Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Duchy of Franconia

Default Re: Duchy of Franconia

Thank you Fritz, though I am certain you would have done the job better despite your age. I have forgotten our previous disputes entirely and Arhus will be a reward for what happened outside Magdeburg. Other than that we have started a completely blank slate with each other in my mind, I look only to the present and future, the past is done and gone.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

The Chancellor has asked for a possible reorganization of our forces, likely with an eye to the eventual reclamation of Breslau and the better administration of Hamburg. Our spy in Danish territory has revealed that there are two armies of Danes marching south, so it does indeed seem a good idea to have a commander in position near Hamburg in case the Danes split their forces, but this is not an immediate need as they are still a long march away (3 turns at least) and there is the plague at Madgeburg to be considered (Moving a general to Hamburg would spread the plague there).

As far as Breslau, the Polish armies in the region are overwhelming in number and powerful in composition. Our own forces at Madgeburg are badly battered, and hardly field worthy.

Mein Duke I believe our Chancellor has his heart in the right place, but I cannot see how our current armed forces can do more than hold the line against the Poles from their current positions and pray that this terrible plague passes quickly.

Fritz von Kastilien

my previous orders still stand, we have no hope whatsoever in going on the offensive with so few men against so many. Tancred can avoid settlements on his way North so as to avoid the plague spreading.
    Last edited by Ferret; 01-13-2008 at 12:24.

Gentlemen I am announcing a new policy. I have thought very long and hard about this, ever since Jan von Hamburg used the same policy but I have decided its introduction will benefit the Reich as a whole. I would like all prisoners to be released.

I know some of you, especially Fritz, will strongly object and to be honest there is little I can do to enforce it, you will still be generals though you may not own land or command armies if you continue to disobey the rule. My reasoning for imposing it is thus: the people are not our enemies. It is the Tyrants who rule them and stop them embracing the good will of the Reich. It is their generals that need to be killed. The same goes for cities as well, they do not need to be sacked as the wealth you are taking away from them would be paid to us through taxes anyway.

The people also fight for us once we liberate their lands from our enemies. I doubt their is any man in this Empire who commands a pure army of Germans, we train ,en from our enemies old soldiers. That is the way to think of it. By releasing those men you are allowing them to go home to their farms at the end of their campaigning season and the next season when we own their lands then they will be taking up arms for us. By executing them you are taking future soldiers away from the Reich. I shall send a messenger with a copy of what I have just said to the Diet so all men can have the choice of benefiting te Reich or hindering its rise to unparalleled glory.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Mein Duke, I acknowledge your authority in this matter, however given the state of the Reich's treasury and the number of men we face in battle I find it unlikely the Chancellor will tolerate releasing too many of our enemies. As I wish to have my forces fully funded I may find it necessary to ransom men when possible.

I swear this, though, in accordance with your aim where possible I will bring to justice those vile tyrants who sponsor these armies against us. I am moving even now to bring to battle the advance guard of the Danish Prince Stenkil. Once I have battered them aside I will seek the destruction of yet another Prince of the Danes.

I hope to repulse the assault of these barbarians at the beaches of the easternmost island near Arhus.

Fritz von Kastilien

Fritz I am glad of this cooperation. I will be pleased if you held up the men for ransom as this benefits the Reich even further than releasing them if the ransom is accepted. I also trust you will remove many tyrants with great ease.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Your proposition has merit mein Duke. I'll be sure to ransom my prisoners, as we do need the money. However, as noble as your intentions may be, do know that every released prisoner may decide to take up arms again. We'd get richer, but we'd lose more men in the process.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314