Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia [Concluded]

It's here! It's here! The latest installment in GeneralHankerchief's mafia series!!!

Basic summary:

- The location of this game is the Frontroom. The cozy Kingdom/Village of Peace and Love is under attack. Two of its members have joined up with the sinister mafia, and are now threatening to kill everyone in the town! It is the villagers' goal to stop them.

Rules:

- This is mafia at its most vanilla. Two mafiosi, one Detective. The mafia get to kill two people a night no matter how many of them are alive, and the Detective gets to investigate one person a night.

- Depending on the amount of people that sign up, I might up the number of mafiosi to three (but still keep two kills). This will be confirmed once the amount of players is known.

- The realism system I created in Mafia V is in place once again. Basically, the people with roles have more incentive to PM me quickly in the night phase.

- No screenshots. Of anything.

- Inactivity will be dealt with by the Wrath of God. However, I may decide to utilize Sasaki's replacement thread.

- Mafiosi cannot disclose their roles to anyone aside from me or their partner.

- The Detective cannot reveal when dead, and must reveal to everyone at once, in the thread.

I think that this will prevent the kind of mishaps that I, among others, was guilty of in Capo. Basically, I ask that everyone exercise their good judgement. Remember, this game is about having fun above all else. So play nice.

Post here to sign up. I'll be starting the game in a couple of days.

Good luck everyone!

Signed up: (35 so far)
    Kagemusha
    Sasaki Kojiro
    discovery1
    Xiahou
    Stig
    Fenring
    Lord Motep of Kendermore
    Sir Boo
    Ichigo
    Pannonian
    Crazed Rabbit
    HughTower
    Redleg
    Reenk Roink
    JimBob
    pevergreen
    Ignoramus
    CountArach
    Rythmic
    ByzantineKnight
    Warluster
    AndresTheCunning
    Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
    sapi
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Sir Moody
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Dutch_guy
    Caius Flaminius
    Orb
    UltraWar
    Destroyer of Hope
    Zalmoxis
    ChuggtheSquirrel
    Kommodus
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-11-2007 at 23:04.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia

Ahh the classic is back!Let me just say that im in.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

In!
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

In!

In! #$~

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Sure, why not? IN.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

in, obviously

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

In.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Ah, the classic series...in!
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

I find it very amusing how my mafia gets very few interested in hours and hours yet yours gets loads of people in 30 mins anyway i supose i might as well play. In!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Of course GH, I will play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Boo
    I find it very amusing how my mafia gets very few interested in hours and hours yet yours gets loads of people in 30 mins anyway i supose i might as well play. In!
    It's probably because this is the most established of the Mafia games, so people know what they're getting with this. Eg. until Capo, I was wary of joining the more complicated games because I didn't think I could get my head around their rules. Whereas this is, as GH says, the most vanilla of the Mafia games, with a tried and tested formula, good opportunities for the mafia if they play well, but also notoriously difficult for them to reach the finishing line due to the inherent nature of Mafia.

Oh, and add me. It might be an idea to keep a running tally of the participants in the first post, and perhaps a separate thread for all the end of turn events (a la Capo).

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I haven't missed one yet - I'm in!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Yes of course. In.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

I am IN
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Boo
    Don't feel too badly Sir Boo, most people (myself included) ignore mini-Mafia type games and stick to the full length games.

Gen-Hankmeister is the original Mafia game guy and has great writing to go with simplicity (Kommodus too).

Then there are Sasaki's games which add something new each time.

The themed games popping up (Sir Moody, Seamus, Sigurd) also are a nice change.

Try hosting a themed game (I was going to but didn't have the time).

Add some new roles or a new system.

Oh, and the Wanax is back!

Never been in a GH game. Lets do this.
    Sometimes I slumber on a bed of roses
    Sometimes I crash in the weeds
    One day a bowl full of cherries
    One night I'm suckin' on lemons and spittin' out the seeds
    -Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Lemons

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

in
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I am certainly in.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

I'm wondering if I should PM the Chief of Police about this.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian
    I'm wondering if I should PM the Chief of Police about this.
    Then I would need to find a new one.

On another note, I'm glad there's such an interest. I'll probably do an information summary thread (again) if there are a ton of players.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

OMG! I am so in!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

IN!

Oh yeh In.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Smile Re: Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia

In!!
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

In!

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Well, eh, what can I say...?

In!
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Post Re: Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia

In!

I need another game to up my post count
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 02-09-2007 at 13:47.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

In ;)
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Sign me up...
    Status Emeritus

in!

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast