Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: City Mod

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: City Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea69
    Hello Marcus
    Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea69
    Do you know Metropolis & Naval Mod for RTR? Here you could find some new elements to integrate in your mod.
    I mean, for example, a multi-mines system with mines differentiation (copper, gold, silver, iron with different bonuses to each one: copper mines give for example light tax bonus, iron mines give armour bonus which i like a lot). I think it's something that could be definitely done in EB since there is a plenty of mines all over the map except for Italy and few other regions.
    Moreover how about a sort of maritime economy system, alternative to the land based economy? From M&N Mod you can easily find the way this approach has been implemented.
    Well, multiple mines would require the use of additional building tiers and EB has a definate shortage of available building slots. Though, I suppose you could make a single branching complex for mines with one simple first level and then different ones depending on what is in the region. Though there would then only be one mine in the region. (If gold and copper exsisting in one place, you would have to make either a gold mine or a copper mine. One building tier allows for only one building.)
    I'm not sure what you mean about naval economy. I haven't played the Metropolis mod (well for about three minutes back in my RTR days, but I didn't like where the cutoffs were set and uninstalled it), so I'm sure about its details. Maybe I should take a closer look at the newest version, though I definately don't seek to recreate it for EB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    Actually I've been running it in BI and I've encountered no problems or oddities...aside from the Hayasadan CTD...but thats well known.
    That's what I mean. That mod works with BI and not RTW. Currently this mod works with both.

Well, I'm off (on vacation) for the next week or two, so I won't be able to update this at all soon. I'll look at Watchman's mod when I get back. And hopefully make a new version with Kull's improved EDB fix (plus some fixes, adjustments, and traits).
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 03-22-2007 at 04:53.

Ok, I made a new version (1.1).
    New stuff includes:
    Improved CTD fix
    Saba & Hai health (credit to Watchman for the idea)

Member Member Domitius Ulpianus's Avatar

If I understand crrectly, this means you can run both Watchman's mod and this one and they will both work? I mean if you have BI....because Watchman's is BI only....anybody? pleaaaase.
    «Iustitia est constans et perpetua voluntas ius suum cuique tribuendi. Iuris praecepta sunt haec: honeste vivere alterum non laedere, suum cuique tribuere.»

Re-writing history, one turn at a time, with:

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Not really, far as I can tell. Install the two in the same folder and files will get overwritten. The real gist of my mod's the export_descr_units.txt though whereas - if I've understood correctly - Marcus' is export_descr_buildings.txt, so for example manually replacing the EDU in an installed CityMod with my version should work.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Just a passing thought. Some of these cities didn't get huge in real life because the people that lived there never conquered the world. But if, say, the Baktrians did conquer the world, wouldn't zillions of people be flocking to the Baktrian capital?

Perhaps you can make it so that a faction's capital can become larger than other cities in the region.

This is a good mod to have!

But shees does RTR have a mod for everything? they must have 100 team members.

Hip! Hip! EB! Hip! Hip! EB! Member Swebozbozboz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep
    Just a passing thought. Some of these cities didn't get huge in real life because the people that lived there never conquered the world. But if, say, the Baktrians did conquer the world, wouldn't zillions of people be flocking to the Baktrian capital?

Perhaps you can make it so that a faction's capital can become larger than other cities in the region.

Ya i totally agree, because the Romans did so well there cities became large. If a Greek Faction or maybe even Pontus or another did become the dominant power, they would have huge cities...

Quote Originally Posted by Domitius Ulpianus
    If I understand crrectly, this means you can run both Watchman's mod and this one and they will both work? I mean if you have BI....because Watchman's is BI only....anybody? pleaaaase.
    I believe installing Watchman's mod first and the city mod second would work, there should be no problems. The couple of changes to the EDB made in Watchman's mod would be lost, but some are included in the city mod anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep

I did make some cities larger than I personally wanted because they were capitals and so as not to deminish the chances for people who expand with guys like the 'barbarians'.

I wish I could make a faction specific system. But since the 'or' command is bugged that is impossible...

I did it!
    The first time I've ever made a script and it worked! I managed to make a dynamic trigger for the Celtic Reforms. For the next version of my mod the Celtic Reforms will be triggered if you (as Gaul) unifies Gaul after 260BC:

The second one occures when you reach you faction victory conditions. (I haven't tested that one and I foresee errors.)

I've also fixed a couple errors and changed some traits. (Including work on the "Imperator" trait.)

Does anyone have anything they would like to see in this mod? Anything added? Anything taken away? Anything altered (especially what city gets what level)? Anyone try it and hate it? Anyone have any crashes?

P.S. I believe there is work on the Celtic Reforms for the next official release of EB. The official dynamic reforms will make historical sense, unlike my triggers.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 04-07-2007 at 23:49.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Can the Casse get the same when they unify Britain and also conquer the Belgae perhaps (their type 1 govt. areas)?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    Can the Casse get the same when they unify Britain and also conquer the Belgae perhaps (their type 1 govt. areas)?
    Oh, yeah. I currently have it set so that Casse will trigger the reforms if they take all of the British Isles.

Excellent mod, I can see this becoming big. Can you alter the money scripts so that monsters like the seleucids don't get pumped full of money and steamroll everyone, and so that smaller factions like pahlav or pontos receive more money and can actually expand.

Technically, could you not install both without losing Watchman's stuff by merely clicking "No" when it asks you if you would like to replace the export_descr_buildings.txt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
    Technically, could you not install both without losing Watchman's stuff by merely clicking "No" when it asks you if you would like to replace the export_descr_buildings.txt?
    No, because then Marcus's edb wouldn't be installed. The only possible way to do it would be to use a program like winmerge to merge the two files together.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

It's not like my version of the EDB had too much stuff Marcus' didn't, after he added the Hai and Saba health buildings. Just two added lines to slightly tweak the recruitement of the Hai cataphracts, far as I know.

My mod's mostly about the EDU anyway.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I can vouche for that watchman. I have the city mod, first cohort and just drag and dropped watchman's EDU over the city mod one and it works like a dream. No CTDs and I'm running it over BI odviously so the benifits have made an awesome campaign sofar. /cheers
    Last edited by Wolfshart; 04-10-2007 at 21:08.
    Slainte!!

I believe that the EDB is the only thing that conflicts. If you make sure that the city mod EDB is the one being used, there should be zero conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass
    Excellent mod, I can see this becoming big. Can you alter the money scripts so that monsters like the seleucids don't get pumped full of money and steamroll everyone, and so that smaller factions like pahlav or pontos receive more money and can actually expand.
    I hadn't thought of that. Someone was testing a complicated version of that and then disappeared. I might test something and see if I like it...next time I have time.

That would rock! I was wondering why the seleucids were expanding so rapidly and effectively.
    Slainte!!

EB Getai player Member MoROmeTe's Avatar
    Campina, Romania, currently stationed in Bucharest, Romania

MAA, why don't you make all capitals basically able to grow to whatever size they want and put cap on the other cities? This way the player has a place to recruit all he wants and the other cities are capped and manageable...
    For my name is Legion...

I really wish that the dagnabid "or" command would work. It would be awesome to make it so that ever different faction had different cities that could grow to different sizes. I tried to arrange the sizes of cities so that most factions would have some big cities available to them (even if they don't start with them), but at the same time keeping the amount of huge cities to a minimum (I wouldn't feel right if there were four or five huge cities in Greece alone). What cities are you thinking about, specifically, MoROmeTe?

BTW, I was planning on updating this a while back, but have stalled. For a couple reasons: (1) I wanted to see how Sheep's tests went with the money script, (2) I've been busy with non-RTW stuff, and (3) I've been feeling real lazy recently and haven't been testing the stuff I need to.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

MAA, I believe you are a member of the EB team, so are there any plans to include the features in your mini-mod in the next build, maybe balanced to be both realistic and fairly balanced for all factions except like steppe nomads who are kind of hard to simulate given the limits of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    MAA, I believe you are a member of the EB team, so are there any plans to include the features in your mini-mod in the next build, maybe balanced to be both realistic and fairly balanced for all factions except like steppe nomads who are kind of hard to simulate given the limits of the engine.
    There is a continuous effort to manage population growth. Also reworks of farms and villas are in the future. Most of the rework work of exsisting stuff of all kinds has been put off while new stuff is added (though the rework of Parthia is well under way).

I've seen mention in limiting town size, but most people wish to leave potential sizes of cities open so that you can "remake history in your own image".

Some of the Parthian changes will alter and help nomads, IIRC.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Very nice, your mod seems to even out things a bit. Huge cities north of the Alps were a bit strange... I just started a new Romani campaign yesterday and while playing, a thought occurred to me:

If I got everything right then the only italic city able to reach "huge" status is Rome, right?
    But that would make the vanilla reforms impossible AFAIK, since they only trigger when an italic city except Rome builds an imperial palace. So as long as Capua (always reaches "huge" first) is denied "huge" status there won't be the vanilla reforms event, thus no new ships for Rome and no new units for other factions. In case it's not hardcoded, one could remove the exception for Rome as a trigger city?

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm
    Very nice, your mod seems to even out things a bit. Huge cities north of the Alps were a bit strange... I just started a new Romani campaign yesterday and while playing, a thought occurred to me:

If I got everything right then the only italic city able to reach "huge" status is Rome, right?
    But that would make the vanilla reforms impossible AFAIK, since they only trigger when an italic city except Rome builds an imperial palace. So as long as Capua (always reaches "huge" first) is denied "huge" status there won't be the vanilla reforms event, thus no new ships for Rome and no new units for other factions. In case it's not hardcoded, one could remove the exception for Rome as a trigger city?
    The hardcoded city of "Rome" is actually the city on the island in the Baltic (with a different external name). I think the requirement is for a city with the "Italy" hidden resource to get to be a huge city. I don't remember which ones still have that HR. I was thinking of moving those to other places since the vanilla Marian reform is the only thing that they effect.

Anyways, the requirements for the vanilla Marian Reform are hardcoded and cannot be changed by mods. This is one reason that EB is implimenting all of their own reforms.

So you simply moved Rome. I see, thanks.

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

In my campaign ive noticed Roma cannot become a huge city, im at 259 b.c. so i dunno if u somehow put some sort of year req.
    also im getting some major squalor going on in roma and other cities in italy that have reached their max. (city, or the one above it.)

I just checked the files in the zip, Rome should have the ability to become huge at 24,000 population.

Population growth problems is one of the things I'm working on. Try to make sure that the governor you have in trouble city doesn't cause too much pop growth.

Is your mod compatible with the money script mod also on this sub-forum? Or is the Ebbs script changed?

EDIT: The first cohorsts mod from cunctator is already integrated into your own right? Thanks.
    Last edited by Dan_Grr; 04-23-2007 at 13:22.

There are no changes to the EB script, so it is compatible with the money changes. I was planning script changes, but have stalled. For one reason, I wanted to see how the money script thing worked out and whether to include it in the next version.

Hi,
    I have a problem: When Rome completed its imperial palace it did not trigger the Wheel of Time thing. Capua just passed it's 24.000 mark and is unable to build the imperial palace. All the other italic cities are unable to build it I suppose. So, I won't have the Wheel of Time at all.
    What can I do? Could you give me a clue how to take the restriction on Capua away please?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast