Thread: All BL fixes, tweaks,... un- and official ones.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default OLD OUTDATED BL fixes. Only for use with the old beta.

ALL OF THESE FIXES ARE OUTDATED AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF BL

As it might have gotten complicated for some members this thread will have all fixes, tweaks and additions for the last beta version of BL. Note, not all of them are official and there isn't a real patch yet.

Here you can download the beta.

Fixes, tweaks,...:

Patch 01, official, adds sprites to the game, campatible with all fixes. Link:
    http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download...BLpatch_01.rar
    thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65928

Lucjan's morale/movement speed fix, unofficial.Link:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rt...ale_modded.zip
    thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=66037

Yomibug fix, by Nikolai, Huge fix, compatible with all fixes, small download. link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/14906682...i_fix.zip.html
    thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78907

saulot333 fixes, units, AI crashes (removed monk faction),recruitment changes,... unofficial, link:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78907
    thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79203

Warning siome fixes might conflict. So I wouldn't advice to combine them all, unless you have modding experience.
    Last edited by Moros; 04-27-2008 at 17:40. Reason: outdated fixes!

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Default Re: All BL fixes, tweaks,... un- and official ones.

Could I be using all these mods at once without conflicting?
    I just don't want to have to go searching through the edu.txt and manually changing this and that due to mods overwriting each other. Which has happened to me several times..... -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Well, I'm not to sure. I haven't tested them all and haven't tried combining them.
    Now patchO1 and the yomi fix are compatible with all fixes. Lucjan's and soulot's probably will conflict tough. But might not.

Rapidshare is blocked from my net connection. Isn't there any other way to download the yomi fix?
    Time is Money. Spend it.

pm me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Smile Re: All BL fixes, tweaks,... un- and official ones.

Sorry for replying after such a long time, but it seems that the download problem was not due to rapidshare, but due to firefox. The download works fine with IE. Thanks, Moros
    Time is Money. Spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by bippukt
    Sorry for replying after such a long time, but it seems that the download problem was not due to rapidshare, but due to firefox. The download works fine with IE. Thanks, Moros
    Strange, I always use Firefox, never experienced any problems with rapidshare.

It's very strange indeed! Firefox works fine on my other computer (to which I don't have access for a LONG time) as well as on other administrator accounts on this PC itself!!! Very strange indeed. Anyway, it doesn't matter as IE can do what I need to do :)
    Time is Money. Spend it.

All,

First off, I've been lurking at The Org for years now, and I have The Org to thank for introducing me to the two greatest RTW mods in existence (Europa Barbarorum and Blue Lotus). And I have those two mods to thank for many many lost hours.

I've just returned to Blue Lotus from many months of Europa Barbarorum, and I'm happy to see all of these fixes. However, I can't get to the saulot333 fixes. First off, the direct link above actually goes to the thread for the Yomi bug fix, and when I do go to the thread for the saulot333 fixes, the link in that thread (I would copy that URL here, but the forum doesn't let you post a link in your first ever post) takes me to a page that says the file has been removed. Could someone direct me to this file?

Thanks, and special thanks to hoggy and the rest of you for making and improving this fantastic mod.
    "The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC), 55 BC

The more things change....

Sorry I do not have those files. Someone who has downloaded it or soulot333 should upload it again. Perhaps you could pm him. I'm sure he'll be happy to upload it again or something.

Thanks Moros. I'll PM saulot333.
    "The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC), 55 BC

PLEASE,PLEASE. I've waited a month. I couldn't play the mod right. PLEASE Upload it in filefront. All the fixes.

On a related note, I PMed saulot333, but have yet to receive a response. Could someone else who downloaded that particular fix make it available? The rest of the fixes appear to still be available at the links posted above.

Thanks all.

I want to be able to give the "battlefield ninja" unit to a few factions. I have already made them available in single player custom batlle by editing "export_descr_unit" in Data. I assume to get them in imperial campaign I would have to adjust something in "export_descr_buildings_safe" but I really don't know what. Any advise please?

No you should be modding export_descr_buildings.txt

you should add this line to the buildings of your choice(note the name in the line is not correct, copy it from export_descr_units.txt and ofcourse you have to replace factionx and factiony with the factions of your choice.)

Code:
    recruit "battlefieldninjas" 0 requires factions { factionx, factiony, }
    Last edited by Moros; 08-12-2007 at 11:53.

The God-Emperor of Mankind Member Joolz's Avatar

So, was anyone able to upload saulot333's fixes?

Apparantly noone has. I'd do it but I simply never downloaded it as I didn't really need those fixes.

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Agreed.
    After all, removing one of the factions most central to he storyline
    can hardly be called a "fix".
    Rinsui

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsui
    Agreed.
    After all, removing one of the factions most central to he storyline
    can hardly be called a "fix".
    I'd characterize removing the Monks as more of a "workaround" than a "fix". After all, if the choices are:

1) A mod that frequently crashes for no apparent reason and in which the Monks are inevitably defeated a few turns in, and

2) A somewhat more stable mod in which the Monks never appear to begin with,

I'll definitely choose 2.

Obviously neither option is the way the mod is meant to be experienced, but until "perfect" exists, I was hoping to settle for "better."

In any case, the point is moot, as no one seems to have the fix available....

Sorry to disappoint you, Ripper.
    the monk bug was fixed about a year ago; the problem was a conflict between names for the monk faction in two different files. Paste the contents of THIS
    http://files.filefront.com/Datazip/;9961034;/filei
    into your root BLTW directory after installing BLTW, Patch01 and the Yomi-fix.
    No more monk-related crashes.
    Have fun,
    Rinsui
    P.S.:If just the rest of the work would be as easy...
    P.S.2:If any of the download links doesn't work, just mail me.
    Last edited by Rinsui; 04-06-2008 at 18:13.
    Rinsui

I would hardly call the news that the monk bug has been fixed a disappointment. That's fantastic news!

I just wish I had known about it sooner. Where was it posted?

It was not posted in these forums at all.
    Moros and me, we were working together for a while in a special forum dedicated solely to BLTW. I found a solution to the monk bug about 6 month ago.^^/
    Sorry for not making it public, it is part of a very much larger overhaul.
    Rinsui

No need to apologize. I'm just glad to have it now.

Best of luck on your continued overhaul.

So monks will be playable? And is this mod coming back to life?!?! cause I am really enjoying it, too bad the units die just so fast ><, the combat is too much like vanilla ><

Quote Originally Posted by DaCrAzYmOfO
    So monks will be playable? And is this mod coming back to life?!?! cause I am really enjoying it, too bad the units die just so fast ><, the combat is too much like vanilla ><
    yes, yes, and has been changed.