Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 60

Thread: Ideas

  1. #1
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Ideas

    Here is a thread were you can post your ideas

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ideas

    Alsan to be in battles;
    Make a handler with one handled aslan and 6 invisible handlers.

    Underway Gnomes as mercs?
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War


  3. #3

    Default Re: Ideas


  4. #4
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,768

    Smile Re: Ideas

    Hi I have been looking at the units thread and just a few ideas and possible problems form this.

    1. Centaurs I know have been built successfully by moving the rider forwards on a horse to replace its head, but unfortunately they split apart when they die and nobody has been able to think of a way to try and correct this. This might not sound so bad and it isn't for HTH but when a group of centaurs are hit by a volley of arrows and a few seconds later apparently explode...

    2. The game only allows for one skeleton for dogs and one for boars (I think thats possible anyway) so Aslan, wolves and leopards are impossible I think. On the other hand I don't know wether or not it is possible to have more than one skin for dogs so perhaps it would be possible to have wolves for Jadis and dogs for Narnia (I think the books mention dogs in Aslan's army)

    3. Hoggy I know has produced minotaurs for his blue lotus mod with complete success so far as I know.

    4. Dwarves and giants are probably possible as I know it is possible to scale units but I seem to remember something about scaling difficulties.


    I can only hope that I am not casting to much of a damper on the mod and say that I am entirely in support of the mod.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

    Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

    Yous ee gishes?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ideas

    The centaurs sound unsuitable from what you've said, in that they're not new models, but the rider moved forwards. The reason that they split apart when killed is because they are not really an individual but still a horse and rider, this is not really good enough. What is needed here is a modeller.

  6. #6

    Post Re: Ideas

    Hi Wolfe,
    I'm no modder yet, I would have thought that all you need to do is make a new model, a new unit and a new animation and you can have whatever you like with the game's units? The same could perhaps also be true for the dying centaur if you was to try and change it's death animation, if that is possible? I'm not especially sure, sadly I have little or no idea about modding and many other thing due to my stupidity, yet I would have thought that one can. However I would suggest that oscarreeve and other members of the great Narnia: Total War team check with the modding experts first before they can be too sure on this - my knowlage only extend onto how to lose battles.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-13-2007 at 10:21.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ideas

    The centaur would perhaps be easiest (?) as you would have the horses and human models to work with providing you can import/export the meshes to a CAD program such as 3dsmax. I know next to nothing about modding RTW or modelling so I'm not sure of it's limitations, though if someone got a Minotaur into the game, a centaur should also be possible.

  8. #8
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    At the moment someone is at work on skinning the centaur model but i will investegate on it

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ideas

    Well, I was thinking you would have cheetahs and lions etc. to be their own units. They are talking animals, presumably smart, and there fore, wouldn't need handlers. You could then make them their own model and skin, with out running over this supposed animal limit. Aslan and the other divine people should not fight, nor should they appear on the map.

  10. #10
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Meghas Alexandros
    Well, I was thinking you would have cheetahs and lions etc. to be their own units. They are talking animals, presumably smart, and there fore, wouldn't need handlers. You could then make them their own model and skin, with out running over this supposed animal limit. Aslan and the other divine people should not fight, nor should they appear on the map.
    Thanks Meghas

    I was thinking the same thing.

    He Meghas can u do any moddeling.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ideas

    Sorry, I dont have 3ds max.

  12. #12
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Meghas Alexandros
    Sorry, I dont have 3ds max.
    oh.
    Is there a way on whitch you can skin with out 3ds max

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ideas

    Couldn't you scale up a dog skele for Aslan?

    And Alsan definitely fought in the books, so why not in game?
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War


  14. #14
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Couldn't you scale up a dog skele for Aslan?

    And Alsan definitely fought in the books, so why not in game?
    the only reason aslan can not fight in the game is if he dies narnia practiclly goes with him

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ideas

    Guys I Think

    1 ) Why Can Aslan Not Dye Imean Jadis Wants Narnia And She Can Only Take It By Killing Aslan But I Think Give Him High Hitpoints And Give Him Speed So He Always Routs Before Gettin Killed , Makin Killin Him Difficult But Possible

    2) Use Him As Advisor For Narnians I Mean He Always Does This Task
    And Fights Only In The End

  16. #16

    Default Re: Ideas

    Hey One Thing More In The Movie Peter Was Dressed As A Knight So Will We Be Having Foot Knights
    I Think It Will Add To The Charm

  17. #17

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Couldn't you scale up a dog skele for Aslan?

    And Alsan definitely fought in the books, so why not in game?
    Aslan fought, IIRC, in one battle and only to kill Jadis, because he was the only one that could kill her. Apart from that, like a true deity, Aslan only intervened with advice and guidance, but did not fight in wars nor lead them after this (I can't remember any anyway, if he did there were very few).

    Having Aslan as an oversized war dog that is kept on a leash, and is released on the enemy by a handler, would be just wrong in so many ways. There is no way you could guarantee his survival unless you were to make him almost invincible in which case the game would be fairly predictable, easy and rather childish. whether he lived or died would make any difference as to your faction dying out or continuing anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_323
    Guys I Think

    1 ) Why Can Aslan Not Dye Imean Jadis Wants Narnia And She Can Only Take It By Killing Aslan But I Think Give Him High Hitpoints And Give Him Speed So He Always Routs Before Gettin Killed , Makin Killin Him Difficult But Possible

    2) Use Him As Advisor For Narnians I Mean He Always Does This Task
    And Fights Only In The End
    Aslan cannot be killed, because he is a god. The campaign needs to be based around this principle, that whoever achieves total dominance is unimportant as at the end of days Aslan will still send the bad and good along their different paths and end the world as he did in the last battle. This is why Aslan needs to be the god and to never appear in the game in physical form, IMHO.
    Last edited by caravel; 03-13-2007 at 23:32.

  18. #18
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,768

    Smile Re: Ideas

    Just to say I fully agree with all of your ideas above Cambyses II. Whoever heard of Aslan being told to go and fight?!!!
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

    Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

    Yous ee gishes?

  19. #19
    Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    I live in the world of gaming
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Ideas

    My idea: You could make Aslan Slow, powerful and almost invulnerable. This way his handlers (in this case bodyguards) follow him into battle. When Aslan attacks a group of enemys he will make them afraid. When he kills most of them, they will flee, making aslan go after them and exiting the battle. Therefore leaving his bodyguards to fight for him. If someone kills him he simply revives. It is a game after all.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Ideas

    No, I say Aslan should not fight period. The only reason he did fight is because Jadis was evil, Narnia was slowly decomposing into nothingness, and only he could kill Jadis.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    My idea: You could make Aslan Slow, powerful and almost invulnerable.
    In the books Aslan is extremely fast and agile. It is doubtful whether Aslan needs to travel in a physical form at all, as at times he appears to be in several places at once and is in the form of a cat at one point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    This way his handlers (in this case bodyguards) follow him into battle.
    One as powerful as Aslan wouldn't need bodyguards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    When Aslan attacks a group of enemys he will make them afraid.
    Naturally, though this would mean the player using Aslan and not a lot else in all battles
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    When he kills most of them, they will flee, making aslan go after them and exiting the battle. Therefore leaving his bodyguards to fight for him. If someone kills him he simply revives. It is a game after all.
    I'm pretty sure that non routing units cannot follow routers and leave the battlefield, that is not how the game works. Aslan would stop at the battlefield perimeter and go no further, and would then turn attack a new target.

    I'm sorry to say it, but that simply won't work in game terms, in terms of accuracy to the Narnia books and in terms of actual gameplay.

    In Vanilla RTW the "barbarian" pagan shrines and clearings would be perfect as "holy sites" associated with Aslan. It would be very good to use these for this purpose. The eastern temples could be used by the Calormenes as temples of Tash. For the Telmarines and Harfang there is no mention of their religion in the books as far as I can remember. Jadis would probably worship none but herself, and her followers, who knows?

  22. #22
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,768

    Smile Re: Ideas

    Re city growth and population

    I don't know whether or not any one has though about this at all but here are my thoughts:

    Growth rate should be almost entirely dependent on trade (I know this is possible as Forth Eorlingas has instituted a similar system) rather than farms and health. To do this I would suggest the keeping of the old market building string but totaly removing farms and replacing them with another economic set. As farms are specific for cultures I think that this should be done so that each faction has an iconic industry that represents the goods that they are famous for producing. (for some this could very well be farming but it would not in itself produce a growth bonus (or only perhaps +1% by the highest tier (I love brackets ))). Imho this would far more realistically portray the growth of a city, prosperous cities after all are the ones which flourish whilst poor cities languish and everybody who can still afford to emigrates.

    Another weakness of the Rome engine is the ridiculously high growth rates of a city that has just been enslaved/exterminated. Imho this whole idea could be tied in with the above by introducing a goverment system (That would also help with the Aor systems). Goverments would give massive increase in tradeable goods bonuses to counteract a hidden negative resource. When you take a city you then have to spend time and money on building a goverment before the trade will start up again. This system would also eliminate AI problems that goverment mods such as EB have had, namely that the goverments appear to the AI to be huge building times for very little benefit. The effect of this has been that they have had to script a building for the AI whenever it takes a city. Using the system i have suggested this problem would be eliminated due to the AI seeing the goverment as a brilliant economic building and eliminating the problem that the AI can very quickly incorporate a city into its empire whilst the player can't.


    P.S. Part 1 (Part 2 and maybe 3 to follow)
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

    Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

    Yous ee gishes?

  23. #23
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe
    Re city growth and population

    I don't know whether or not any one has though about this at all but here are my thoughts:

    Growth rate should be almost entirely dependent on trade (I know this is possible as Forth Eorlingas has instituted a similar system) rather than farms and health. To do this I would suggest the keeping of the old market building string but totaly removing farms and replacing them with another economic set. As farms are specific for cultures I think that this should be done so that each faction has an iconic industry that represents the goods that they are famous for producing. (for some this could very well be farming but it would not in itself produce a growth bonus (or only perhaps +1% by the highest tier (I love brackets ))). Imho this would far more realistically portray the growth of a city, prosperous cities after all are the ones which flourish whilst poor cities languish and everybody who can still afford to emigrates.

    Another weakness of the Rome engine is the ridiculously high growth rates of a city that has just been enslaved/exterminated. Imho this whole idea could be tied in with the above by introducing a goverment system (That would also help with the Aor systems). Goverments would give massive increase in tradeable goods bonuses to counteract a hidden negative resource. When you take a city you then have to spend time and money on building a goverment before the trade will start up again. This system would also eliminate AI problems that goverment mods such as EB have had, namely that the goverments appear to the AI to be huge building times for very little benefit. The effect of this has been that they have had to script a building for the AI whenever it takes a city. Using the system i have suggested this problem would be eliminated due to the AI seeing the goverment as a brilliant economic building and eliminating the problem that the AI can very quickly incorporate a city into its empire whilst the player can't.


    P.S. Part 1 (Part 2 and maybe 3 to follow)

  24. #24
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,768

    Smile Re: Ideas

    Ok here comes part 2:

    Another positive bonus of this system would be that it is necessary to keep trade routes open at all costs, in vanilla a city could be under siege and still making 1000+ per turn through taxes, farming and mining. This would make it much easier to conduct a gerilla campaign and also make naval dominance a very desirable goal (This is historically provable, there are many instances of Britain especially bringing enemies to their knees through economic blockade of ports).

    I think the health bonus buildings should also be converted into a farther string of economic buildings but also provided happiness/law bonuses to counteract squalor (I think that unfortunately it is not possible for trade to be a positive influence on happiness - although it would be perfect if there was a way to do this). These perhaps could be another faction specific thread or a more generic industry. I think taxes are somewhat over powered so if less public order bonus buildings were included this would force the lowering of tax rates to a lesser level.


    P.S. I will try and contact the FOrth Eorlingas team to see if they would share how they have trade dependent growth rates (If nobody else knows)
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

    Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

    Yous ee gishes?

  25. #25
    Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    I live in the world of gaming
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Ideas

    I'm pretty sure that non routing units cannot follow routers and leave the battlefield, that is not how the game works. Aslan would stop at the battlefield perimeter and go no further, and would then turn attack a new target.
    Unleached Dogs persue units in vanilla out of the map.

    One as powerful as Aslan wouldn't need bodyguards.
    Of course not, but it is easier than having invisible handlers.

    Aslan could be use it a Historical Battles then. Like that last one in the Movie.

  26. #26
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,768

    Smile Re: Ideas

    A few more ideas.

    Calormen should have the slave trade for their unique economic building set.

    The Narnia and southern Calormen should have mining for metals. Narnia should also have precious stones.

    Narnia and Archenland should produce large quantities of timber.

    The lone islannds should export fish.

    Southern calormen should export wild animals (lions)


    Each faction should have three or four choices of goverment, whose bonuses are unique, but tendind to the genral patern of:

    Homeland goverment (the best but slow to build and limited in area)
    Conquest goverment (The next best and avalible in all places except for areas which the faction would find hard to subjigate)
    Exploitation goverment (Possibly military exploitation and economic exploitation - cheep and fast to build but low public order)

    If the economic exploitation goverment type for the calormene was made to be slaver goverment then one thread of slave buildings would be possible. These would give very high increase in tradeable goods, but high negative bonuses for just about everything else - population growth, health (the slave trade is not a healthy trade, or not for the slaves) and public order.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

    Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

    Yous ee gishes?

  27. #27
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe
    A few more ideas.

    Calormen should have the slave trade for their unique economic building set.

    The Narnia and southern Calormen should have mining for metals. Narnia should also have precious stones.

    Narnia and Archenland should produce large quantities of timber.

    The lone islannds should export fish.

    Southern calormen should export wild animals (lions)


    Each faction should have three or four choices of goverment, whose bonuses are unique, but tendind to the genral patern of:

    Homeland goverment (the best but slow to build and limited in area)
    Conquest goverment (The next best and avalible in all places except for areas which the faction would find hard to subjigate)
    Exploitation goverment (Possibly military exploitation and economic exploitation - cheep and fast to build but low public order)

    If the economic exploitation goverment type for the calormene was made to be slaver goverment then one thread of slave buildings would be possible. These would give very high increase in tradeable goods, but high negative bonuses for just about everything else - population growth, health (the slave trade is not a healthy trade, or not for the slaves) and public order.
    Thankyou for all your Great ideas , keep them coming

  28. #28
    Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    I live in the world of gaming
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Ideas

    Aslan should be in Historical Battles. Should Arrive late in the ballte where they have almost lost.

  29. #29
    Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    Aslan should be in Historical Battles. Should Arrive late in the ballte where they have almost lost.
    I think having Aslan in historical battles is an exellent idea

  30. #30

    Default Re: Ideas

    Calormenes also worshipped Zardeenah, lady of the night. She was goddess of virgins and darkness.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO