Thread: Sound

Was digging around in the programme files and for the first time noticed a Quake.wav file. I've been playing all this time with an incompatible sound card. Thought I was hearing everything anyway.

Or is this file a left-over that isn't used in the game.

If people are hearing quakes am I missing out on typhoon and tsunami sounds too (couldn't find those files).

(This might be a tech support issue, but considering that it's been discussed on this forum before, and can be answered in one reply, what the heck.)

You're not missing out on anything - or if you are, I and a multitude of others are too. I believe the earthquake (as well as typhoon etc.) sounds are supposed to play when the window informing you about the event in question pops up - but the sounds don't play. Ever. I believe this is just another feature left out of the game - there are a lot of other left-out sound effects too, most notably the clan Chosokabe sounds (which you may get when using .ronin.) and an entire music clip, battle3.wav.

------------------
    "Si j'étais né en 17 à Leidenstadt / Sur les ruines d'un champ de bataille / Aurais-je été meilleur ou pire que ces gens / Si j'avais été Allemand?"
    - Jean-Jacques Goldman: Né en 17 à Leidenstadt
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Theres a massive great text file inside the game with loads of mentions loads of facets of the game that never got to release. Some kind of hospital would you believe. I can sympathise I'm currently doing some web development work and there are tons of old legacy files on the Webservers. Left untouched because it would be too much effort(and hence money) to account for everything.

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

This is something that we've discussed before and even gotten feedback from the Shogun audio guy (Brian I think his name was).

Brian indicated that there were a large number of sounds that didn't make it into the final release (ie Battle3.wav). Many of us in the past have requested that these sounds be implemented. Maybe they'll do something about it in the add-on, especially with the "enhanced" (?) diplomatic module.

There are even different tones that ambassadors can take with you based on your relative strength/weakness to their Daimyo (conciliatory, neutral or agressive). Even by implementing just these, it would have made the campaign infinitely more playable IMO.

------------------
    FearObake
    I am the ghost of your fears.
    Got a compliment or concern about a Fearful Ways member? Let us know about it HERE
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks guys, just me getting paranoid about my sound card.

Sorry Anssi-san I put it here through laziness, knew it would get a faster response, and I wouldn't have to trawl through the archives.

[This message has been edited by Tone (edited 04-03-2001).]

It's good to see you once in a while, Obake-sama: it proves that you care , plus it makes us painfully aware of what we lost when you stopped posting regularly. Nevertheless, always appreciated, and sorry about the condition you found the Dojo in.

Originally posted by Obake-sama:
    Quote There are even different tones that ambassadors can take with you based on your relative strength/weakness to their Daimyo (conciliatory, neutral or agressive). Even by implementing just these, it would have made the campaign infinitely more playable IMO.[/QUOTE]But is this not implemented, already!? I always thought it was, and have declined a goodly number of alliance offerings simply because of the Emissary's smug tone. Are you saying that's what they always do?

------------------
    "Daddy, where what were you doing during the Mongol Invasion?"
    "Well, I was shoveling $#!+ in the Shameful Spam thread..."
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Draksen's Avatar

Sorry this is OT, but...

Anssi sama,

"Si j'étais né en 17 à Leidenstadt / Sur les ruines d'un champ de bataille / Aurais-je été meilleur ou pire que ces gens / Si j'avais été Allemand?"
    - Jean-Jacques Goldman: Né en 17 à Leidenstadt

Great french singer really.
    I'm surprised... where have you heard this ?
    In Finland ?
    Nothing more to say : I'm very surprised.

Shima Draksen,
    KAZAMATSURI no Kami

------------------

Kazamatsuri clan
    www.geocities.com/draksen
    What I hate the most:

1-discussing politic with ignorant american teens.

2-discussing politic with ignorant british teens.