Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factions List

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Default Factions List

Telmarines-Located to the west of Narnia, Telmar was a land colonized first by men of Calormen 300 years after the creation of Narnia; where it is in relation to the Western Waste to Narnia's immediate west is unclear, however. The inhabitants purportedly found their way to a then-leaderless Narnia after "a great famine.". More importantly, it is also the site of a 'chink' that leads from Earth to Narnia. Six pirates and their wives from our world were shipwrecked and fell through this gap into Telmar, producing lines of proud, warlike descendants, the Telmarines. These are the Telmarines who eventually invade Narnia, at the time in disorder, after a famine in their own land and attempt to rid the country of its magic. It is from this line of Telmarines that Prince Caspian (later King Caspian X) is descended.

The story of the pirates, mentioned at the end of Prince Caspian, is apparently based on the factual historical account of the mutiny aboard the HMS Bounty[citation needed]. It is not clear how, if this is so, the Telmarines would have a Northern European appearance, as is often assumed. However, even though Lewis refers to earlier Narnian humans and Archenlanders, "Northerners", as being light-skinned, the Telmarines (who invaded after earlier Narnian kings disappeared and presumably would have strong Polynesian ancestry) are never referred to as such.

Royal Narnia - With the return of Queen Jadis Royal Narnia boundaries are now weaker than ever, With the native narnians fleeing royal narnia has been left to stand up against Imperial Narnia. But queen Jadis has not mad the mistake she made last time, this time she brought an army from the wild lands of the north. Now all Royal Narnia can hope that will happen is that archland will declare war on Imperial Narnia, or Aslan might return.

Calormene-Calormene is an empire in the south of the world of Narnia. Most of the country has a semi-arid climate, and its most notable geographic features are a volcano known as the Flaming Mountain of Lagour, and the Great Desert. The Great Desert is in the northern part of the country, and the difficulty of crossing this desert prevented aggressive Calormene governments from invading Archenland and Narnia for centuries.
    The cultural centre of Calormen is the River of Calormen, which flows from west to east along the south side of the Great Desert. The capital city is Tashbaan, located on an island in the river's delta. River of Calormen is bordered for much of its length by farmland and wealthy communities. The city of Azim Balda, located at a crossroads in the heart of the country, is a major hub for travel and communications

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...e%3DISO-8859-1

Imperial Narnia - Jadis (French, 'formerly', 'in the past'; also Turkish, 'witch', spelled cadı) is the last scion of the royal house of Charn; she is also said (in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) to be descended from Adam's first wife, Lilith, and to have both Jinn and Giant blood in her veins. According to the Beavers, she has no human blood at all, although she has the appearance of a very tall human woman. When Jadis first entered Narnia on its creation she was banished to the north by Aslan where she spent one thousand years in exile. By the time she had taken over Narnia she had an army of followers that she had obtained during her time in the north.
    Queen Jadis Has now returned to narnia and with an army, Quickly she is rulling half of narnia and with a much stronger force her threats are no longer Royal Narnia but a fraction to the south known as Calormens

Archenland
    Archenland is the first country to the south of Narnia. It is a land of many mountains. Its border to Narnia is made up of a chain of mountains, there only being one pass to Narnia through it. The border to Calormen is much the same. On this border there is a unique mountian called Mt. Pire which has a double peak. It is said to be the remains of a two-headed giant turned to stone by Fair Olivin. Also, there is a pass to Telmar through the mountains to the west. The last mountain to mention is Stormness Head. A mountian sometimes plagued with storms, it is located near the shore of the Eastern Ocean. Here is where Prince Corin boxed the Lapsed Bear of Stormness Head.
    Anvard is the castle where the king of Archenland resides, and also the only place of inhabitance mentioned in Archenland. A little bit south of here, near the pass into Calormen, lives the Hermit of the South March. A kind, old, and wise man he is. His hermitage consists of a lush, green lawn with a house and a circular wall. In this lawn is a special pool used by the hermit to see things far and wide.

House Of Hawfang
    Forming its independence only a decade ago. This giant clan is surronded in natrual resources making them rich in trade and helping there population to grow rapidlly.
    In battle the giants are feared through out Narnia du to there strength and superb armour. The House of hawfang is a rapidlly growind power located in the wild lands of the Nourth and allid with the Telmaries this faction can only go south and into Narnia

Desert Tribes Men
    Found in the great desert of calormene, the desert tribesmen are an ancient culture. Never fully leaving the calormen power. The desert tribesmen are treding on thin ice as calormen are ploting against them.
    Is this the end for this fragile and ancient culture

Sorry, my english is not very good so there will probally be lots of spelling mistakes
    Last edited by Ossie The Great; 12-06-2007 at 17:22.

Default Re: Factions List

Oscar, we've got tons of unit slots, you could easily get;

Peter's Army
    Narnians
    Jadis Army
    United Dwarfs
    Lone Islanders
    Calormenes
    Telmarines
    Archenlanders

Into the mod and have plenty of slots to spare.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Quote Originally Posted by oscarreeve
    Telmarines- descendants of pirates from our world the Telmarines had experienced a great famine, and, crossing through a pass in the mountains to the south near Calormen, they reached Narnia. After years of Telmarine rule, many native Narnians died out or decreased in number, many going into hiding, and humans became the dominant species. By the time of the birth of Caspian the Tenth, the old days of Narnia were often regarded as legend.

King Peter's Army- King peter was given an army from aslan to help protect narnia. United with the native narnians. King Peter's army aim is to protect the native narnians and make a free narnia.
    I would call these simply "Narnia", "Kingdom of Narnia" or "The Narnians", as they are a kingdom and not simply an army. Also King Peter will pass away, and then you'll still be left with a faction called "King Peter's Army". This would be like having a King of England called William II and calling England as a faction "King William's Army" instead of just England.
    United dwarfs -
    Dwarfs are a race native to Narnia. They are called Sons of Earth by Aslan, as opposed to humans, who are called Sons of Adam or Daughters of Eve. Dwarfs exist in at least two (and presumably more) varieties: Black Dwarfs and Red Dwarfs; the only significant physical difference between the two is the colour of their hair. While many Red Dwarfs are kind and loyal to Aslan, Black Dwarfs appear to be more selfish and warlike. All documented dwarfs are male and live together in communities, although it is known for them to mingle with and reproduce with humans. Consequently, it is possible for there to be females of dwarfish descent despite the lack of (or non-appearance in the books of) female dwarfs. For example, Prince Caspian's Tutor Cornelius is a half-dwarf, and Caspian's old nurse is described as "a little old woman who looked as if she had dwarf blood in her"
    See my comment in the Archenland vs Dwarfs poll thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambyses II
    As I've said before, I strongly recommend that you don't add dwarfs as a faction. The dwarfs didn't operate as a faction, had no king and no lands of their own. Archenland are much more viable as a faction, as they had a royal line and their own lands.
    Calormen- Calormen is an empire in the south of the world of Narnia. Most of the country has a semi-arid climate, and its most notable geographic features are a volcano known as the Flaming Mountain of Lagour, and the Great Desert. The Great Desert is in the northern part of the country, and the difficulty of crossing this desert prevented aggressive Calormene governments from invading Archenland and Narnia for centuries.
    The cultural centre of Calormen is the River of Calormen, which flows from west to east along the south side of the Great Desert. The capital city is Tashbaan, located on an island in the river's delta. River of Calormen is bordered for much of its length by farmland and wealthy communities. The city of Azim Balda, located at a crossroads in the heart of the country, is a major hub for travel and communications.

Jadis army - Jadis (French, 'formerly', 'in the past'; also Turkish, 'witch', spelled cadı) is the last scion of the royal house of Charn; she is also said (in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) to be descended from Adam's first wife, Lilith, and to have both Jinn and Giant blood in her veins. According to the Beavers, she has no human blood at all, although she has the appearance of a very tall human woman. When Jadis first entered Narnia on its creation she was banished to the north by Aslan where she spent one thousand years in exile. By the time she had taken over Narnia she had an army of followers that she had obtained during her time in the north.
    Again the use of "Army", I really do think that the "Narnian Empire of Jadis" would be a better name. You should start the game with Jadis controlling part of the Narnian lands. Probably most of the north west, including the Lantern Waste. The lantern itself could be implemented as a "wonder" of some kind.
    Native Narnians-the original habitants of narnia. The native narnians have suffered many invasions, and each time they flee to the well known narnian woods. Many races are native narnian including the dwarfs to giants.

All though we are currently deciding On Replacing the United Dwarfs with Archland
    I would merge these with "King Peter's Army" to form: "The Narnians". You don't want a situation where "King Peter's Army" are fighting the "Native Narnians" as that wouldn't make any sense at all.

If you really want to add more factions than that, you could add the giantish faction The House of Harfang from The Silver Chair. They had a small kingdom with their own royalty and were fully independent. To the south of them, the Ettinsmoor would be rebel lands, further south of the gorge is Narnia. You're going to need to get alot of oversized models done for these kinds of units. I'm not sure if you have anyone to do this yet, but you'll need to start looking.

Last edited by caravel; 03-11-2007 at 16:51.

Cambyses II, all I can say is you have a lot of good ideas, and I agree with them.

I propose this factions list from Cambyses II and Oscareeves thoughts:

House of Harfang
    The Narnians
    Narnian Empire of Jadis
    Archenland
    Calormenes
    Telmarines

Concerning the dwarves. I do not think they should have their own faction. I believe you could make an AOR for the dwarves. In it, The Narnians could recruit Red Dwarves, and the Narnian Empire could recruit Black Dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghas Alexandros
    Cambyses II, all I can say is you have a lot of good ideas, and I agree with them.

House of Harfang
    The Narnians
    Narnian Empire of Jadis
    Archenland
    Calormenes
    Telmarines

Concerning the dwarves. I do not think they should have their own faction. I believe you could make an AOR for the dwarves. In it, The Narnians could recruit Red Dwarves, and the Narnian Empire could recruit Black Dwarves.
    Brilliant archland will also be there

hi
    just something i noticed, Archland is Allied with The Native Narnians ,
    I never realised that

Kingdom of King Peter's
    Again, you've used the term "King Peter". Aslan made Peter the high King of Narnia. Aslan called the Kingdom "Narnia" and nothing else. In view of this I still think you should call this Faction simply "Narnia" or "The Narnians".
    Kingdom of Jadis
    This would not be a Kingdom, but an Empire. Jadis is an Empress as well as a Queen. She is more of a conqueror than someone who wishes to live in peace, so "Narnian Empire of Jadis" is still a better name.
    Native Narnians
    The native Narnians are the Narnians under the High King Peter and his successors until the arrival of the Telmarines. You have chosen to cover the earlier era and include the Telmarines and not the New Narnians and Old Narnians. The way I see it there are roughly two eras that cannot be combined:

Earlier:

Narnians (under the high King Peter and successors)
    Narnian Empire of Jadis
    Telmarines (these would have had no contact with the others for centuries, but could still be added as a faction)
    Calormen
    Archenland
    Harfang (assuming they existed at that time which is debatable)

Later:

Old Narnians (True Narnians, including the talking beasts)
    New Narnians (Telmarine Narnians - humans only)
    Calormen
    Archenland
    Harfang

The way I see it, your best option is the earlier of the two. It gives you Jadis, the Narnians at the height of their power, the Calormenes, Archenland and the Telmarines. The later era will only give you five factions and the old Narnians would be much smaller.
    hi
    just something i noticed, Archland is Allied with The Native Narnians ,
    I never realised that
    I did point out to you quite a while back that Archenland was basically a Narnian Vassal State (Their Kingdom was subject to Narnia). In game terms this is going to be irrelevant and such an alliance probably won't last long.

here is a bit on hawfang

Harfang, is the great city of the far northern giants -- the civilized ones. Although, of course, they're not quite so civil to everyone. They have a large castle and a king and queen and enjoy going out to hunt. They also enjoy feasts, for the which one of their chief delicacies is human flesh, cooked in a variety of ways. Eustace Scrubb, Jill Pole, and Puddleglum arrive at the castle on the recommendation of the Lady of the Green Kirtle in time for the Autumn Feast, unaware that they are to be the feast. (SC)

Quote Originally Posted by Meghas Alexandros

House of Harfang
    The Narnians
    Narnian Empire of Jadis
    Archenland
    Calormenes
    Telmarines

HEY PEOPLE UR SLEEPING PARTNER IS BACK SORRY FOR THE DELAY IT WAS A DAMN TROJAN IN MY SYSTEM AND I HAD TO FORMAT IT ALL OVER AGAIN

BUT FOR NOW THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL

AND HERE I SUPPORT MEGOS ALEXANDROS ON HIS FACTION LIST

KING PETER'S ARMY WONT BE GOOD AS AFTER HIM THERE WOULD BE MANY KINGS

BUT FOR THE DWARVES I THINK THEY SHOULD EITHER

1 )split into two factions one allied to jadis and other to narnians

2) placed into mercenary pool(i think this would be better)
    and the diff. ones found in different territories suitable for jadis and peter to recruit a particular type but if they had money can support the other as i think the black dwarves were more selfish and can switch over sides to have an upper hand

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Factions List

I think the Narnians should be split into two factions: Imperialists and royalists for Jadis and Peter respectively. Thus my idea of a faction list would be:

Calormenes
    Imperial Narnia (Jadis)
    Royal Narnia (Peter)
    Lone islanders
    Archenland
    House of Harfang
    Great desert tribesmen

I think the last five factions should start the game as protectorates of Imperialistic Narnia and perhaps already paying tribute. I don't know if this is supposed to be possible (in fact I'm fairly sure that someone said that it is imposable for protectorates to exist at the games start) but surely something can be done through scripting.

As there would be two main superpowers at the games start (the two empires) in the northen half of the map the first few years would be dealing with the collapse of the empire in Narnia and seeing who is going to come out top dog (Imperialists would have large armies but many enemies and maybe negative public order bonuses) whilst in the south calormenes would be consolidating their hold on the outer desert provinces and trying to develop sufficient economic might to invade Narnia.

If an Aor system is used and the northern desert provinces are placed few and far between and poor recruitment for all factions except for the native inhabitants plus massive public order disadvantages for all other factions then a long war could be carried out with the Calormenes being unable to subjugate the desert tribes before Narnia is united and ready to meet them.

I also think that Lone islanders should start out poor and with little or no military and that at some point the marian reforms could be used to represent the arrival of the telmarines and a shift from largely peaceful fishermen with few decent land units and crappy Aors to an expansionist pirate nation with a large and well equipped navy and military. For this faction to work would require the game to run on BI. exe (to enable naval invasions). However I fear that inclusion of this factions may well screw up the cursed land:water ratio requirements although this might not apply in BI.

My personal opinion is that the game should be built onto BI from the start as you can get 6 cultures that way (one more than in vanilla) which would allow for all the factions (except for Archenland which would share with Royal Narnia) to have a culture for themselves. I'm also a great fan of the religion system in BI as it really slows down expansion outside of a factions homelands.

Im exhausted now for tonight and going to bed (more tomorrow)
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe
    I think the Narnians should be split into two factions: Imperialists and royalists for Jadis and Peter respectively.
    Well I've been pushing for that all along, glad someone agrees. I do think that "Narnian Empire" might be a good name perhaps and less long winded than "Narnian Empire of Jadis"? Jadis will have to be reborn whenever she dies - and 'restrained' from dying of old age (scripting?). I would say that she will need to be their eternal faction leader that cannot die until her faction is wiped out.
    Thus my idea of a faction list would be:

Calormenes
    Imperial Narnia (Jadis)
    Royal Narnia (Peter)
    Lone islanders
    Archenland
    House of Harfang
    Great desert tribesmen
    The Lone Islanders would be a faction during the Telmarine Dynasty though not before or after. While Jadis' Empire existed they were part of that, and before that part of Narnia. It was Caspian that eventually reunited them with Narnia when the Telmarine Dynasty ended.
    I think the last five factions should start the game as protectorates of Imperialistic Narnia and perhaps already paying tribute. I don't know if this is supposed to be possible (in fact I'm fairly sure that someone said that it is imposable for protectorates to exist at the games start) but surely something can be done through scripting.
    That I don't know.
    As there would be two main superpowers at the games start (the two empires) in the northen half of the map the first few years would be dealing with the collapse of the empire in Narnia and seeing who is going to come out top dog (Imperialists would have large armies but many enemies and maybe negative public order bonuses) whilst in the south calormenes would be consolidating their hold on the outer desert provinces and trying to develop sufficient economic might to invade Narnia.

If an Aor system is used and the northern desert provinces are placed few and far between and poor recruitment for all factions except for the native inhabitants plus massive public order disadvantages for all other factions then a long war could be carried out with the Calormenes being unable to subjugate the desert tribes before Narnia is united and ready to meet them.
    I would go for an AOR. Though the deserts were largely unpopulated. I don't remember any references to desert tribesmen.
    I also think that Lone islanders should start out poor and with little or no military and that at some point the marian reforms could be used to represent the arrival of the telmarines and a shift from largely peaceful fishermen with few decent land units and crappy Aors to an expansionist pirate nation with a large and well equipped navy and military. For this faction to work would require the game to run on BI. exe (to enable naval invasions). However I fear that inclusion of this factions may well screw up the cursed land:water ratio requirements although this might not apply in BI.
    Not sure about that Idea. The Telmarines' arrival basically cut off the Lone Islands from Narnia, as I've said above. If you're trying to have the Telmarines as an emerging faction, this would be ideal though.
    My personal opinion is that the game should be built onto BI from the start as you can get 6 cultures that way (one more than in vanilla) which would allow for all the factions (except for Archenland which would share with Royal Narnia) to have a culture for themselves. I'm also a great fan of the religion system in BI as it really slows down expansion outside of a factions homelands.
    Sounds good to me.
    Im exhausted now for tonight and going to bed (more tomorrow)

Ok I have everything you said and it sound's brilliant

so i think what you are saying is have the two main fractions

Imperial Narnia
    Royal Narnia

then all the other fractions would be allied with one of those fractions
    so it would be like this

Royal Narnia- Archland, Telmarine and House of hawfang

Imperial Narnia- Calormenes, Great desert tribsmen

and about updating it to bi i will run a poll and see what othere think

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Factions List

No, what i am sugesting is two large powers in the begining; imperial narnia and the Calormene empire.

Imperial Narnia would "rule" all the Narnians (Royal Narnia, Archland, House of Harfang) but would be suffering from minor (high rebel spawn rate) and major (Other factions breaking away) rebelions. This would keep them down as a too major a power and balancing could ensure that all these factions have a more or less equall chance of dominance.

The Calormene empire would be conserned with taking the outlying rebel desert provinces and developing an economy strong enough to launch an invasion of Narnia. This would be very hard for them as the poor desert recruitment options would strech their supply lines so even a disunited Narnia would stand a decent chance of sucess.

The telmarines would sart as a small faction far to the west surrounded by strong rebels and incapable of breaking out in the early stages of the game. They could, however build up wilst the other factions are squabling over souther Narnia. The smae would apply to the desert tribsemen who would have an almost uncoqurable province deep in the desert from which they can stab other powers in the back.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

No, what i am sugesting is two large powers in the begining; imperial narnia and the Calormene empire.

Imperial Narnia would "rule" all the Narnians (Royal Narnia, Archland, House of Harfang) but would be suffering from minor (high rebel spawn rate) and major (Other factions breaking away) rebelions. This would keep them down as a too major a power and balancing could ensure that all these factions have a more or less equall chance of dominance.

The Calormene empire would be conserned with taking the outlying rebel desert provinces and developing an economy strong enough to launch an invasion of Narnia. This would be very hard for them as the poor desert recruitment options would strech their supply lines so even a disunited Narnia would stand a decent chance of sucess.

The telmarines would sart as a small faction far to the west surrounded by strong rebels and incapable of breaking out in the early stages of the game. They could, however build up wilst the other factions are squabling over souther Narnia. The smae would apply to the desert tribsemen who would have an almost uncoqurable province deep in the desert from which they can stab other powers in the back.

Actually, RTW 1.5 can have as many cultures as BI, and I believe that is 7.

I am Going to write more in depth about each fraction in a day or two

You mean a faction not a fraction...

Sorry. yes i did mean faction

I had nealy finshed wrighting a more in depth list about each fraction when my computer mucked up and i lost all my work

I still think Lone Islanders is a good idea.

So my Faction list would be;

-Harfang
    -Royal Narnia
    -Imperial Narnia
    -Telmar
    -Calormen
    -Archenland
    -Lone Islands (emerge as a scripted event?)
    -Desert Tribesmen (possibly make up a faction name for these, Desert Tribesmen sounds a bit bland)
    -Another Southern Kingdom should be included, the Calormenes fought many wars and they should have someone else to fight against. I am happy to design an interesting faction for this if people agree wih this idea.

10 factions
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

We will have desert tribsmen ( all though we need another name for them )

and about another southern kingdom , I will sugest it and see what people think of the idea

Lord of Numbria Member King_Numero's Avatar

Here's my suggestion for the factions.

Playable:
    Kingdom of Narnia
    Kingdom of Archenland
    Empire of Calormen
    Imperial Narnia
    Kingdom of Telmar

Non-playable:
    Kingdom of Terebinthia (it was a seperate kingdom at one point in the books)
    Giants of Harfang
    Second Southern Faction (Chiefdom of Surmene or Haramene)

Starting Situation:
    Imperial Narnia should start out allied to Harfang.
    Royal Narnia, Archenland and Terebinthia should start out allied to one another.
    These two alliances should start out at war.
    Telmar should begin neutral.
    Calormen should start out at war with the other southern faction only, at first.
    And of course every faction starts out at war with the rebels.
    Narnia: Total War Team Member

Hi
    thanks for that list.
    all though maybe in are very last realese The giants of harfang will be playble.

and i am still not sure if we are going to have the second southern faction i think we will have the desert tribesmen instead
    Last edited by Ossie The Great; 03-30-2007 at 13:49.

Hi
    I have updated the top list and added the Desert Tribesmen and House of Hawfang

I will put the faction symbol next to the faction it will be for on monday

I would merge Royal Narnia and the Native Narnians. The natives who hadn't been corrupted by Jadis supported King Peter, and they fought with him.

Hi
    I have deleted The native narnians and added faction symbols

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

have you added the faction icons?

do you mean to the game ?

if so i have added 4 of them but i am a little confused on the last stage were you have to make your own xpac.

Anyway there i one more symbol need doing if that is all right .

Hey, this mod sounded interesting, I was wondering if it was still "alive"

Yes, it is still alive and kicking .

We have most of the models done but the skins are not progressing so fast .

But at the moment it is mainly the text files so it is still progressing fairly fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast