Thread: Can you win the game only using geishas?

I like the thought of using ninjas to kill. Its too bad there are not more options for ninjas, but at least there in there.

I was readin the instruction guide and saw that geishas, when tehy become available can be deadly assassins. Is it possible to wipe out every general with these girls? THat would completely lower the morale at higher levels, so you could just walk over their troops? Would that work?
    *cough*

You could, but what fun would it be?

Seriously, you'd have to hold out long enuf against regional rivals to build up the capacity to build geisha, and then you'd have to build enough geisha to start eliminating stuff. The real cheese is when you just use those geisha to eliminate the other clan's dynasties. Pretty boring, though.

yes, and then what are you left with? a bunch of ronin hordes you can wear down province by province. sure, it may be enjoyable once, but using it as a principle stragety multiple times...well, that leaves something to be desired. beating the computer player(s) without competition is a waste of the money spent to purchase the game.

but whatever. do what you like. :d

Here's a challenge for you: kill every single soldier on the map with geishas =]
    Hasta la victoria siempre
    -Che Guevara

Yes, you can win using only Geishas, but keep in mind:

- By the time they are available you should have many strong armies to hold your enemie's back

- If you have such armies, why don't use them to defeat your rivals instead using Geishas?

- If you don't have armies strong enough, you will be trounced long before getting the Geisha House, specially playing at hard/expert levels

- Then, what use Geishas for? To protect your Daimyo, heirs and taishos against AI Geishas attacks (have at least two of them around each possible target, but note absolute protection is not completely guaranteed) Well, another use: kill some priests, videos are very funny

- Don't try to kill every soldier on the map with Geishas as *Che* says (he's a joker), you would need several thousands and plenty of time

[This message has been edited by Kokueater (edited 03-21-2001).]

You get geishas late in the game and I don't think you would stare for 100 years waiting to build one.

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at:

http://terazawa.totalwar.org/

i agree that geishas are pretty boring. but whay can they only be killed by another geisha of by a very very good ninja(how good?) I hope in the add-on, they ae toned down a bit and become less effective

------------------
    Chaos is born from order.
    Cowardice is born from bravery.
    Weakness is born from strength.
    -Sun Tzu
    Chaos is born from order.
    Cowardice is born from bravery.
    Weakness is born from strength.
    -Sun Tzu

About a million years ago (it may have even been in the previous dojo) it was mentioned that the main point of the geisha was to help speed up the end game. You may have noticed that towards the end of the campaign, you get into stalemate situations with two huge armies squaring off. The geisha was to help speed up the wiping out of enemy generals and daimyo's just so you had more chance of ending the game before 1600 rolls around. Send her in to kill the general, then follow up with a major assault while his army is demoralized. Personally, I almost never use them, except maybe two or three set to protect my daimyo and heirs.

-- B)

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

no, there's no way to win using only geishas, and here's why:
    once you kill the general, the rest of the army is still there. Even if you manage to eliminate the clans, now you've got Ronin in the provinces, so you've still got to fight them to unite the country and win. killing off an army of 500-1500 men using only a geisha (one at time?) isn't going to work since a province can produce a 60-man unit per turn (60 turns to kill off one unit using one geisha is an infinite task, when one considers another new 60-man unit can be made each turn).
    Also, by the time you're able to afford (assuming youre not cheating) all the structres to build geishas, your enemies are pretty kick-ass, so reducing them to ronin won't make them any easier to conquer by force.
    I'm pretty sure that covers every eventuality.

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 03-28-2001).]

The only way I could win at expert level was by using the geisha. With hojo, fairly early on, citadels can be built along with the other stuff. It was impossible to win using soldiers. Outnumbered, outproduced, outkokued. Especially when there are only 2 or 3 clans left.

Anyways, I had 4 geishas shadow the oda diamyo who at that time had 3/4 of japan.
    Killed his kids first though, they are hard to find but easier to kill, they also raise the honor of the geisha.

I kept fighting defensive battles just keeping my head above water. I was actually losing slightly more soldiers than I could replace. then BAMN the daimyo dies and everyone becomes ronin!

The ronin still kept on attacking and actually broke though. But atleast I had a chance to recover.