Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Default Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

yes i did . now what can i do to get my generals to die? and do you have force diplomacy that works with alex?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

The immortal generals are caused by Alexander, not the forced diplomacy script. AFAIK the force diplomacy works fine with Alexander.

In order to make EB suitable for Alexander, you need to download and install the Alexander engine files in this thread. You don't need the EAEM (Extensive Alexander EB Modification) files.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Last edited by Skullheadhq; 12-24-2009 at 14:19.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Wise and Partially Handsome Member Jarardo's Avatar

The link is working for me. Sorry file front is a little flaky sometimes I guess try clicking on it a few times.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

I got this with the mini-mod pack, I installed it and followed all the directions, but when I reset my advisor and try to Force Diplomacy and it just shows the Victory Objectives instead.

So I cam here, re d/led and installed it, and same thing.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

You are in the diplomacy screen before you hit the question-mark?
    Check also that the files needed are in the right place!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    I have the same problem. Can anyone post the force diplomacy minimod elsewhere? Like as a torrent? I've tried opening it more than a dozen times and every single time it fails. I've also tried it on multiple computers and using multiple browsers. -M
    Last edited by Mulceber; 07-24-2010 at 03:40.
    My Balloons:

I also require the force diplomacy minimod, but the filefront download yields me a 1kb file that winrar reports as corrupt...

I updated the main post with an alternate link. I used uploading.com. They will delete the file if no one downloads it for a month. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good reliable site I can put it up on? I don't want to put it on a site where down loaders have to register, would also be nice if they wouldn't delete it. Btw the filefront seems to be working fine now.

Alternate link:
    http://uploading.com/files/get/1daaba4c/
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

uploaded.to seems to have no such requirements.

I would suggest trying with dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/downloading), IIRC this link also doesn't vanish over time. If you don't want to register, I can upload it on my account.

XSamatan

PS: filefront was down some time, maybe the download failures were just linked to that...

Thanks for the tip. I don't mind registering to upload a file I just don't want to put it on a site that people have to register for to download it. I have put it up on uploaded.to as well so hopefully whenever someone is looking they can get it from one of the 3.

http://uploaded.to/file/4htjq7

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

I stialled it in my Rome Total War - Gold folder. I over wrote all files.
    In game, I activate the EB script, then click Reset Advisor, then send my diplomat to an enemy settlement. I click the ? in the dialogue screen that comes up, and I get the Victory Conditions screen every time.

I've tried reinstalling multiple times, and I can never get it to work. DO I have to do something different because it is a Steam game? Could the minimod pack (large trees, etc) be interfering with it When I first d/led the minimod pck, Force Diplomacy was included in it.

Edit: Well, I found out I hadn't installed EB 1.2 properly, which was why Firce Diplomacy wasn't working at all, but now I reinstalled EB 1.2, and now when I click the ? in the Diplomacy Screen to try to activate Force Diplomacy, it crashes EB instead

I've tried a dozen times so far, and it crashes EB every time..
    Last edited by Madoushi; 09-05-2010 at 18:21.

Just to be clear (and to not frighten any interested guys), Madoushi's problem has absolutely nothing to do with FD, it comes from a false installation.

XSamatan

Just cause I'm from West Virginia, that doesn't make me a redneck.

Default Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB 1.0

Ok Hi. New to the forum. I am really wanting to get this mod. However, I am having a great bit of difficulty. I am confused on several things and would like to ask for assistance. I'm not at all technologically savvy. First: How do you back up files like it says in the instructions. Second: I am trying to download the filefront file and it says I need to find a program to open it. What program do I need? Finally: Once the file is downloaded how do I proceed to get it into my EB folder or whatever to get the mod to work? I appreciate any assitance given. Thank you.
    "He is my refuse and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."-Psalms 91:2

1. Backup means you need to save the files which would be ovewritten by the installation of this minimod somewhere else ( create you own folder somewhere in your private or alike )
    2. You do not need to open it, but to download it ( save ), and then open it with a program like winrar ( 7zip and winzip might do the job too, not sure )
    3. As far as i understand you need to extract the files into your main installation directory of Rome Total War; the files you extract contain the folder "EB" with only needed changes for the mod. At the same time, there is a folder "EB" in your main directory of RTW ( the actual sub mod, the Europa Barbarorum ), and then all the minimod files of FD mod will replace/add the containt of the EB folder in the apropriate parts ( namely: EXPORT_DESCRIBE_ADVICE in the main EB folder, EXPORT_ADVISE in the EB subfolder "text", and finaly, the folder "eb_scripts" subfolder in your EB installation ). That´s why you can also simply extract the downleaded files into any other private subfolder of your choice, and then copy&paste the extracted "EB" folder into the same one in your main RTW installation directory.

I hope its not too complicated the way i´ve explained it; correct me anyone if i´m wrong...
    - 10 mov. points :P

Could i get FD with EB 1.1 still?
    I don't want to patch up to 1.2 just yet...

Jarardo's last activity was last summer, but this post should provide you with enough information to include it into EB 1.1 on your own. Be sure to create a backup of any file you modify and backup your campaign too.

XSamatan

Thanks Xsamatan. That worked.

(Did a search but couldn't find anything)

Tried to use this mod but when I do, I get a CTD. Happens right after I click the question mark in the diplomacy scroll. I don't even get to see the advisor pop up again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

As usual, once I posted the question I found the answer myself... I checked the files again, seems one wasn't properly overwritten.
    Installed the mod again, now it works.
    Last edited by Meisterdieb; 09-08-2012 at 09:49. Reason: found solution

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help!!
    im going until the show me how when i click ? and the advisor shows "You can Force diplomacy by clicking show me how" i clicked, but when i demanded something from the others factions, they shooted me out !!!

whats the problme ??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Empire Of Kurdistan-Medya View Post
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help!!
    im going until the show me how when i click ? and the advisor shows "You can Force diplomacy by clicking show me how" i clicked, but when i demanded something from the others factions, they shooted me out !!!

whats the problme ??!!!!
    the only time i know of this happening is if you ask for money they don't have, or bribing.

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    the only time i know of this happening is if you ask for money they don't have, or bribing.
    no not for money!! to attack faction,

but it is fixed!! i dont know how !!!

[QUOTE=Jarardo;2531409]I updated the main post with an alternate link. I used uploading.com. They will delete the file if no one downloads it for a month. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good reliable site I can put it up on? I don't want to put it on a site where down loaders have to register, would also be nice if they wouldn't delete it. Btw the filefront seems to be working fine now.

Alternate link:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi guys, is it possible to have a new link?:)

thank you in adavance!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

Hello Bellisario, welcome to the .Org .

I hate to say it, but you are more likely to get an answer over at the TWC EB forum. Our EB1 forum is pretty much inactive.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

[QUOTE=Ludens;2053777597]Hello Bellisario, welcome to the .Org .

Hi Ludens, and thnak you for the reply and the welcome :)

oh it's sad, welll i will try on TWC EB forum, thnx:)

Does anyone still have this mod, or, a download link to the mod?

I would like to make a Force_Diplomacy mod for E.B. 1.2 but, I am unable to.

The link does not work, it could upload again?

--EDIT--

I make the upload again of this submod. Now in ModDB:
    https://www.moddb.com/downloads/star...w.moddb.com%2F
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; 06-23-2021 at 19:56.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567