Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ProblemFixer Pure V1.0

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

Default Re: CarlsProblemFixer (V1.13 Last Updated 02/02/2007)

it's the 5-6 hour ones that I'm not so crazy about .
    I don't blame you, If I have to download anything like that though, I tend to leave it running overnight, allthough that might be expensive with dialup.
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

Hello, I am playing this mod so I thought I would start by asking the questions here. I am playing England and am ~120 turns into the game. It has been absolutely problem free so far but now I am stuck on a CTD problem. I have a large stack outside of Hamburg and it keeps crashing the whole game every time I try to attack this one particular city. It is held by the Danes, I really need to finish them off, they have broken alliances and or cease-fires several times and are just being irritating. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Separate question, the black death is completely wrecking my empire, it may be historical but it is not fun, not even a little bit, is there any easy way to turn it off?

I would happily try 1.14 if you can tell me how to download.

Hello, I am playing this mod so I thought I would start by asking the questions here. I am playing England and am ~120 turns into the game. It has been absolutely problem free so far but now I am stuck on a CTD problem. I have a large stack outside of Hamburg and it keeps crashing the whole game every time I try to attack this one particular city. It is held by the Danes, I really need to finish them off, they have broken alliances and or cease-fires several times and are just being irritating. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Could you list the units in your army and the units in the danish army and the building in the castle for me please? Their shouldn't be any issues with any of them, but i'd like to check it to be sure.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Another positive note for your fix: before I installed it, I experienced frequent crashes associated with the movies, to the point where I turned off the spy & assassin movies. I'd still crash whenever a Crusade, marriage, or event movie came up, requiring me to reload the game to get the movie to play correctly (if at all).

But since I installed the fix, the movies have been working. Makes it much nicer when a Papal Election comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    Could you list the units in your army and the units in the danish army and the building in the castle for me please? Their shouldn't be any issues with any of them, but i'd like to check it to be sure.
    Carl, many thanks again for the excellent mod. The problem is almost certainly with the Danish generals body-guard unit. It is the only one that I have not faced or used before. It should not have been the citadel since I was attacking an army outside the walls. The citadels troops were in as reinforcements since they were in range. I was hoping to break the army so badly their wold not be anything left to retreat into the Citadel. The full list is as follows
    English
    Gen Cav
    DEK
    SHER FOR
    RET LB
    ARM SWORD

DANISH
    PEASANTS
    NORSE ARCHERS
    CATAPULT
    BALLISTA
    SWORD STAFF MILITIA
    GENERALS BODYGUARD
    CROSSBOWMEN
    MER PAV XB
    CROSSBOW MILITIA
    TOWN MILITIA

Hmm, thanks for that. Has anyone else expirianced this issue at all? It sounds strange as the Danish bodygaurd is exactly the same as the English one so I can't see why their should be a problem...

Carl

I'm playing Lusted's L to C 2.1 , should or can I install your fixer over this or can I install it as a seperate mod(so I can still have the options to play vanilla, LtoC or your bugfixer)?

Thank you for your hard work.!
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

It is somewhat funny that your tech support is better than CA's, but it is much appreciated.

Carl could you check Halbred militia, I think it may be the common theme between the crash I was discussing above, and another one I had today. This was with a German rebel stack not the Danes.

I would like to try 1.14 while I am at it by the way, or am I just missing the download instructions above?

@Razor: You could paste my mod over the top in theory, but both me a Lusted modify some of the same files. This means you'd end up messing up all lusteds hard work with regards to units. in addition, Lusted uses Higher mass values for most Cav and some hidden modification outside the EDU which drastically increases the fighting power of Spears and 2-Handers. that why Lusted is able to get away with lower Skeleton Comp factors and/or attack values for his spears/2-Handers and still get equal or better kill rates against some target types than they do in my mod. I wish I knew what he's done LOL.

You can run them side by side however with no issue at all as my default installation method puts the modified files in a different folder to that of Lusted LTC2.1

@Chickenwire: Right now I'm mostly interested in modders doing the testing as something that I changed between V1.13 and V1.14 is causing a crash around turn 30. I thought I had it nailed at one point, but it's looking like I didn't get it wrong and I'm not sure which file is the problem ATM. However once I get a bug free V1.14 BETA I'll defiantly remember your name.

p.s. theirs no download link your missing no, I'm sending that by PM to the relevant individual. However if any other modders want to throw their oar in an help I'd be glad of it as I'm not sure exactly what the issue is ATM.

@Chickenwire: Right now I'm mostly interested in modders doing the testing as something that I changed between V1.13 and V1.14 is causing a crash around turn 30. I thought I had it nailed at one point, but it's looking like I didn't get it wrong and I'm not sure which file is the problem ATM. However once I get a bug free V1.14 BETA I'll defiantly remember your name.
    Turn 30 is when the first disaster seems to happen, and also IIRC when the AI more or less comes out of auto pilot and begins playing for real. Are you speculating it's one of those things? If you wanna discuss further here, or drop me a PM, feel free to do so.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

Unhappy Re: CarlsProblemFixer (V1.13 Last Updated 02/02/2007)

Hy ... sorry to say but i cant dowload the fix ... :(( from neither link
    And is it possible to give the links to all the fixes that were made or which ones are the reccomended ones ???
    I have the game the firts patch - is there a second ? - and some fixes / changes ... sorry to make this request but my time is limited ... got to work to .. thanx ... iff possible pm me
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

@Dexter: the Savefile link should now be working for you, FileFactory looks like it's just vetry Busy.

@Foz: Thanks i'll PM you about it and i'll check the date, as tuirn 30 was a rough geuss TBH, (I can use continue campaign to go back to the turn of the crash).

Thumbs up Re: CarlsProblemFixer (V1.13 Last Updated 02/02/2007)

[QUOTE=Carl]@Dexter: the Savefile link should now be working for you, FileFactory looks like it's just vetry Busy.

Yes it worked !!! Thanx
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

Your welcome.

V1.13 FileFront Link added.

V1.14 is getting along nicely guys, i just need to edit a few more things and then get it tested and it should be ready.

sounds good

I suppose you'll continue and encorporate the second patch in your ProblemFixer next? *hopes so*
    Drink water.

Yep, you think i'd let all that hard work go to waste.

Will installing this cause any problems when the second patch for M2 comes out?"

edit: nvm got unspecified errors when i try custom battle so oh well wasn't keen on doing any modding to m2 anyways
    Last edited by Rilder; 02-26-2007 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder
    Will installing this cause any problems when the second patch for M2 comes out?"
    That depends what you mean. On the one hand no, if you mean to the vanilla game. You can play vanilla M2TW (including any patched version of it) until the cows come home no matter what mods you've installed, provided you just double-click the default game icon

If, though, you mean Carl's fixer might interfere with things 1.2 corrects if you try to run the problemfixer mod, then yes it might (and in fact almost certainly would). I anticipate any of the fixer mods will need some time to re-modify the 1.2 files to include any still-needed changes. Basically 1.2 looks to be big enough that we'll all run vanilla 1.2 for a bit to see what's in and what's not, and then you'll get new versions of all the fixers: versions that include the 1.2 official fixes, plus whatever else. Until those versions are out, you probably shouldn't run mods w/ 1.2 as the mod files would have old data that may be undoing the corrections of 1.2.

edit: nvm got unspecified errors when i try custom battle so oh well wasn't keen on doing any modding to m2 anyways
    What units and map where you using, I can't think of anything that should cause crashes in custom and have never expirianced one myself so i'm a bit stuck.

As to your question, exactly what Foz said, i'll ait till the patch comes out then look at how things are working in vanillia, then alter as necessery to make my problem fixer V1.2 compatabile.

What units and map where you using, I can't think of anything that should cause crashes in custom and have never expirianced one myself so i'm a bit stuck.

As to your question, exactly what Foz said, i'll ait till the patch comes out then look at how things are working in vanillia, then alter as necessery to make my problem fixer V1.2 compatabile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilder

I was having some kind of problem like this. The only remedy ended up being to copy my entire data directory (partially unpacked) into the mod folder. I know there are guides everywhere that tell you exactly what you have to have in a mod folder... but I had that stuff covered already. I never did figure out exactly what it was from my data folder that the game was looking for in the mod/data folder, but something in there did make the game run right again. Note that I've never unpacked the works: I have no interest (yet at least) in messing with models or textures. So, IIRC I had unpacked txt files and xml files (using the unpacker's filter). I really don't think it was any of the unpacked stuff that fixed it though, I think it was some of the normal game stuff that resides in the data folder. Why the game was looking for them in the mod folder, I'll never know...

@Foz: well my instillation method just puts m mod in the normal Data folder, it dosen't have it's own Mod folder, so I can't understand the issue TBH.

Carl, when the second patch comes out, will you be doing a visual scan to see if CA has fixed all the trait probs?

Yeah, I can check it out but I doubt they will have got them all as some are subjective rather than definte bugs.

ProblemFixer Pure is exactly the same as the old "Carl'sProblemFixer V1.13", It's simply received a name change now that Rebuild-ProblemFixer V1.21 exists.

This thread is in fact the old V1.13 thread moved from the Citadel forum and given a new name.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234