Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Force Diplomacy Minimod

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Quote Originally Posted by Littleboots
    I've installed the scripts to the proper places.
    I started a new game, just in case that might have had something to do with it.
    I reset the advisor (level of advice doesn't have anything to do with it, does it?)
    Clicked the checkmark to accept changes.
    Started diplo
    Put an offer on the table
    Clicked the "?"
    Then you click on "show me how"
    Then click on the face to get rid of it
    Then click on "offer proposal"

Provided it was something within the AI's power to give and not too outrageous, it should have been done.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

anyone know why mine CTD's?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Force Diplomacy is not working for some reason in my campaign. The thing is, that it has worked the entire time until now, and I am not doing anything different. I am trying to gift a province to one of my allies, and the response has been "no thanks, we have nothing of equal value" or something like that. The odd thing is that I have previously given them two other provinces using force diplomacy, and I do not understand why they are refusing my offers. They are also refusing money, so I am very frusterated and I do not understand how this mod could suddenly stop working. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenoh?

try and give the settlements in exchange of something, like 100mnai, instead of offering it as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by the Bean
    anyone know why mine CTD's?
    You mean on clicking next turn after doing some FD? I've taken to doing an automatic save-load if I've changed settlement ownership. For some reason if I don't it always CTDs. Same goes for fighting a battle immediately after mucking about with FD. Once you've done your stuff, save, then load that saved game.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

no, mine CTD's on the origional start up screen, before the videos start
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Couldn't you just use the force_diplomacy accept cheat in the console or doesn't this work in EB?

Quote Originally Posted by Illian the Mediocre
    Couldn't you just use the force_diplomacy accept cheat in the console or doesn't this work in EB?
    It was disabled by the 1.5 patch. Same goes with perfect_spy.

there was a perfect spy cheat?! damn lol
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Unhappy Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Hey I clicked on the link but can't seem to get it to start downloading...Perhaps could someone send me the files in the zip file via email or something? navinkumarpk@hotmail.com Thanks yea, I would be eternally grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by the Bean
    there was a perfect spy cheat?! damn lol
    You can still use it via the generic script. Press F1, click on the ? then do the usual when the advisor pops up.

Instructions:

Step by step, this is how you use it.

1) Install the mod in the right place. That includes a little file in the data\scripts\show me how folder.
    2) In the game, press Esc to open up the menu, click on Game Options
    3) Check the "Reset Advisor" box, then click on the tick icon

You have to do steps 2 and 3 every time you want to use FD, and it only works once. If you mess up the later steps, you have to do them again.

4) Open a dialogue with an AI faction with your diplomat.
    5) Set up a proposal that's capable of being offered with the scroll icon, and not just the hand. It must be in a complete state that you're ready to offer.
    6) Before clicking the scroll, click on the "?" button.
    7) When the face appears, click on the "show me how" button underneath it, then the face to make the popup disappear.
    8) Click on the propose button; if it worked the cursor should turn to egg-timer for a moment.
    9) If settlements are suddenly flashing, double click on one, click the "?" then click on the "X" on the popup to get rid of it.

If you do anything out of order, it won't work and you'll have to start from step 2) again. If you offer something they can't actually accept, it won't work and you'll have to do everything again and come up with a new proposal.

Each time you want to use it, you have to go from step 2).

Does that one above work? filefront isn't working for me atm.

Default Game compatible ?

I´m currently playing a Macedonia-campaign on EB 1.1 (RTW.exe) and I´m in the year 213 B.C. I regularly updated the EB 1.1-Fixes in my game and the campaign is running solidly. Is it possible to install the "Force Diplomacy Minimod" (although it is designed for EB 1.0) to my campaign without invalidating the fixes or crashing my game?

Thank you in advance for your answer(s)

Best regards,
    Marcel

P.S. Should I install the version with over 100KB or the version with just 20KB from filefront?

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

I´m currently playing a Macedonia-campaign on EB 1.1 (RTW.exe) and I´m in the year 213 B.C. I regularly updated the EB 1.1-Fixes in my game and the campaign is running solidly. Is it possible to install the "Force Diplomacy Minimod" (although it is designed for EB 1.0) to my campaign without invalidating the fixes or crashing my game?
    I used it with rome.exe without any problem but of course you must count normal a CTD in every 20- 30 turns.

Now I am using the great mod of Ferromancer , BI. for EB. I tried to use FD with his mod but I even could not open my campaign no hoppe for BI.exe

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Is this mod compatible with EB version 1.1? I'm playing as the Romani and am really far into the campaign. I don't want to start a new campaign so is the mod retroactive? Btw my RTW is the gold edition with BI too. Will that be a problem as it wasn't with EB 1.1.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Force diplomacy works with 1.1 and gold edition. It could be retroactive but I don't know.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

does this work on bribing generals? The rebels always seen to have high command leaders very useful - if it works? Not having much success at the moment though. is this because there is nothing offered in return.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I'm pretty sure this doesn't effect bribing. Besides, if you bribe a good enemy general, there is hardcoding to kill him the next turn.

FDM is great thing but it affects gameplay to much if you're using it often. I've played with Makedonia and in the first turn I forced Epeiros to ceasefire and trade rights after that the game was mine until I met allied Ptolemaoi and Arche.
    Second campaign I played using FDM was Arche itself, in first turn I forced Ptolemaoi to same conditions as above and rest of the game was toast, milk and honey. Around 200BCE I was superior to anyone left.

So my advice is use it wisely or you'll ruin your gameplay. By now I only use FDM when AI is defenceless with one or two settlements left.
    I'm experienced TW player since STW but FDM'd be very useful for those whom begin their adventure with most complex mod ever - the EB!!!!
    Pro Deo et Patria

Is there a 'make peace with the dead' facility? I thought there used to be one but cannot remember how to use it or find any reference in the various threads?

The reason for this is that when going into the diplomacy screen the option to make peace with a faction is often not available.

I am playing as Seleukids and want to make peace with some factions that I have defeated and reduced to 1 or 2 settlements.

Does Force Diplomacy work with EB 1.2 version?
    "Iustitia procurat pacem et iniuria bellum, humilia verba sunt nuntii pacis et superba, belli." (Ramon Llull)

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Yeah, it's causing CTDs.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I have tweaked the mod to work with EB 1.2. Make backup before applying it!
    http://files.filefront.com/ForceDipl...einfo.html/1/1

Thank you very much!

For EB 1.2 i get a ctd every time i click the ? mark in the diplomacy scroll wether or not i activate the FD mod, any one have any help or ideas, thx

You have installed it wrong, or you have installed a 1.1 version.

Take a look at first page of the mini mod pack thread for how to make FD compatible with EB1.2.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Cappadox View Post
    For EB 1.2 i get a ctd every time i click the ? mark in the diplomacy scroll wether or not i activate the FD mod, any one have any help or ideas, thx
    Have you tried my tweaks (few posts above)?

Quote Originally Posted by iamphet View Post
    Have you tried my tweaks (few posts above)?
    How do i aply it?
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast