Wise and Partially Handsome Member Jarardo's Avatar

Default Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB 1.0

Updated For EB 1.2

Download Link for 1.2 version:

http://uploading.com/files/1daaba4c/...omacy_1.2.rar/

Alternate Link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/EB/f...0diplomacy.zip

What this mod does:
    This mini mod (V 1.2) will allow you to force the AI factions to agree to your diplomatic proposals in EB v 1.2

INSTALLATION!:First, backup your files! Files that need to be backed up are:
    Rome - Total War\EB\Data\text\EXPORT_ADVICE
    Rome - Total War\EB\Data\EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE

The files should be extracted into your Rome - Total War\ directory, allow the extractor to overwrite all files! Or just "drop" the EB folder into your
    Rome - Total War\ directory, and allow all files to be overwriten!

TO USE!: In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, you must then click on the"?"
    button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button",
    propose whatever you want, the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

This should be save game compatable. If you get a bunch of flashing boxes around all your cities, you can get rid of them by clicking on one of the flashing cities, clicking the "?" button, and then hitting it a few more times! Thats it!

If you want to set up a Forced Diplomacy for another Mod, this link has some directions. If you read the whole post, and are still having problems, feel free to ask here and I'll be glad to help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85442

Changelog-.4-.41
    Changed (almost) all periods "." To Exlamation points! "!"

.41-1.0 Re-adapted for EB changes.
    1.0-1.2 Updated for 1.2 EB changes.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen from your use of this mod. !

-Jarardo!
    Last edited by XSamatan; 01-16-2012 at 17:58. Reason: Updated the download links
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Default Re: Force Diplomacy Minimod

I just downloaded it. It seems to be working. Thanks for this great minimod!

after use, do you have to reset the advisor in order to activate the EB script again?

Thx for this mod btw!!! Much needed... now I can 'recreate' all the punic wars :P

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

No, you don't have to.

Glad its working for you guys
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Does it work with 0.81? Or just 0.81a?

Very cool, thanks Jarardo. And thanks Dimebag!

I've tested it, doesn't work for 0.81 unpatched I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdragon
    I've tested it, doesn't work for 0.81 unpatched I'm afraid.
    I tested too, and it does work for 0.81 unpatched.

Could someone link me to Dime's guide on using force diplomacy to not make it overpowering.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I think this would be good for trying to roleplay with factions.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Yeah, I sort of roleplay with it. If I force peace with a faction, I'll normaly make a big payment to them, and maybe a few more to keep the relations up. Sometimes I'll use it to create an alliance, anyway I just try to keep it fair, and use it to make the AI a little more diplomatic.

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Hello, this mod is enormously useful in the type of game I'm playing now where I want to stay isolated for the first 30-40 years, my thanks to you.

However, I'm having a slight problem. I (Rome on VH/M) am bordered right next to the Averni at Mediolanum, Patavium, and Segesta (they basically border me almost entirely to the north/west/east). Even though they are at war with the Sweboz (who Im allied with) and Aedui, they continuously want to attack me. While I can force a peace with them thanks to the mod, there seems to be no way to keep it for they just turn around and siege everything again the next turn. I've tried most of the diplomatic options, including tribute (20k/10 turns even), threats, attack aedui, even kill off all of their invading armies, etc but it doesn't matter, they break their ceasefire the next chance they get to siege a city.

It worked fine earlier against the Aedui, who attacked me from Mediolanum, which I took and forced a peace with them. They weren't bordering me and haven't broken it yet.

Is there something I'm not doing right here? Or is this simply an unavoidable problem with the RTW engine and the A.I tendency to always seek out the human.

I'm glad it's been usefull to you!

I've had the same problem, I made Makedon an ally, and gave them a lot of provinces, however, they have a BIG problem with me holding Krete. They can't help but attack me every turn or two there, no matter what I give them. I just bribe them a lot, and hope they get over it.

There was an old guide on diplomacy, which is very old now, that suggested you need to offer the AI 2-3k per turn to keep the peace, or improve relations. This is what I do, sometimes it helps, but sometimes the AI gets a real hair in its butt about attacking you again and again. I use cheats for that money, though sometimes I do use my own money for big payoffs, to make it somewhat realistic, or roleplay.

So I just auto_win the constant battles on krete, unless it seems like it's going to be interesting.

And no, you're doing nothing wrong, the AI just sucks sometimes.

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Salut!
    Is it compatible with `1st cohorts`?
    Campaigns:
    EB1.1 Qarthadast - completed
    EB1.1+MMP1.1 Pahlava campaign (VH/M)- ceased by RL
    EB1.2(alx.exe)+MMP3.1 for Alex(Lz3) Hayasdan - ongoing

It's compatible with all mods, BI and 0.81. I have found one problem, I offer to attack the arverni to aedui, and I demand money in exchange, however, when I activate the script and propose the deal to them, they do not accept it.

I assume if they don't have the money, they won't give it to you.

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarardo
    I assume if they don't have the money, they won't give it to you.
    Yeah I found that out, those aedui must be in big debt.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

I love this mod, it allowed me (as Seleukeia) to restore the rebelled Baktrian satrapy (ie make it a protectorate). I don't consider it an abuse, since I'd won every battle against the Baktrians and taken three of their cities, including Baktra. So they were down to three provinces, one of which my spy caused to rebel and another which was ungarrisoned and on the brink of revolt, and I had an army ready to hit their capital in 1 turns time. I figured that under those circumstances they should be begging for peace.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

It would be cool,if this "force_diplomacy" worked depending on some AI faction's parameters i.e. :Treasury,number of settlements,military force,number of enemies and others.The idea is that if a faction is in poor situation,it would accept your demands(Force_diplomacy works).But if the faction is strong enough,you couldn't demand anything(to prevent players from overuse it).Or switch it on only if your diplomat is "polished" or "expert". I believe something is possible via scripts/traits.Just thoughts:)
    In Vino Veritas!

I downloaded it, but I can't get them to ever accept the deal.

I reset the advisor, go try to make a deal, click on the question mark, the advisor says "you can force this faction...", I click Show Me How, and I try to make the deal, but they never want to. I was just trying it out, seeing if I could make somebody pay me 500 mnai/turn for nothing, but they always try a counteroffer or get pissed at me.

Am I doing something wrong? I tryed with several factions, restarting the process each time.

sorry, but what exactly does this mod do? It's not very clearly stated...

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

pezhetairoi: It allows you to force an AI faction to accept a proposal made by your diplomat.

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias: Are you clicking the "show me how" button when the negotiation screen is up, or did you do it before your diplomat started the talks? If you did everything right then it may be that the AI faction doesn't have enough money to fullfil your demand, or doesn't think that it's income in the future will suffice. (Remember that in EB the factions economy is mostly based on scripted free money, and the AI doesn't know it's going to be getting all those freebies. And it doesn't know how to disband units either, so it probably looks at it's income/outcome calculations and thinks that it'll be broke soon, like most player-controlled factions will become without disbanding expensive units/fleets.)

Also, it should be mentioned that RTW has/had a bug (not sure if it's been fixed) whereby if you failed a negotiation (for what ever reason) then all further negotiations will automatically fail until next turn.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Do you have to click the advisor before or after you make the proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror
    pezhetairoi: It allows you to force an AI faction to accept a proposal made by your diplomat.

Dyabedes of Aphrodisias: Are you clicking the "show me how" button when the negotiation screen is up, or did you do it before your diplomat started the talks? If you did everything right then it may be that the AI faction doesn't have enough money to fullfil your demand, or doesn't think that it's income in the future will suffice. (Remember that in EB the factions economy is mostly based on scripted free money, and the AI doesn't know it's going to be getting all those freebies. And it doesn't know how to disband units either, so it probably looks at it's income/outcome calculations and thinks that it'll be broke soon, like most player-controlled factions will become without disbanding expensive units/fleets.)

Also, it should be mentioned that RTW has/had a bug (not sure if it's been fixed) whereby if you failed a negotiation (for what ever reason) then all further negotiations will automatically fail until next turn.
    I clicked it after I started the talks.

That's probably it. Perhaps I'll try on the Ptolemies because they're immensely rich now.

I never knew about that bug...I might have to watch out for that.

[EDIT] Yeah, it's definitely working. I feel like a jedi now.
    Last edited by Dyabedes of Aphrodisias; 04-08-2007 at 09:45.

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dyabedes of Aphrodisias
    I downloaded it, but I can't get them to ever accept the deal.

I reset the advisor, go try to make a deal, click on the question mark, the advisor says "you can force this faction...", I click Show Me How, and I try to make the deal, but they never want to. I was just trying it out, seeing if I could make somebody pay me 500 mnai/turn for nothing, but they always try a counteroffer or get pissed at me.

Am I doing something wrong? I tryed with several factions, restarting the process each time.
    You need to offer something as well, like map info or trade rights. You can't just make a demand without an offer since the script doesn't work that way. Same goes for giving gifts, the script won't help you make the AI accept a gift either.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Is this Minimod compatible with the new v0.81a v2?

EB Mini-Mods currently used in my Romani Campaign:
    Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1
    Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB

MTW2 currently in use:
    BBB Titles Mod for MTW2

Yes, since the script alters nothing and is something completely new added to the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass
    Yes, since the script alters nothing and is something completely new added to the mod.
    Ok. Good to know. Thanks.

EB Mini-Mods currently used in my Romani Campaign:
    Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1
    Force Diplomacy Minimod for EB

MTW2 currently in use:
    BBB Titles Mod for MTW2

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Does this work for a vanilla v1.5 rtw with Mundus Magnus as a map?
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast