Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: City Mod

Default Re: City Mod

Many thanks MarcusAureliusAntoninus, I can't wait for 1.1 upgrade, it really improves the EB experience for me. But surely you don't need to sleep or eat, just get converting man!!!
    Yabusama's Ghost, I praise you! You are my rock! You prepared my hands for ALX.exe. You taught my fingers to mod.
    The Bible: Psalm 144
    By SunShadow

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Hmmm...
    I'm having problems here. The trivial script keeps overwriting my map.rwm and I can't even generate a new map.rwm to replace the one that the script is using to replace things with...

I can try bypass the script, but anyone who downloads this mod wouldn't be able to ever get it to work while using the trivial script...
    EDIT: No wait, I think I have an idea, but my brain hurts right now. I'll try tommorrow...
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 04-11-2008 at 06:28.

I don't use the Trivial Script to play the game, rather a desktop shortcut (aswell as allowing me to use the Alex.exe to play as well).

Does this script cause big problems?
    Yabusama's Ghost, I praise you! You are my rock! You prepared my hands for ALX.exe. You taught my fingers to mod.
    The Bible: Psalm 144
    By SunShadow

New version added, compatible with v1.1.

I fixed the problem with the trivial script overwritting the map.rwm by saving over the file that the script overwrites with.

hi.
    here is belliger, new forum member.
    you wrote 'New version added, compatible with v1.1.'.

where can i find it?

can't wait....
    thank you
    belliger
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)

First post in the thread has the download link.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Excellent mod, MarcusAureliusAntoninus! There is one issue though, you see I am using both your mod and the new unitsize fix which both alter the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT. I wonder if there was any possibility you could apply the changes of your mod using the ''fixed'' text, or point out how I could do it myself, given that won't be a very hard thing to do. Thank you in advance!!!
    ~Maion

I hate to ask this question, but I must for there is no other option...

Is this save game compatible?

I looked through all the pages of the thread looking for "compatible" in the search bar and it was asked once and answered with..... "probably"... I'm just wondering if that's been figured out or confirmed in any way since way back then.

If not, ah, well I guess the savages of the world will be able to build huge cities even before Rome does because of money scripts and population scripts and so on and so forth... they'll be making life much tougher on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine
    Excellent mod, MarcusAureliusAntoninus! There is one issue though, you see I am using both your mod and the new unitsize fix which both alter the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT. I wonder if there was any possibility you could apply the changes of your mod using the ''fixed'' text, or point out how I could do it myself, given that won't be a very hard thing to do. Thank you in advance!!!
    I only made tiny changes to the campaign script. You can save the fix over this minimod without having any problems nor loss of any critical changes. I'll try to update a new version with the altered campaign_script.txt, but I wanted to wait until I was sure there would be no further changes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    I hate to ask this question, but I must for there is no other option...

Is this save game compatible?

I looked through all the pages of the thread looking for "compatible" in the search bar and it was asked once and answered with..... "probably"... I'm just wondering if that's been figured out or confirmed in any way since way back then.

If not, ah, well I guess the savages of the world will be able to build huge cities even before Rome does because of money scripts and population scripts and so on and so forth... they'll be making life much tougher on me...
    The answer is still "probably".
    It should work fine, but if you are making the change late in a campaign, some cities may have already advanced beyond their limit and will be bigger than I set them to be. But I don't see how it could cause any problems.

I would advise against using version "b" mid-campaign though. There is a small chance that will cause problems when loading a saved game, even though it will load a saved game.

Ah, perfect! I'm 10 years in so it shouldn't be a problem as far as already having huge cities around... though I guess there might be roads where there shouldn't be as a result of the mod.

However, now I'm a little worried as I just realized I probably can't install the mod as-is because of what Vincent mentioned, the unit size fix business. So with that in mind, I have a small favor to ask of you. Seeing as how the changes made to the campaign script are tiny, do you think you could let me know what they are so I can just implement it that way? Because I'm not sure what will happen if I put in the fixed version in an ongoing campaign, as it's not retroactive.

The campaign_script.txt is only read once, when you start a new campaign. It is never referenced again during the campaign. You can change it all you want without any problems, heck, you could delete the file and there would be no changes to your savegame.

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

Has the topic of ancient demography, as in the nature and rate of population increase and decline, been much discussed within the form? I can't remember seeing a single tread with a title that would suggest it had in any detail?
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

So, if I already have the unit size fix, and I overwrite it with this mod, I'll get the functionality of the mod without reverting the unit size fix?

But, if it only applies when starting a new campaign, how can it worked with an ongoing one?

Quote Originally Posted by cmacq
    Has the topic of ancient demography, as in the nature and rate of population increase and decline, been much discussed within the form? I can't remember seeing a single tread with a title that would suggest it had in any detail?
    I don't recall any in depth discussion about population growth from a historical standpoint, but from a gameplay standpoint there isn't much that can be changed. The growth in RTW is largely hardcoded, and often tied to other things (like farming income ), so there isn't much choice when using the RTW engine but to have a constant population growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    So, if I already have the unit size fix, and I overwrite it with this mod, I'll get the functionality of the mod without reverting the unit size fix?

But, if it only applies when starting a new campaign, how can it worked with an ongoing one?
    If you'd like, install this minimod, of which most of it will apply to your ongoing game. Then install the fix again on top of this minimod. That way, when you do start a new campaign you'll get 99% of this minimod, plus the fix.

Well, the campaign_script part won't apply mid-campaign. The only thing I changed was the starting road levels in some towns anyways.

Thanks very much, I'll do just that.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    I only made tiny changes to the campaign script. You can save the fix over this minimod without having any problems nor loss of any critical changes. I'll try to update a new version with the altered campaign_script.txt, but I wanted to wait until I was sure there would be no further changes...
    Thank you so much MarcusAureliusAntoninus! I think I'll start my Mak campaign then finally:p
    P.S.: I think they fixed everything in the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT txt, btw
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 04-20-2008 at 13:07.
    ~Maion

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I hope Maryab is still a city level...hehe
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Hello i was interested in your mod but was mainly looking for the effects of
    -Law bonuses for the Academy structures
    -Removal or reduction of some growth bonuses on buildings
    If i only use your export_descr_buildings file would this add these effects without removing roads and restricting city sizes or should i just edit my export_descr_buildings useing yours as a guide to achieve that.

Thanks appreciate any help

I just added 5% bonus ever level for the academic structures. The growth reduction was replacement in part or entirely of population growth and health bonuses on most buildings that didn't have to have them.

I only restricted roads in the steppes and deserts, but that effect is in the descr_regions.txt. If you want to only have the building bonus effects without city restrictions, though, it would probably be best to self edit...

Thanks for the reply mainly just wanted the bonus's for academy building as otherwise i never build them except for my one city and the ai never does. It was easy enough looking at what you did.

How does the City Mod combine with Alexander? Does the game still balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan DarklyCute
    How does the City Mod combine with Alexander? Does the game still balanced?

I don't think alx.exe changes anything in this area, so I would amagine nothing is different...

i was wondering how can you tell if someone else had the city mod appilied, because i downloaded a saved game and i was wondering wheter or not if there was a way to tell, because his roamn cities were pretty packed, Roma had 18000 and a minor city, taras had 15000 so i just wanted to know if there was a way of telling....
    "If there's no football in heaven...im not going..."

If you don't have it and you are using a savegame from someone who did, there really isn't any way to tell. If there are lots of large and huge cities around (especially for the AI) then they didn't have it. If there aren't, its hard to say. Since Roma can become huge in this minimod, having Roma small but with a lot of people doesn't really tell you anything.

well i downloaded it for my game but if i was to use a savegame from someone else how can i tell?
    "If there's no football in heaven...im not going..."

There really isn't any way to tell.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

is this save game compatible?
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3||
    is this save game compatible?
    For the most part. It shouldn't cause any problems.

what do you mean by most time?
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

which files did you changed? so I can do it manually

cause I would like (enourmously) to be able to use this whit alex.exe whitout having to overwrite any file

Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast