Thread: If you fail your secret will be exposed

Default If you fail your secret will be exposed

I was just told by the Senate (I'm Scippi) to blockade Carthage or "If you fail your secret will be exposed" What is that? I've never seen that before, anyone know what'll happen? Thanks
    Icewolf
    "They shall know the power of thy sword" ManoWar

Post Re: If you fail your secret will be exposed

Hi IceWolf,
    Fortunately, it really is a little bit of an empty threat, yet, it does however, or I think at least, slightly reduce your popularity with the people.

There is with this a nasty problem of civil war, the mighty senate only ever dare make threats like that if they really hate you, so I recommend that, unless you want a faction leader suicide demand and the risk of civil war, that you obey their blockading demands, however stupid they may be - and trust me, the senate is almost as stupid as me! In the meantime may I suggest that you build up your almighty army of legions in Italy and on your borders with other Roman factions, and prepare to defend yourself against the wrath of Rome should you wish to refuse their evil and sadistic suicide demands! That is if they dare to make them. Good luck, cheers!
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-09-2007 at 21:39.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: If you fail your secret will be exposed

If you don't obey the Senate, your faction leader will get a nasy vice. That's it. No biggie, except that the Senate is getting scared of you, so preparing for Civil war may be a good idea.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: If you fail your secret will be exposed

Yeah, it's getting all political on me now. my next mission, take the isle of Kydonia was impossible due to lack of fleet (a 660 ship pirate fleet did my eastern navy in, 660 ships-what in the honey baked hell?) and a temporarily negative cash flow. The penalty was "A censor will investigate your family" Well the Censor did and my faction heir committed suicide Hopefully this will be the end of it

IceWolf
    "They shall know the power of thy sword" ManoWar

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Try to make missions.Then the senate will not threat you.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

IceWolf: Caius is correct - albeit sometimes easier said than done. But when you say - "Hopefully this will be the end of it." - I'll just say NOPE! The Senate's demands will continue, almost to the point of absurdity. I'm guessing that you're in the late-middle to early-late stages of your campaign? As Omanes & Ludens have stated, it's probably a real good idea to start shoring up the walls.