Page 185 of 236 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 7070

Thread: News of the Weird

Default Re: News of the Weird

Kanucks fans didnt riot, it was phillie fans in disguise.
    “I think we all know how Philadelphia fans are, with the booing Santa Claus and what not,” said Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson. “Whereas we Canadians have a reputation for being very laid back and peaceful. So, obviously, the evidence could not be more clear: Philadelphia fans came to our fair city and tore it apart.”
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Typical Canadian. Blame America.

Great parody website.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 06-21-2011 at 16:50.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A novel healthcare plan
    Strapped for cash, Verone looked into filing for disability. He applied for early Social Security.

The only thing Verone qualified for was food stamps. The extra money helped, but he felt desperate. He needed to get medical attention, and he refused to be a burden on his sister and brothers.

“The pain was beyond the tolerance that I could accept,” he said. “I kind of hit a brick wall with everything.”

Last resort

A couple of months ago Verone started weighing his options.

He considered turning to a homeless shelter and seeking medical help through charitable organizations.

Then he had another idea: commit a crime and get set up with a place to stay, food and doctors.

He started planning. (...)

Verone didn't want to scare anyone. He executed the robbery the most passive way he knew how.

He handed the teller a note demanding one dollar, and medical attention.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Peeping tom hides in porta-potty, escapes covered in human waste

File under "ewwwwwwwwww ..."

BOULDER, Colo. -- Police in Colorado say a woman who stepped inside a portable toilet at a yoga festival discovered a man hiding in the tank below when she lifted the toilet lid. [...] A festival security supervisor said the suspect eventually emerged from the toilet – covered in human waste – and slipped away.

I'm more interested in:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...?ir=Weird+News

Goofy kiwis.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Peeping tom hides in porta-potty, escapes covered in human waste

File under "ewwwwwwwwww ..."

BOULDER, Colo. -- Police in Colorado say a woman who stepped inside a portable toilet at a yoga festival discovered a man hiding in the tank below when she lifted the toilet lid. [...] A festival security supervisor said the suspect eventually emerged from the toilet – covered in human waste – and slipped away.
    Heard that one on the radio this morning. No one wanted the honor of making that bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I'm more interested in:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...?ir=Weird+News

Goofy kiwis.
    That one sounds familiar...

Here's a good one, the bilingual cat.

BARK,BARK, BARK....er I mean meow.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

A spy!

Down with dried flowers!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    BARK,BARK, BARK....er I mean meow.
    What's hilarious is I thought this caption was just your embellishment of the story, but pretty much, this is what the cat actually says. It starts meowing when it turns around and looks at the camera, but was clearly barking before that.

5 stars.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Naked Russian scientist attempts to tame beluga whales

(warning -- full article contains tasteful pictures of a naked woman swimming with whales. If boobies offend you, do not click.)

Braving sub-zero temperatures, she has thrown caution — and her clothes — to the wind to tame two beluga whales in a unique and controversial experiment.

Natalia Avseenko, 36, was persuaded to strip naked as marine experts believe belugas do not like to be touched by artificial materials such as diving suits.

The skilled Russian diver took the plunge as the water temperature hit minus 1.5 degrees Centigrade. [...]

The average human could die if left in sub-zero temperature sea water for just five minutes.

However, Natalia is a yoga expert and used meditation techniques to hold her breath and stay under water for an incredible ten minutes and 40 seconds.

There are around 100,000 belugas in the wild.

The first to be held in captivity was shown at Barnum's Museum in New York in 1861, and there are belugas in aquariums and sea life parks across Europe, North America and Asia.

Their large range of 'facial expressions' comes from them having a more flexible bone structure than other whales. Certainly these two had a big smile for the naked Natalia.
    Last edited by Lemur; 06-24-2011 at 15:59.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I do believe I am in love with this woman.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Not really weird but amusing.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Who's dumping bags of vomit? Apparently, the Chucky Cheese down the street can't afford a dumpster.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Woman Arrested for Assaulting Deputies with Breast Milk

DELAWARE, Ohio — A woman faces several charges after she allegedly sprayed deputies with breast milk as they tried to detain her over the weekend.

The incident occurred early Saturday morning near the Bridgewater Banquet & Conference Center on Sawmill Parkway.

According to the Delaware County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to the area after receiving calls about a domestic dispute. When they arrived, a man told them that he had been attending a wedding at the facility with his wife, who had gotten drunk and struck him several times before locking herself in a car.

Delaware County Sheriff Walter L. Davis III said deputies tried to talk with the woman, who was identified as Stephanie Robinette, 30, of Westerville, but she refused to cooperate.

"When deputies attempted to remove Robinette from the vehicle, she advised the deputies that she was a breast feeding mother and proceeded to remove her right breast from her dress and began spraying deputies and the vehicle with her breast milk," Davis said.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Some local news. White trash ingrates tattoo RAPEST of a kid who tried to sleep with one of the guys girlfriends. True brilliance

http://www.newsok.com/four-sentenced...ad_story_title
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Drugs plot raid reveals old woman feeding rabbits with cannabis.

A spokesman for the Brandenburg police said her explanation had sounded plausible, but the officers could not leave her with the plants, rather cut them all down and took them to the forensics laboratory for testing to smoke themselves.

The three large plastic sacks of weed will now be tested to determine the level of THC – the psycho-active ingredient in cannabis - they contain. There was no official comment on what the elderly woman was expected to feed her rabbits with now.
    Somebunny ain't gonna be happy.

Somebunny ain't gonna be happy.
    Drugs Bunny?
    This space intentionally left blank

Looks like the white rabbit isnt going to Wonderland anytime soon.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was medicinal!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I'm sorry, it was me making that noise.

Singing penis' sets noise record

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir's BBC article
    The insect makes the sound by rubbing its penis against its abdomen in a process known as "stridulation".
    Ewwwwwwww.

Meanwhile, we may have forgotten the octosquids, but they have not forgotten us. Plotting their invasion from the murky depths of the Atlantic, they had used their jellyfish proxies to attack a Scottish nuclear power plant.

A swarm of jellyfish has caused the closure of two reactors at a nuclear power plant in Scotland. The plant, at Torness, uses seawater as a coolant; but the jellyfish clogged filters in the intake pipes, prompting operators to shut down the reactors until the filters could be cleared.

The notion of jellyfish as nuclear reactor incapacitators isn't without precedent. For example, in 2006, jellyfish blocked the filters at a reactor in Japan, which shut down automatically. Two years later, a similar event caused the manual shutdown of the Diablo Canyon plant in California. In 1999, the temporary jellyfish-enforced closure of a coal-fired power plant in the Philippines "plunged 40 million people into darkness and sparked rumors of a coup d'etat," the NSF reported.

The toddler was in critical condition with internal bleeding and other injuries last night while the woman who saved her suffered a broken arm, China Central Television and the Xinhua News Agency said.

The girl, named Zhang Fangyu but known by the nickname Niu Niu, was in the care of her grandmother on Saturday afternoon when the older woman left the 10th-floor apartment outside the eastern city of Hangzhou to run an errand.

Neighbours saw Niu Niu dangling from the apartment window for several minutes, and when the girl fell, Wu Juping "kicked off her high-heeled shoes" and ran to catch the child.

"It was so urgent. I saw her when she was about to fall and rushed there, and after tens of seconds she fell off," CCTV quoted Wu as saying.

A 31-year-old mother, Wu told CCTV that when she saw the hanging girl she thought of her own seven-month-old son who had once fallen from a high chair and cut his mouth: "I thought to myself 'I should stretch my arms to her. Because I am right here, I must get her.' Then I made it. I caught her in my arms."

The impact knocked Wu out and sent her crumbling to the ground along with breaking her left arm, the reports said.

CCTV quoted an unidentified doctor at the Children's Hospital of Zhejiang Hospital as saying that a scan showed no damage to Niu Niu's brain but that the girl's abdomen was swollen in a sign of possible injury to organs.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...orey-fall.html

Respect
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

In other Asian women's news:

Thai women cheer first female prime minister

Her first official policy statement to the U.S. was "I love you long time GI."

Her nickname is Crab[s]. Seriously. Her parents gave it to her. How bad does it have to get before your parents give you those kinds of nicknames? 'We name our son seven year itch.'.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    In other Asian women's news:

Thai women cheer first female prime minister

Her first official policy statement to the U.S. was "I love you long time GI."

Her nickname is Crab[s]. Seriously. Her parents gave it to her. How bad does it have to get before your parents give you those kinds of nicknames? 'We name our son seven year itch.'.
    7 years between mating cycles? Must be Vulcan.

7 years between mating cycles? Must be Vulcan.
    Maybe. Both involve green blood.

Down with dried flowers!

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

I don't know what to make of this one but apparently there are no leads as of yet Woman died from allergic reaction to sex with dog
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I don't know what to make of this one but apparently there are no leads as of yet Woman died from allergic reaction to sex with dog
    You learn history from the strangest places: "Sean McDonnell, 57, is charged with buggery [...] and is believed to be the first person in Ireland to be charged under the legislation."

So ... nobody has been buggering anyone in Ireland until now?

Here's the thing: you buy a three legged duck, I think you're committed. No takesies-backsies. No regrets. March into the future boldly with your mutant aquatic fowl!

Man buys three-legged duck then decides he doesn't like extra limb

What happens when you buy a three-legged then decide you don't want it? You take it back of course.

That's exactly what one Chinese shopper did when he bought a duck with an extra peg from a market stall in Nan'an, Fujian Province.

Initially the man appeared quite happy with his purchase but then had a change of heart towards the odd looking quacker - and took it back.

Luckily chicken and duck shop owner Chen Xiantong was happy to give the man a full refund for the one-off creature.

'He said the duck was too weird with its extra leg, and he feared it may be harmful to health,' Chen explained.

'I now keep the duck in the shop and people come in just to see it so it has actually been good for my business.'

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

You learn history from the strangest places: "Sean McDonnell, 57, is charged with buggery [...] and is believed to be the first person in Ireland to be charged under the legislation."

They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Ultralight pilot makes stop at strip club

this is your captain speaking, welcome to fun airlines.
    please remember to fasten your seatbelt and wrap it before you tap it!
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

As good catholics, it's considered a religious duty here. Alsatian dogs are clearly protestant, hence the charges.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 07-09-2011 at 07:58.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Page 185 of 236 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast