Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB Unit Development Art

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EB Unit Development Art

We have decided for a few different reasons to release some unit development art by Caratacos (one is so we can start using them in some signature banners ). You have seen three of these so far, the Getai Lesser General, the Galaecian Skirmisher, and the Agema Orditon but not the others yet. Of the units he has depicted for us, only one has been created at this time, and we have revealed that one too - the Getai Lesser General by Xprime. We hope fans of the mod will enjoy Caratacos' work here; we sure have and every time he posts something new on the work thread everyone rushes there.

In addition to releasing some of these unit development pics, we would like to possibly motivate talented modellers and skinners to try their hand at some of the units if they like (though it would be best to let us know in advance so we can inform anyone if one of the team members has already started working on it). In this respect, some of us are hopeful that revealing these units might also lure some more talent into the mod to help finish our unit work - we still have a lot of great units to do, and we aren't going away anytime soon either (and unit guys aren't getting a lot done modding MTW2 at this moment either ). We still have a lot of units that remain to be created, even though it may seem like we have countless ones already. We especially have a number of regional units for multiple factions that we would like to get into the game as soon as we can. North Africans, steppe units, Illyrians, Arabians, you name it. We have a number of people in these areas on the team, but some work on other projects too and help the mod team in other ways as well. We have plenty of sample textures our artists can draw from on our other units, and we have lots of folks willing to offer advice, but this is not something we need first-time model or texture artists trying though. Finally, a big part of being on the team is being able to communicate with us directly and easily, and being willing to work with us on units as the historians and faction coordinators direct. There are no egos in this area on the team who have to have units their way when the historians disagree with their depictions; so being able to work with others is an absolute necessity. If you have skill in these areas and would like to help us finish the mod, please contact us. You'd be working with the best mod team in the Total War series (we've got awards to show for it! ), where you can further develop your talents and contribute to the best mod ever (based on team members' opinions, of course ).

So, enough with that and on to the show! We will update these every so often with his new work. We'll start with the Siluri Birnai, a regional for the Casse.

Agema Orditon

Getai Lesser General

Galaecian Skirmisher

Siluri Birnai

Spahdabe Pahlavanig

Indo-Greek Noble Hoplite

Royal Numidian Cavalry

Two-Handed Sword Champion

Pontic General

Hayasdan General

Saka Heavy Cataphract

Roman Legionaire

Spartiate

Arverni Arjos

Caturige Gaedann (Alpine Celtic regional)

Celtiberian Heavy Infantry

Tabargane Eranshahr

Garamantine Spearman

Liby-Phoenician Elite Infantry

Sweboz Druhtinaz

NEW PUBLIC RELEASE!! (November 17, 2007)
    Sabaean General
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 12-02-2007 at 06:40.

Default Re: EB Unit Development Art

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Siluri Birnai

Ok this guy (face and minus tatoos...) looks just like my dad....

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder
    Ok this guy (face and minus tatoos...) looks just like my dad....
    Well do you know what he does on the week ends...what he really does?
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

...models ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

he looks a lot like my dad, with the tattoos! but my dad only wears that much in the way of clothes if he's goin out to church or a nice restaurant...
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

"Do you want to know more ?"
    - Robocop
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Time for another update. This one is an Indo-Greek Noble Hoplite. It has not been created yet - we still would like to ask for talented skinners and modellers who are interested in helping us create all these new and gorgeous units to contact us. You can see more of these in post #1 in this thread. Great work again Caratacos!

i know i've seen it before, but that is so sweet. where are the skinners and modellers? this thing is gorgeous!
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Post 2 is updated above so that it will contain the fan versions of the released Caratacos signature banners. Here is also (this is not one big image, but a lot of little ones):

He's been really busy with other things lately, so we haven't had new unit development art, but I think he's close to being able to do some more of them now.

great work caratacos, i wonder if i could show you some of my artwork.

Got it, I see that there were some shading changes and the title was a little off. The proper one is now in place here.

WHY THE F**** DIDN'T I KNOW OF THIS THREAD BEFORE!!!!

Its freaking awesome Nice work dude.

Let me ask you, How long does it takes you to do them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards
    Well do you know what he does on the week ends...what he really does?
    considering hes a truck driver I find that vary unlikely

Mister of the Universe!!! Member Caratacos's Avatar

Smile Re: EB Unit Development Art

At fear of generating an ensuing legal struggle my team of top price lawyers have instructed me to comminucate the following disclaimer:

No fathers were harmed, photgraphed or used as models in the making of these artworks. All likenesses to persons real or imagined are purely coincidental.
    Last edited by Caratacos; 02-22-2007 at 11:20.

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    NEW PUBLIC RELEASE!! (Feb. 26, 2007)
    Royal Numidian Cavalry
    wow! Im a big fan of the numidian cavalry! So will be this go to replace the old numidian cavalry (I read somewhere it was a placeholder, and to be sincere i never loved it very much) or it will be a new more advanced unit? If it is a more advanced unit as you can understand by its name, then will there be a new low-end numidian cavalry?

thanks for that unit art!

If it is a more advanced unit as you can understand by its name, then will there be a new low-end numidian cavalry?
    It's a more advanced unit, atm i do't know if the lower end unit will change..

Jedi Master Member spirit_of_rob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny
    It's a more advanced unit, atm i do't know if the lower end unit will change..
    It is on the list to be updated yes
    Skinner/Modeller for EB

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

great news thanks!

If you've installed the hotfix, or visited the EB website gallery recently, you've seen the latest released unit Caratacos has drawn for us. Here it is for everyone else:

EDIT- oops never mind
    Last edited by Imperator; 05-08-2007 at 00:28.
    Currently Playing as:

If you like EB, you'll love:
    https://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/

great art you people

and anyway being a general in a EB battle is super cool ....
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

I wish i had your skill Caratacos great great great work....btw have you drawn a macedonian unit yet ? a Pezhetairos.... maybe.. ?

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked
    I wish i had your skill Caratacos great great great work....btw have you drawn a macedonian unit yet ? a Pezhetairos.... maybe.. ?
    We are using his work as concept art for new units, so he hasn't really drawn any pre-existing units (except when they were to be used solely for sig banners). He won't be drawing a pezhetairoi anytime soon, and I don't think there are any macedonian units on the cards at the moment.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Here's a new one from Caratacos! Discuss and enjoy! It hasn't been made yet by the model and texture artists.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Badass looking! I especially like the expression on his face, that really breathes life to the picture. But what is this unit, some kind of iranic hillman? Obviously a light skirmisher type.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Are any of the units on page 1 in the game yet (that is, in 0.81a v2)?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: EB Unit Development Art

Nope
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Many of them are in our current INTERNAL build.
    Last edited by keravnos; 07-03-2007 at 15:44.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

OK, and will all the units on this thread be in the game in the next release, or will some be put into the game later?

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Cool Re: EB Unit Development Art

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    Are any of the units on page 1 in the game yet (that is, in 0.81a v2)?
    Well sorta, but that quite how they look in the pics. The Indo-Hellenic Hoplite is definitely already there, so is the Casse to-handed sword dude.(Only in the current build he's Burnett and doesn't have a helmet.) And the Scortamareva(sp?) is in, but he's got way more hair than in that picture.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast