Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Default Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Vanilla RTW? Yuck. That's blasphemy 'round here. :P

Anyways, as for your question, I have no idea. Why not just download EB (or XGM is also very good, and not nearly as big)? If you have dial-up, use net transport so you can continue dling even if you get kicked off, or sign off for that matter. I only have dial-up, and net transport allowed me to dl EB in just under 21 hours. :)

w00t! After a year and a half....I'm officially a member. Awesome. I can edit my posts now. :)
    Last edited by Bootsiuv; 07-27-2007 at 04:05.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    Vanilla RTW? Yuck. That's blasphemy 'round here. :P
    What, you don't like the unwashed barbarians, the head throwing united Brits, and the ancient Egyptians from the Mummy? Shame on you!

Will the FD mod work with EB 1.0?

EB Mini-Mods currently used in my Romani Campaign:
    Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1
    Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB

MTW2 currently in use:
    BBB Titles Mod for MTW2

Wise and Partially Handsome Member Jarardo's Avatar

I'm getting RTW installed again, and if it doesn't work, I'll get it working.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Updated

Last edited by Jarardo; 10-13-2007 at 16:10.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Excellent. Thank you!

EB Mini-Mods currently used in my Romani Campaign:
    Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1
    Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB

MTW2 currently in use:
    BBB Titles Mod for MTW2

Dear Jarardo, I am in need of your mod. Where can I find the .81a version of your mini mod, cause I am knee deep in shit.

Cheers.

isnt there already a cheat in the console where u type force_diplomacy [accept][decline][off]

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis
    Dear Jarardo, I am in need of your mod. Where can I find the .81a version of your mini mod, cause I am knee deep in shit.
    Here's a link for the .081a version (The version number is .41). http://files.filefront.com/ForceDipl.../fileinfo.html

I just left it up with my other files on File Front, so if you're ever looking for a past version just look at my page there, same username.

isnt there already a cheat in the console where u type force_diplomacy [accept][decline][off]
    There is, but it only works as a script, hence this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty_GMH
    Excellent. Thank you!
    Your welcome Shifty, thanks for the thank you :)
    Last edited by Jarardo; 10-17-2007 at 01:01.

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

so whats the main purpose of this mod and why do people use it?

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

The title says it all, really: this mod makes it possible for the player to get of the Computer anything in the Diplomacy Screen, even if you ask the Comp to give you all their cities in exchange for 100 Mnai.

Why I use it is to make the game more fair and logical. I'm sorry, but if I were Rome, and Epeiros had conquered all the towns of Italy except Roma, and Epeiros proposed a cease-fire in exchange for some money, I think I would accept. Unfortunately, it happens that the computer doesn't accept, even in those circumstances. Hence the use of this mod.

It could be perceived as a cheat, but it just depends how you use it.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

I use it to make the AI more rational, just as the above poster said, in situations where it's just being mule headed. I sort of role-play with it, so I don't feel like I'm cheating with it, I don't make illogical desicions for the AI.

But if someone wants to, and they enjoy that type of play, more power to them!

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Force Diplomacy Minimod

Well, unhappilly, it doesn't fix the AI. I've been crushing the Carthies as Roma, and despite loads of defeats, they wouldn't accept peace. So I downloaded your mod, forced a ceasefire.

Thing is, as someone pointed out, they keep attacking me, during each AI turn. Kinda annoying, I did my best to roleplay this campaign, but if they keep sending stacks to take back Carthago, I'll probably have to destroy the whole faction :-/

I might also try to force a Lusotanian/Carthaginian war, it might solve my issues for a few years.

Default Re: Re : Force Diplomacy Minimod

is fd already moded for EB 1.0?
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Quote Originally Posted by Leão magno
    is fd already moded for EB 1.0?
    Yes

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Great, now I can try to talk with the Pharao! Thanks Jarardo
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Well, unhappilly, it doesn't fix the AI. I've been crushing the Carthies as Roma, and despite loads of defeats, they wouldn't accept peace. So I downloaded your mod, forced a ceasefire.

Thing is, as someone pointed out, they keep attacking me, during each AI turn. Kinda annoying, I did my best to roleplay this campaign, but if they keep sending stacks to take back Carthago, I'll probably have to destroy the whole faction :-/

I might also try to force a Lusotanian/Carthaginian war, it might solve my issues for a few years.
    Have you tried pulling a "Treaty of Versailles"?

Next time you ask for a ceasefire, demand a majority of their settlements in exchange for protectorate stasis, and large regular payment for a few years.(So all their money will go back to you, and they can't build huge stacks so often.) Next, destroy all (or most) of their economic buildings within the towns you just took,(Except the ones you want to keep!) and give them back to Carthage.(With a huge price tag of course.)

Also, be sure to do all of this this after you've thrashed them fair-and-square. I.e when you've killed their best stacks, sacked their capital, and killed most of their FM. Otherwise the above would be cheating. From the campaign you've described it sounds like you did most of this so this is more of a general shout-out to newbies looking for tips!

PS:You might also want to station some of your legions around a few of their towns in case the Puni decide to rebel. Might make for a good punching bag for fresh units and Generals though...
    Last edited by The Celt; 10-25-2007 at 22:33.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

The case is that action would also take the fun away since it would make the faction too weak to defend itself from others... I still find that the best way for Romans to deal with Carthage is the historical ones, taking her possessions in the islands and making a cease fire just after destroying her fleets

Quote Originally Posted by Leão magno
    The case is that action would also take the fun away since it would make the faction too weak to defend itself from others... I still find that the best way for Romans to deal with Carthage is the historical ones, taking her possessions in the islands and making a cease fire just after destroying her fleets
    Apparently, you missed the point. He wants them to be weaker, so they aren't spamming him with full stacks all the time. Besides, he'll have his hands full with other factions like the AS and Sweboz later on. Heck, keeping Carthage around at all will give him a nice vacation compared to what lies beyond.

Just so you guys the know, the "worst" thing I've done with this, is get every single city a faction has, and "switch" starting positions, to see what happens.

I switched Getai and Seleukia, and gave getai bout' 10000d, then let them "rebuild" there.

They're pretty interesting to fight against.

Rich, even after the starting money burned up.

There is a constant rebelling problem for like 5 years, but with a steady cash flow the AI actually does better.

BTW. They do change capitols, but it takes liek 2 turns, so after those 2 turns you can switch the capitols too.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 11-01-2007 at 06:00.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great
    Just so you guys the know, the "worst" thing I've done with this, is get every single city a faction has, and "switch" starting positions, to see what happens.

I switched Getai and Seleukia, and gave getai bout' 10000d, then let them "rebuild" there.

They're pretty interesting to fight against.

Rich, even after the starting money burned up.

There is a constant rebelling problem for like 5 years, but with a steady cash flow the AI actually does better.

BTW. They do change capitols, but it takes liek 2 turns, so after those 2 turns you can switch the capitols too.
    LOL I'd love to see that screen shot!

is this savegame compatible?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    is this savegame compatible?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Yes.
    ok thanks

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

As a suppliant to my role-playing, I've decided to install this mod. I expect it will improve the limited usefulness of the diplomacy unfeature. Thanks.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    LOL I'd love to see that screen shot!
    It was in 8.1av2, so I don't have it anymore, however, once I get EB1 set up on my comp, I'll do it again, just for you.

BTW is there anyway to uninstall EB without have to do a 2 hour uninstallation?
    Really, I don't care about no damn "MDS integrity" or "securing blah blah".

Really, I screwed up the install so many times and now I can't get back to square one to do it again!
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Yes. Just delete the EB directory, done in a few minutes. Keep in mind that you then can only reinstall by using 7-zip, though.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

is it compatible with TW fanatics chariot/phalanx/elephant mod?
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Bumping so it can be easily be found by new people, and since I, personally, find it quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius of the Drake
    is it compatible with TW fanatics chariot/phalanx/elephant mod?
    It's compatible with any EB 1.0 mod that doesn't alter either of these files:

Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text\EXPORT_ADVICE
    Rome - Total War\EB\Data\EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE

To find out if a given mod alters any given file, you just basically look in the mod folder at all the files and see if those files are included. If there's an installer, you can use a program like 7-Zip to look inside of it.

Anyone feel free to ask if you need any help with this.

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast