Wise and Partially Handsome Member Jarardo's Avatar

Default Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB 1.0

Updated For EB 1.2

Download Link for 1.2 version:

http://uploading.com/files/1daaba4c/...omacy_1.2.rar/

Alternate Link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/EB/f...0diplomacy.zip

What this mod does:
    This mini mod (V 1.2) will allow you to force the AI factions to agree to your diplomatic proposals in EB v 1.2

INSTALLATION!:First, backup your files! Files that need to be backed up are:
    Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text\EXPORT_ADVICE
    Rome - Total War\EB\Data\EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE

The files should be extracted into your Rome - Total War\ directory, allow the extractor to overwrite all files! Or just "drop" the EB folder into your
    Rome - Total War\ directory, and allow all files to be overwriten!

TO USE!: In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, you must then click on the"?"
    button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button",
    propose whatever you want, the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

This should be save game compatable. If you get a bunch of flashing boxes around all your cities, you can get rid of them by clicking on one of the flashing cities, clicking the "?" button, and then hitting it a few more times! Thats it!

If you want to set up a Forced Diplomacy for another Mod, this link has some directions. If you read the whole post, and are still having problems, feel free to ask here and I'll be glad to help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442

Changelog-.4-.41
    Changed (almost) all periods "." To Exlamation points! "!"

.41-1.0 Re-adapted for EB changes.
    1.0-1.2 Updated for 1.2 EB changes.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen from your use of this mod. !

-Jarardo!
    Last edited by XSamatan; 01-16-2012 at 17:58. Reason: Updated the download links
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com