I would be careful with cathedral income buildings. Too many cause CTD when checking for province's income.
I don't know how many, but I suggest to pack the maximum number of thos you want to add and check for yourself.
Perhaps it is a good idea to keep some of those unique this way they will not appear all together in one place.

I had a look in my Osprey books from ancient period and made a caouple of notes.

So I might have some suggestions for usnits.

Egypt

a number of infantry used throwing sticks so perhaps a kind of skirmishing infantry with this weapon can be added - something like darts in VI I guess ( Ethipian army later used similar weapons with special sharpened boomerangs and many-edged knives).

Makhtu-aa close combat infantry might have two versions :
one - assault infantry without missiles,
two - same, but with throwing spears/javelins - but this one only allowed by 'dismounting' the first one, AI doesn't dismount units and it cannot use javelins properly anyway so recruitable shock infantry with throwing weapons would be wasted by it.

Stave bows - were cheaper and more popular + better in rainy weather conditions and were used by infantry together with later and more expensive composite bows.
Perhaps two types of archers to show it ?

Chariot runners - in my opinion a MUST in the mod.

Two versions with bows and javelins - perhaps only one recruitable and another 'dismountable' only ?
Were used to destroy enemy chariots and support egyptian ones so are perfect to cause fear in enemy chariotry without similar fears themselves. Could receive a charge and destroy the vehicles, though not without losses.
Should be very fast (for infantry)

Mittanian auxilia - Mariyannu hevavy, noble chariots with armoured crews and horses were used by egyptians too as allies after numerous conflicts with their state.

Chariots

Apparently heavier chariots appeared later after wars with Mitanni.
Remained quite light, but got some armour and got faster thanks to better use of horses.

Assyrians

3 levels of army.

Levies called Sab Sharry - peasant infantry archers, spearmen, slingers and shild bearers to protect archers.
Auxilia - cheap cannon fodder.
Bad or no armour + shields.

Kisir Sharruti - reformed army ( around 900 BC).

It included chariots and (later) cavalry).
Infantry was called Zuku sa sheppe - as the levies divided into all 4 infantry types.
Certainly armoured.

Royal guards -Qurubti sha shepe - all types of infantry and cavalry/chariots.
All armoured, but not havily. Disciplined elite of the army.

Assyrian chariots and cavalry.

According to the osprey about Assyrians cavalry started as either horse archers or lance armed support.

Both would act separately as different units.

Later they merged, got a little more armour and their steeds got some protection from cloth half-barding - a kind of extended cloth under the saddle and protecting steed's chest.

Something like a mini-skirt for a horse without protection over the head.

So the final Assyrian cavalry would be a hybrid lancer/archer.

As usual it might cause problems for the AI so perhaps it should be recrutable as light lancers with little arrows with dismountable version with larger number of arrows too ?

Assyrian chariots - simple heavy (getting heavier as the time passed) line breaker with archers aboard.

Overall I would propose the following roster

Sab Sharry - peasant infantry archers, spearmen, slingers and shield bearers to protect archers.

shield bearers either separate or in the same units as archers to give them some ranged protection.

Kisir Sharruti - reformed army

the core of the army - all infantry types, includes cavalry when it appears with reformed version in 'mini-skirt' in the last era ( 700 BC).

Perhaps should have chariots too ?

Royal guards -Qurubti sha shepe

guard infantry so harder to get ( maybe only in the royal court so unique building in one province ?)

Chariots for sure.

Cavalry for sure.

Some infantry too, but maybe without all choices.

I hope you will make the rosters ore diverse - the information might help.

Remember you can use 256 units and it DOESN'T include mounts, agents and ships.