Thread: Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP scene.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP scene.

(NB: This will be a collaboration. This is not my idea, but Elmo's. He is yet to start, so I thought I would get the ball rolling.)

Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP community.

The multiplayer scene is a scary one to a new player. People curse, use slang and spam. What do they mean?

Well despair no more! This is your one stop to ettiquette!

Sections:

1. Behaviour in the chat lobby
    2. Slang used in the chat lobby
    3. Behaviour in-game
    4. Slang used in-game

1. Behaviour in the chat lobby

The chat lobby. A dreadful place sometimes. A dreary place that you sit in while waiting for a game to start. What is good behaviour for the lobby? What will keep people from spamming hate messages at you.

1. Think about what you post.

Racist comments are just going to draw hate at you. As are hate messages at someone. If you plan each post, people will continue to chat normally to you. If you spam and/or make bad/racisit comments, people will respond to them, often in a bad way. If you feel you are getting in over your head, stop posting, or leave the chat room, either by logging off, or start the process of hosting a game. Waiting a few minutes can really help, as the worst of spammers will quickly forget about you, allowing to ease yourself back into the chatroom without notice.

If you feel that the chat is to scary to be involved in, just ignore it completely.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This post will be constantly updated with submissions from members. Post your own parts (they will be quoted for notation of author), correct spelling and/or formatting and post your views on what should change. Please format and bold your new sections etc.

Mods: Please do not edit the top post yourselves, I dont want to miss stuff.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 03-07-2007 at 01:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Default Re: Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP sce

Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 02-26-2007 at 23:27.

Member Member Boyar Karhunkynsi's Avatar

Default Re: Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP sce

Too bad you can't spell racist. Could confuse people into thinkin' you're talkin' 'bout somethin' else.

Yep...
    Beer and viking helmets for all!
    "Our ancestors took this land. They took it and made it and held it. We do not give up what out ancestors gave us. They came across the sea and they fought here and they built here and they're buried here. This is our land mixed with our blood, strengthened with our bone. Ours."

M2TW is too easy; even on VH/VH.
    New Zealand Heathen Pride!
    Blacklodge Brutal

Default Re: Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP scene.

Elmo? The El Marko of Fear?

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Default Re: Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP scene.

yup

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAnn
    Elmo? The El Marko of Fear?

Annie
    Indeed. This was written back in the time where myself and Elmo had a vision for these forums. He drifted off, and this is the first time i have come back since a few weeks after writing this.

Dear Elmo, we love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

It never took off. Nobody seemed interested.
    Just an old topic resurrected.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Elmo is alive and well, serving on the High Council of the Hunter Clan (who are like wise alive and well, I might add ).

Should there be something about forum etiquette also?

At Clan Wars we have posted a strict rules for our new contests that require all participating Clans to monitor and police themselves.

During the course of the above event, Clans will be held responsible for the behavior of all of their members, community wide.

Dishonorable or otherwise disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated for any reason, and will cost that Clan their right to participate in this competition.
    This is no joke!

We have had enough of the spoilers

P.S. Annie, are you playing any Total War games these days?
    Oddly enough, I sometimes sence your presence in games. It is very strange. Probably just my imagination, right?
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-10-2007 at 04:11.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan
    It never took off. Nobody seemed interested.
    Just an old topic resurrected.
    sounds like mp since rome...

Tomi: I have not been online for quite a while, even I had M2TW and have also M2TW/K.

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

keep up the good work, we need a better atmosphere online as it should be freindly for young and old alike to enjoy.

hate to have children or little brother look over your shoulder and see obscenities.

how do you join the hunters?
    sounds like a good clan. ;)
    Last edited by pike master; 11-10-2007 at 19:06.