Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: release

they won't give us the patch till right around the time of the add-on because they wuld have to put another patch out right after then. well thats my thinking anyway

------------------
    Clan Shades
    Shades
    You are already dead you just don't know it yet!!
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well Greg is probably going on the spring and summer cycle that is true seeing he is an astronomer when he is not Mr Mum.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

The Avon calendar hanging in my kitchen says "Summer begins" in the June 21st box. You can't get more official than Avon.

------------------
    Gregoshi
    A Member of Clan Doragon
    This space intentionally left blank

Sorry fellas...They'll claim the most obvious out....spring 'Southern Hemisphere' !!!

Cheers
    PSYCHO V

PROUD SUPPORTER OF 'EUROPA BARBARORUM'

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Summer officially starts 21 of june. Whether you like it or not.

Besides that, it appears the whole pathetic release thingy we have seen before will start again.

If you're older than 21 worrying about release dates there's something seriously wrong with you.

If you're younger than 21 worrying about release dates it's about time you started worrying about getting a date (no, not a release date, I mean a real one, with a girl. Or a boy, whatever your personal preferences are).
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

No way mate..........where is it in the world you say summer starts (Officialy) at 21th june???????????????

Not in Europe.....it starts May/june shift!!
    19-21th june its midsommar/midsummer its the pick point of the year here when the Sun stays up the longest time of the day in northern Europe..

They said Spring Europe!!

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

San,

Yes Midsommar is 19-21 Jun but according to all the scientists, summer doesn't actually begin until after that. It's different up there, because the days start getting shorter much faster than they do in the south (Skane, which really isn't part of Sweden anyway ).

As far as the release date goes, I don't see what all the arguing is about. We've known what it will be since they first announced it...... "TWO WEEKS!"

------------------
    FearObake
    That which doesn't kill me just made it's last mistake. I take no prisoners and I eat what I kill!
    Got a question or concern about Fearful Ways or one of our members? Tell us about it HERE

[This message has been edited by Obake (edited 04-09-2001).]
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Hi Obake my friend....
    Am just pissed off at them seens they wan´t send me my Accunt password...and need to steam my self off on them
    And also one thing that makes me angry, the patch was told to us it would be relesed DECEMBER...and then it was put to 2 WEEKS after holiday´s....hmmm i wonder, did they meen Summer holiday all ready then?

------------------

Officially, summer on the northern hemisphere starts the moment the sun crosses the equator on its way south. june 21. And whatever you say, that's official all over the world.

But wtf are we arguing when on God's Earth summer starts? Just because what basically still is only a friggin game is supposed to be released before then? Why, does the world end if it doesn't? Will summer be postponed this year when the game isn't released by then?

I don't give a hoot when it's released. I only effin care whether it will be good and as free of problems as can be.

I's the same old 'when when when' bluddy stoopid thread you always see before a game is released. And then suddenly people even change the date summer starts.

For some reason totally sensible people can be totally stoopid about something so incredibly unimportant as a release date.

I am going to get a beer now. Opning date is today, about 1.5 minutes from now. Ohhh... that's soooo much more important right now. Believe you me.

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Erado........... Down boy! Down!

I know that the when of the release and all the conjecture surrounding it tends to chafe your hide, and that's fine. But you have to remember that until the release finally does show up, there really isn't much else going on that's worth talking about and some people have to talk about SOMETHING. Mariko's doing a good job over at the OT forum, but this is the XP Forum and we have to talk about the XP here. Hmmmmmmmmm, any ideas?

Hope the beer turns out to be as good as you wanted it to be. For myself, I'm content knowing that the expansion will be here in a couple of weeks! lol

------------------
    FearObake
    That which doesn't kill me just made it's last mistake. I take no prisoners and I eat what I kill!
    Got a question or concern about Fearful Ways or one of our members? Tell us about it HERE
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally posted by Erado San:
    Officially, summer on the northern hemisphere starts the moment the sun crosses the equator on its way south. june 21. [/QUOTE]

ahem, and now you make the SUN move !!! you know, people were killed trying to prove otherwise
    (btw, june 21-sun-equator-south ???)

I am going to get a beer now. Opning date is today, about 1.5 minutes from now. Ohhh... that's soooo much more important right now. Believe you me.
    [/QUOTE]

what's opening ??? (besides the beer of course, hehe)

[This message has been edited by JayDee Daidoji (edited 04-09-2001).]

Quote Originally posted by Obake:
    For myself, I'm content knowing that the expansion will be here in a couple of weeks! lol
    [/QUOTE]

and the winner of jd's award for the optimist of the day is... obakeeeeeeeee
    april 9, 2001

Erado San, opening day for what?

After a 5 minute debate with myself (I lost ), I decided I'd best pick some nits here. Summer in the Northern Hemisphere begins when the sun reaches its northern most point on the Earth. This is the summer solstice when the sun is directly overhead for anyone on the Tropic of Cancer. When the sun crosses the equator, it is called an equinox - vernal (spring) or autumnal.

BTW, the official release notice at TOTALWAR.com mentioned the release date as "Coming spring 2001...that is Autumn if you are in the Southern half of the world..."

All this talk of release dates is getting very old. I'm going outside now to watch my grass grow.

------------------
    Gregoshi
    A Member of Clan Doragon

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

With the amount of Aussies you post with Greg you automatically change everything now do you.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

Yes, I kinda mixed up the movement of the sun there. Don't worry, I already set it straight and last time I looked the sun was behaving normally again.

Indeed, summer on the northern hemisphere starts when the sun is at its northernmost point. june 21. End of discussion.

Ok, so we have nothing left to debate, and that's why we debate the release date? Then let's look at how much sense we are making.

This thread seems to focus on how important it all is to have the game released this spring. And if it's a day later we'll be kinda pissed off.

This happened before the release of the game last year. It was late, and we were kinda pissed. Then we discovered that there were flaws in the game, and we were kinda pissed too. And since then there have been threads about how we would have appreciated if they had released it a bit later and had taken out the flaws.

In fact this also happened with the patches we have seen since. The usual 'We want it NOW' threads and after the release the usual 'Wish they had taken a bit longer' threads.

I am not trying to make a point about what's right and wrong. They said spring, so it should be spring. But if its later, then there must no doubt be good reasons.

Look at Michael de Platers interview.
    Quote Surprisingly the testing process on The Mongol Invasion/Warlord Edition is proving longer and harder than it was for the initial Shogun. Because we have more campaigns, more scenarios, more units etc and because we want the game to be better balanced and more polished we are having to invest a lot more time and effort in the testing.[/QUOTE]

So it seems any delay apparently is caused by testing, balancing and generally trying to make a better game. At this very moment there's a very vivid thread somewhere about how testing for the original game was a disgrace. So I state the very obvious here: What do we want? The spring release? Or better testing? We might still get both, but what if we had to decide? We may have to accept a delay because of more testing. Personally, I prefer a delay.

And the beer, well... It was the last bottle of a 1991 home brew. A nice Christmas Ale, 40% dark malt, 50% light malt, 10% wheat malt, some Northern Brewer Hop, and a kilo of cherries for a fruity flavor and a faint red in the colour. Also, there was a touch of cinnamon and cloves in it. It ended up with 8.6% alcohol. And it tasted soooo good. Damn I wish I had time to pick that hobby up again.

You think this is Off Topic? Well, think again. When brewing your own beer, you sometinmes have to give it some time to develop into what it is you want it to be. It's kinda like pc games in that respect.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Yes.

The voice of reason is music to my ears. Thanks.

------------------
    Gregoshi
    A Member of Clan Doragon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12