Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preview #1 - Early Models

Default Re: Preview #1 - Early Models

Maybe we need another preview thread

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

The mods can do that.Unfortunatelly both mods are offline right now.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

What do you think about the Skins?

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    What do you think about the Skins?
    Those skins are good.I think new animations should make the mod a little better.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Welcome back, Andres the Cunning.

AndresTheCunning?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

your Potrait

Shots by Vuk

Skinned By me.

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

those look great! You should try to darken them a little, though. They look a bit shiny

Texture Artist Extrodinare Member richyg13's Avatar

hey guys,
    I apoligize for my sudden absence... i should explain ...
    1) had major computer issues and lost alot of work
    2) had lots of uni work to complete
    3) lost the forum addy for the private forum lol :)
    4) had a larger more carear forwarding project come available to work on

I dont know if any of you guys have the models i did before because im fairly sure ive lost everything. I cant seem to find anything backed up at current but maybe they're hiding.
    I'll have a better more extensive look to help you guys out if you dont have any of my stuff.

... on an extra note your stuff is looking good! im glad you've made some major progress.
    If i get any more chance to help you I will.

regards,
    Richy
    2D & 3D Games Artist
    - http://richyg13.deviantart.com

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

WOW you're back!!!!

Yay! Richy's back!

Hi lol. Long time no see. Things are pretty cool. Look, we have a great modeler, Meleritios, Filibusteria and I became skinners, and well that it mainly. I think that your models did not work.You could make the Diguita.

I don't think he is working on this anymore.... he said if he found time he would help. So we shouldn't be dependant.

RM3

Good luck with your career Richy. Don't forget us little people, and where you came from. the TW community.

Such a passionate response hehe.
    Yeh i cant "work for you" as such simply because i dont have the time, i mean summer is coming, which gives me more time but alot of that will be spent getting the content for this new mod ready for when Crysis comes out.

Speaking to this guy from uni the other day he was saying that a good forwarding selling point as an artist is to make something with tiny polys look amazing and doing a few things for you guys may help in that region.
    I mean we're talking 500 polys here, my other project is triple to 4 times that count excluding the weapons simply because the unit count is lower.

On a side note i found the models i did for this mod, in .CAS format mind you meaning i'd need to extract them again and try to fix those old bugs. However, thats asuming you need them now...
    It looks like you've got a good 3D artist in meliritos and those skins are looking good.
    All the same, I'm happy to give a helping hand in most fields now... I'm actually doing a Games Design Degree so i know a little about what you need to make a game succesful, even though its a niche genre few know about.

I'll keep in touch to see how things are, I'm online alot at the moment through various reasons so I can check between working... not that its doing my physique any good, having to do a fitness regime every night just to keep the missus happy lol.

anyway, I'll check back soon!
    2D & 3D Games Artist

Quote Originally Posted by richyg13
    Such a passionate response hehe.
    Yeh i cant "work for you" as such simply because i dont have the time, i mean summer is coming, which gives me more time but alot of that will be spent getting the content for this new mod ready for when Crysis comes out.

Speaking to this guy from uni the other day he was saying that a good forwarding selling point as an artist is to make something with tiny polys look amazing and doing a few things for you guys may help in that region.
    I mean we're talking 500 polys here, my other project is triple to 4 times that count excluding the weapons simply because the unit count is lower.

On a side note i found the models i did for this mod, in .CAS format mind you meaning i'd need to extract them again and try to fix those old bugs. However, thats asuming you need them now...
    It looks like you've got a good 3D artist in meliritos and those skins are looking good.
    All the same, I'm happy to give a helping hand in most fields now... I'm actually doing a Games Design Degree so i know a little about what you need to make a game succesful, even though its a niche genre few know about.

I'll keep in touch to see how things are, I'm online alot at the moment through various reasons so I can check between working... not that its doing my physique any good, having to do a fitness regime every night just to keep the missus happy lol.

anyway, I'll check back soon!

lol, Welcome back Richy! Good to see that you can help. Good luck with your degree. I will check you site out now ;).
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Good Luck there.

My deviantart page needs new content :P just aint got around to finishing alot my better stuff yet to do any decent renders of them so alot of the content is quite old.

Ya, thanks for the support... im in the 2nd year... guess i never told you guys that :P
    I'm finished for the year come a month from now :D so time on my hands to go play again yay!
    2D & 3D Games Artist

Nice to hear from you richy, the mod will need all the help we can get. Back to the subject, the diaguita are finished, i will correct some issues with the Inca and the Mapuche and we will move forward with the chimu

*Gasp* The two modelers meet each other.... Cool
    Who will make the Diguita? I'll make them if your ok with it.

I talked to Vuk he can skin them he said, but you can have a shot on them. I will be starting the Chimu this week but first we have to talk about the references Murfios. I will contact you through our forum

Maybe Richy can do some buildings...?

Yeh I'll do some buildings as soon as i finish uni... its only like a few weeks left... my last assignment i think is may 18th. I'll progressivly become more avialable as that draws in and the deadlines kick in meaning im done with more and more work.

Collect some references ready for me!
    2D & 3D Games Artist

That will be a relief. If we collaborate we will definitely make this mod. Have you checked the work that has be done to the Inca proboards forum, Richy?

Quote Originally Posted by richyg13
    Yeh I'll do some buildings as soon as i finish uni... its only like a few weeks left... my last assignment i think is may 18th. I'll progressivly become more avialable as that draws in and the deadlines kick in meaning im done with more and more work.

Collect some references ready for me!
    Now I am at school,but I will find the references for you.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Here is the Diaguita faction preview #1!

All the units but one are completed for the Diaguita faction, and it will be done soon. Don't know why, but for some reason I decided to post a preview now instead of waiting till I finish the last unit. :P

We'll start of with the basic peasant clubman. :P

When I took the shots of the other models, I just used this guy and put them over him, so some of them with be holding their primary and secondary weapons at the same time, and other only their secondary. :P It may look just a bit strange because of that. ;)

Next, a levy slinger! Notice that he is holding his solid sling like a club. :P A pure touch of genius!

Levy archer...

Followed by basic macemen...

and basic Spearmen.

Next come the Diaguita Nobles. The wealthy class of the Diaguita who could afford better arms, finer cloth, and more effective armor.

First the lesser nobles. Note that they are holding their three javelins and one mace all at the same time. :P

Next, the greater nobles. Note the improvement in their clothes and armour.

Finally, the noble archer. Just the same as the greater noble, but with a bow. :D

I do not specialize in the history and culture of Meso-American Indians, and do not know the real names for any of these units, but their the names that I am using. :D If you want historical accuracy, talk to Murf of Fil. :D

Hope you enjoy!

Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

And finally, the ever-so-sexy Diaguita general!

This last skin is not final, but I thought that I'd post it so I could see your comments. :P

Vuk

Great!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Hello all,

In the Inca mod, when we set out, we decided that one of our key words would be "accuracy". Accuracy in every aspect. Accuracy in the presentation of the historical facts. Accuracy in the geographical represenation of South and Meso America with a map that is close to the real thing. And to help bring you that realistic feeling, we had vowed to keep our units as accurate as possible, not only to historical facts but also to physical appearance.
    Keeping this in mind we are modelling our units with significant innovations and differentiations from other RTW mods and the original vanilla game. There are two characteristic differences between our units and those from the vanilla RTW game and most of the mods, which we believe add to the realistic feeling of our mod.
    The first one is the fist of our units. Unlike those of RTW vanilla game, our units have their thumb apart from the other fingers, so the hand forms a realistic fist when it grabs weapons.

this is a render demonstrating the "thumb apart" detail we introduced to our mod

This detail though, we have seen to another mod so we dont claim the pioneering rights. But for our next detail we claim to be the first to model such a thing, as far as we have seen in other mods (if not please correct us). And this "thing" is an ear. Unlike vanilla RTW game, we decided to model ears to our units, to the bald headed that is because those with hair have their ears covered with it, and thus bringing our models much closer to life and reality.

A detail from the merc Olmec Infantry unit demonstrating its ear

The innovative spirit never sleeps here in the INCA TW mod. Be prepaired for more surprises in the future

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Wow,

that looks really good.

Thinking about it it might be worth doing that to my mod

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast