Thread: Rebelion

Default Rebelion

I am curently playing a Pahlava campain. I tryed to play slowly, advancing at first by bringing the settelments south from me, to rebeling. What suprised me, is that a AS settelment, had order 25% for 4 turns, riots and 3 units as garnison, and still didn't rebel.
    And other setelments as well but whit 65% and riots, but no rebelion.
    Asaak did rebel after 6 turns of riots, and one turn expelled my superior spy whit 7 eyes. Hekatompylos, rebeled just because i brouth there all 3 original spys, together. it's.
    I think that the east Seleuk holdings, should rebel quit easy. But this wasn't the case (2 campains).
    In me 0.8 my settelments rebelet, after one 2 turns having riots, and les than 60%, so how is it possible, for the AI to have a sattelment whit 35% and riots for 6 turns? Or 2 such settelments.

Post Re: Rebelion

Hi Ower,
    I believe that difficulty levels effect AI settlement's rebelling threshold. May I ask what difficulty level you are playing on?
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Rebelion

WH/M, I know that its harder to get them rebel, but 35% for 5 turns riots and still no rebelion? Thats just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    WH/M, I know that its harder to get them rebel, but 35% for 5 turns riots and still no rebelion? Thats just crazy.
    Thats RTW.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Post Re: Rebelion

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Thats RTW
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

O so it's hardcoded. Suspected something like this, but wanted to by sure.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I remember back in vanilla I was trying to get an AI settlement to rebel. Got it to 0% and about ten years later they had weeded out all of my spies and I'd given up. I've never tried it ever again.

Getting provinces to rebel through spies seemed more effective in the original Medieval: Total War, although a few precautions would kill spies in droves. Being a spy in both Rome and the original Medieval is deathly lethal, especially in EB. However, I've been able to use spies to greater effect in Medieval in fomenting rebellions. It was the general overall byzantine strategy that I had for the Byzantines (pun intended), and would actually pay dividends... unless the province already had watchtowers and stuff. But man, infiltrating settlements in Rome often requires an incredibly experienced spy, and even then, he rarely has more than a 65% chance to survive infiltration. So, I usually only rely on my spies to try to open gates and basically send me information. Besides, spies are too darn expensive for me to throw away like I did in Medieval.

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodEmperorLeto View Post
    Getting provinces to rebel through spies seemed more effective in the original Medieval: Total War, although a few precautions would kill spies in droves. Being a spy in both Rome and the original Medieval is deathly lethal, especially in EB. However, I've been able to use spies to greater effect in Medieval in fomenting rebellions. It was the general overall byzantine strategy that I had for the Byzantines (pun intended), and would actually pay dividends... unless the province already had watchtowers and stuff. But man, infiltrating settlements in Rome often requires an incredibly experienced spy, and even then, he rarely has more than a 65% chance to survive infiltration. So, I usually only rely on my spies to try to open gates and basically send me information. Besides, spies are too darn expensive for me to throw away like I did in Medieval.
    How exactly did you effectively get a province to rebel in Medieval 1? In my current campaign I try to dislodge the Irish from Defnas without starting a war as they are allied to practically everyone. But despite sending all spies I had there nothing happens...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot Defnas.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	20207

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Rebelion

Quote Originally Posted by ConjurerDragon View Post
    How exactly did you effectively get a province to rebel in Medieval 1? In my current campaign I try to dislodge the Irish from Defnas without starting a war as they are allied to practically everyone. But despite sending all spies I had there nothing happens...
    Only the spy with the highest subterfuge rating will affect province loyalty in M1:TW. At least, that how I understand it; I've been told it was different in the original, unpatched game.

By the way, this isn't the right forum for asking Medieval 1 questions (particularly not since this thread is more than 10 years old). Maybe start a new thread in the Main Hall?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!