View Poll Results: Vote on the Final Faction for MA!

Voters
117. This poll is closed
  • The Emirate of Sevilla

36 30.77%
  • The Kingdom of Norway

63 53.85%
  • The Principality of Rostov-Suzdal

18 15.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Faction Voting Thread

Default Re: Final Faction Voting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taedius
    The description of Norway at the start of this thread gives you a good idea. It was a kingdom, but quite decentralized. Most people were farmers, but many also traded. Their military was based on levies; the land was divided in small regions, each responcible for equipping a ship with crew in wartime. In addition, the King had a body of professional soldiers called the Hird.

There was no feudalism. Farmers mostly owned their own land, and the 'nobility' consisted of the richest among them. Society was based around the family. A mans influence depended on the family or clan he came from, and his relation to other powerful families.

The judicial system was based on the Ting. This was simply a gatering of all 'free men', where laws were read aloud and issues of common interest was debated. Conflicts were also solved, and the lawmen would issue punishment on offenders, usually fines, but also outlawry.

Hm. Anything else?
    Largely correct, but I disagree with the ''quite decentralized'' statement. As Norway had a relatively weak nobility, the kings powers were quite strong, hence it was one of the more centralized states in Europe*, England developing the most centralized system in western Europe in the medieval period. Other than that good post.

*(as far as royal power was concerned, exception for the civil wars of course, and orders and edicts from the king would travel slowly through the difficult geography of Norway)

Geddi is right. "Decentralized" is the wrong word, the post written in haste. I was thinking about the Tings' position in the legal prosess, I expect. Something toadd to this is that the King didn't sit isolated in a castle (there weren't any), but traveled around continuously.

Kyokushin warrior Member Ultras DVSC's Avatar

Thank you guys for voting, then I can officially announce that on the score of the poll, Kingdom of Norway will be our last playable faction.

Don't be crestfallen if you voted for another candidate, it's not just vacant jazz that the intention belongs to our goals that we would like to build a consistent medieval strategical world and are going to attend to the given areas with equal enthusiasm and exactness let it be the Iberian rolling country, the Northern Russian woodlands or the foregoing Balkan-peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    Now that the last faction is decided will the MA team be releasing a preview on it (or anything for that matter)?
    Sorry, I can't give away our next step yet, but you're right, we are planning something of the sort, I mean the preview.

In the end, I'd like to render thanks to our own helping members as well:

Shifty - for writing the presentation of Sevilla, plus for the organization
    Conn - for researching and writing the presentation of Norway
    Solo - for creating the nice-looking maps, plus for his pieces of advice

That said, the poll is over. Well, without being overly sentimental, i must admit that it's really nice to see that you are interested in our activity in that rate.

I must say I am glad Norway won.

I am not so glad that the discussion in my fave mod has been standing still these last few days !

SO SAY SOMETHING !

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Wrongo
    I must say I am glad Norway won.

I am not so glad that the discussion in my fave mod has been standing still these last few days !

SO SAY SOMETHING !
    Problems behind the scenes El-Wrongo have hit the team hard, we are currently trying to solve them and get back on track.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Well I think "problems behind the scenes" sounds a little serious. The problem is manpower, really. Our team is simply too small, and relies too heavily on the motivation - and modding time - of a few individuals. If that fails, the mod progress will come almost to a grinding halt for some time, which happened a while ago.

democracy sucks, go servilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul
    So many choices! The voting for Parliament in North Korea is more democratic than this one.
    now thats funny
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123