo were not all that peaceful either and were quite strong.

A good book is 'Atlas of the North American Indian, Revised Edition', by Carl Waldman, 1985, 2000, ISBN 0-8160-3974-7 for Hardcover.

A large and varied group of people to deal with, and sometimes using language grouping may help to organize things, but this too would be ahistorical at times as peoples withing one language grouping did fight each other as we all know.

Time for a nice, cool chocolate malt now methinks. Maybe a buffalo hamburger, good meat it is, leaner than venison.

Chris

'The *Bllod* and Pigean, neighbors of the Blackfeet may be related.'

Please note *Bllod* should be *Blood*.

Chris

If this mod will include South America, then it is strictly necessary to have Portugal in it. Period.

Also, Portugal's last colony didn't become independent in 1970, but in 1999: it was Macao. The last african colonies became independent in 1975.

Fighting the Good Fight Member Zasz1234's Avatar

Earlier you suggested Canadians as being an emerging faction. I say nay to this as they didn't gain independence until after your mod ends. Also I think perhaps cutting down on the sheer number of factions might help a bit both for the modder's sanity and for the sake of actually being to finish it.

Also, I hope that in the initial stages it will be quite difficult to play as the imperial powers. Population growth was very small (still colonizing) and poor management and unfamiliarity with the new land meant that significant growth (to the point that they could take on the native populations) didn't happen until at least a hundred years after the start of your mod. So in the beginning the Native factions should be fighting each other and not view the Europeans as a threat since they are so weak and if the Europeans hold on long enough they can eventually be able to take the Natives head on.
    Inhale, exhale
    Forward, back
    Living, dying:
    Arrows, let flown each to each
    Meet midway and slice
    The void in aimless flight
    --
    Thus I return to the source.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Canada should not be a whole faction, but maybe you could split it into 2 separate factions, the québecois, and The Canadian part of New England, such as the Canadian Maritime's. Also, if this mod is still alive....Not so many f'ing native faction's. I don't know too many of them, or their names, but I know that the Iroquois confederation, blackfeet, souix, and the lot should be included, and perhap's the unit's as their own, massive faction :p
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

you should have Toussaint Louverture as an emergent rebel faction on hispaniola, possibly Haitian Rebels?
    [[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=[[]]=traffic jam

protector of Taxandria Member Marcus Furius Camillus's Avatar

come on ! New Netherlands ? You mean just that Part of America ( Manhattan ), discovered by VWC ( in English possibly UWC ??) or those parts in Europe to ( Holland, Zeeland, ... ). In that case, the faction name should be the United Provinces, isn't it ?

MARCVS *FECIT
    -Once killing starts, it is difficult to draw the line

- C. Cornelius Tacitus

Prussia, Sweden...

2 big contries that you cant forget... !

The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaceleb View Post
    Here is the faction list for NW:TW:

Spain
    England
    France
    New Netherlands
    New Sweden
    United States
    Russia
    -
    Apaches
    Pueblos
    Utes
    Shoshones
    Tlingits
    Haida
    Blackfeet
    Dakotas
    Comanche
    Osage
    Pawnees
    Montagnais
    Iroquois Confederacy
    Huron Confederacy
    Ojibway
    Ohio Tribes
    Susquehannock
    Creek
    -
    Cherokee?
    Choctaw?
    Pirates?
    add the Chickasaw and the Seminole or you can make them as the five civilized tribes as one faction. and add the Delaware and the Wampanoag
    Last edited by Noddy The Beefy Egg; 04-17-2009 at 17:11.

On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king

SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12