Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to install EB, screenshots provided

Dragon's Fire Member Swiss Halberd Pike Landsknecht's Avatar
    In the keep of my Norman influenced motte-and-bailey as a provincial Daimyō, guarded by my loyal huscarls, Swiss Guard, longbowmen & handgonners.

Default Re: A guide to install EB, screenshots provided

ah OK

thanks for the info

I put the 2 perm fix txt files in the proper directories (it asked if I wanted to overwrite and I said yes)

I haven't got any other mods (this is actually the first Total War mod I've played) but hopefully everything else will be OK

EB really looks great, with a lot of factions and units,

never thought RTW would be the Total War game I'd have with the most addons, (BI, Alexander & EB)

Before any of you starts complaining about it.

I updated the guide!
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

If I'm using a no CD crack for RTW 1.5., EB 1.0 will run in my PC or not? Thanks guys for this release! I'm impacient to play it!

You'll have to ask s.o else with a Crack version. AFAIK no EB member has got one...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hi!

If I want to install the EB and clcik double on the installer it said:The archive is corrupted.Why do this?

You need to download it once more. If you do so by torrent you are guaranteed a valid download.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Member Member Quirinus Kuhlmann's Avatar

Hello everybody,

since a few hours I am unsucessfully trying to install the EB 1.0 with growing desperation. So finally I ask for your help.
    The problem is as follows:
    First I tried to delete all older Versions of EB and RTW from my computer.
    Then I installed a fresh Version of RTW 1.5 and made a copy
    The I downloaded EB 1.0 via Torrent.
    Then I started the installation. The Installation Wizard suggested, that I shold install the game into a folder called "C/.../The creative assembly/EB V.0.81final." (A folder, which does not exist on my computer anymore) By browsing I lead the the Installation to C/../The creative assembly/Rome Total war", where my RTW 1.5 is situated.
    The Installation started, and after about 30 seconds an error message popped up: "An Error occured while trying to read the file C/Windows/Installer/EB081av2.msi"
    Then the installation is cancelled.

I now searched for my computer for older EB Installation, which I eventually forgot to delete. In the "Systemsteuerung" (Control Panel) I found, that the EB 0.81v2a was still listed as a program. I then tried to delete it. But as the deinstaller runs, it all of a sudden stops, because "an error occured while attempting to read the file "C/windows/Installer/EB 081av2.msi"

I searched the computer for a file of this name, but didn't find it.

So, know I don't know what to do anymore. Can you please help me and safe my day?
    Last edited by Quirinus Kuhlmann; 10-14-2007 at 15:29.

You could search your registry for that filename. Run regedit, press Ctrl-F and type in 081av2. Delete all occurences, and possibly the folders they reside in. Then try once more to install EB.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thank you very much for the quick answer, Bovi!
    I tried that and found some particles, which I deleted. Then I tried to install again, but now my EB-Exe from the Torrent was corrupted, just like another one, which I downloded from filefront before. Both of them were not corrupted before, so I think, maybe the particles, which I deleted in the registery, were situated inside these files.
    Downloaded again and same problem occures. New File is not currupted, but the installation crashs because of EB081av2.msi. Also, still EB 0.81 resists being deleted.
    I think I'll give up for the day and try again tomorrow with fresh powers.
    Thanks again for trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus Kuhlmann
    Thank you very much for the quick answer, Bovi!
    I tried that and found some particles, which I deleted. Then I tried to install again, but now my EB-Exe from the Torrent was corrupted, just like another one, which I downloded from filefront before. Both of them were not corrupted before, so I think, maybe the particles, which I deleted in the registery, were situated inside these files.
    Downloaded again and same problem occures. New File is not currupted, but the installation crashs because of EB081av2.msi. Also, still EB 0.81 resists being deleted.
    I think I'll give up for the day and try again tomorrow with fresh powers.
    Thanks again for trying to help.
    Hallo Qurinius, du kannst die setupdatei auch mit einem zip program 7-zip entpacken, dann entfällt das registry problem.

edit:

found the dl link for it
    http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_13004776.html

Hey Bonny,

you're a real Hero for me. Unpacked the file with 7zip into the right directory, added -mod:EB -nm -show_err to the exe-zielordner and game works fine!

Vielen, vielen Dank!!!!

Hey, never knew that "Target" was translated with "Zielordner" in Computers? I knew about "Ziel" meaning "Target/Aim" though...
    - Tellos Athenaios

..."Target" was translated with "Zielordner" ...I knew about "Ziel" meaning "Target/Aim"
    and folder = Ordner (the germans like to put words together to get detailed specifications )
    So you could translate "Zielordner" to "target-folder".

Schlafwagenintercitykartenkontrolleur
    sleeping-wagon-interrail-ticket-kontroller

Member Member Centurion Crastinus's Avatar

When installing, and I am supposed to be looking for my rtw 1.5 patch I can't seem to find it. I am fairly computer illiterate, so the more the explanation is dumbed down the better.

================
    ================

I was a little vague with my past post. My question was that when intalling EB 1.0, the help guide says to make sure you download EB 1.0 into the address where the 1.5 patch is located. I have downloaded the 1.5 patch already and I can't find its address during the game installation. Someone please help.

It's not to download EB there, you need to install EB there. You can download it to wherever you like.

You've got a shortcut to start vanilla Rome, right? Right-click that and select properties. There are a couple of fields here, the one you want is called Start in. That's where your RTW is installed. Copy that and paste into the EB installer when it asks you.

================
    ================

Thanks

Hopefully this is what you are talking about. Is this it?
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

Looks like it . Remember to take a backup copy of your vanilla 1.5 RTW though. You may want to install other mods sometime.

================
    ================

Hi, I recently installed EB, followed the instructions precisely, and have managed to get it to load up to the main menu screen. My problem is that the game crashes to desktop when I try to start a new campaign after picking out all the options. I've looked all over this thread for possible answers and my suspicions were realised by Step 7 in the install guide and a later post about No CD file usage.

My problem is that I have an external DVD drive. When I try to run the game, it tells me that I have some sort of emulation programs installed (referring to my DVD drive) and that I should disable/uninstall them before playing. As a result, I'm forced to use a No CD file to play R:TW and all it's expansions (not like I'm stealing the game, I bought Total War: Eras fair and square).

Is there anything I can do about this issue that doesn't involve buying a fresh copy of R:TW (which would be a waste of money) but that involves me playing EB?

Please create your own help thread.

================
    ================

Sorry, thank you.

Member Member Incontineta Buttox's Avatar

Ok.

Please bear with me as I am totally computer illiterate. But how do I make a copy of vanilla RTW 1.5?
    He's got a wife you know. Do you know what she's called?

Please create your own help thread.

================
    ================

Hey, this is probably a dumb question but i'm not too computer-savvy and I need some help. So I've tried to install this mod a few times and after I do, whenever I click on the newly formed EB.10 icon, a box shows up with a flashlight and tells me that it cannot find RomeTW.exe. Then if I browse and and click on the Rome TW icon that is in this folder, Rome TW just overwrites EB or something, and it launches regular Rome TW. I'm guessing that this is because i'm not installing the game into the correct folder. I've tried a number of different times in different folders, and have read the insructions on this forum, but I'm terrible with computers and just don't understand. Can someone give me easy-to-follow instructions for creating an appropriate folder and intalling EB into it, so I can finally play this game? Thanks.

Look at the two previous guys who asked in this thread. What were they told to do?

================
    ================

Shall we make a bit of statistics of FA Install Q ? I mean, yeah here we go again:

it can't find your RTW => it is installed to the wrong location. There hasn't been a single exception to this rule in all of this thread - and all of this forum too. Perhaps we should call that the Law of Location.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Hi..

this is my first post in the forum. I have been playing EB v.082 for three months now and very much enjoying it. Everything went fine until tonight I checked this forum and it says that a newer EB v 1.0 is already out (yeah I know... I am very late to aware that... couldnt believe how I let that happened

So I now Im ready to install EB v 1.0. Already downloaded it, took me 4 hours but I guess it'll worth

My question is: Since I installed EB v 0.82 in a copied folder of vanilla RTW (Gold Edition, patched to 1.5), can I just do the following steps in order to install EB v 1.0?

1. Uninstall current EB v.0.82

2. Delete whole copied folder of vanilla RTW which previously contained EB 0.82 (FYI I named that folder C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - EB)

3. Make a copy of the original folder of vanilla RTW again (I never do anything to the original RTW installation folder - it is absolutely a clean installation), this time it will be named C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - EBv10

4. Instal EB v 1.0 to that newly copied folder (i.e C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - EBv10)

Basically that is 4 steps that Im planning to do? So I will not unistall RTW and then reinstall it again, just unistall current EB v 082, make another copy of clean vanilla RTW from the original RTW that I still keep, and then install EB v 1.0 to that copied folder. Could somebody help me to know whether that plan would work or not, especially the part that I do not want to unistall and reinstall vanilla RTW again?

BTW, I am still in step 1 now. I am uninstalling EB v 082 from the Control Panel, and it has almost been 45 minutes until now and it is still "Gathering required information" (there is a progress bar but is is very slow, I am using Vista btw...) Is that normal, the unistallation process takes so long?

Thanks a lot, hope someone would respond to my questions; and very sorry for my bad English, I hope you could understand it though...

Your procedure should work fine. I don't know why the uninstallation takes so long though. Are you sure you're not running out of harddisk space on any of your disks?

================
    ================

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast