Thread: I've heard of the Naked Civil Servant but...

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Default I've heard of the Naked Civil Servant but...

Mr Ambassador, you are really spoiling us.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Israel recalls 'naked ambassador'

Israel has recalled its ambassador to El Salvador after he was found drunk and naked apart from bondage gear.

Reports say he was able to identify himself to police only after a rubber ball had been removed from his mouth.

A foreign ministry official described Ambassador Tzuriel Refael's behaviour as an unprecedented embarrassment.

The incident, which happened two weeks ago, has renewed calls for a radical overhaul of the way Israel appoints and promotes its diplomats.

San Salvador was Mr Refael's first post as ambassador. He was promoted in 2006 from a technical position in the ministry which had involved several foreign postings.

He was being recalled, although he had not broken any laws, foreign ministry spokeswoman Zehavit Ben-Hillel told reporters.

She confirmed that lurid reports of the incident in the Israeli press were accurate.

"We're talking about behaviour that is unbecoming of a diplomat," she said.

Israel has been rocked by a recent series of misconduct and corruption scandals, shaking public confidence in the political leadership.

Haaretz website reports that police found Mr Refael in the Israeli embassy compound where he had been found bound, gagged and naked apart from sado-masochistic sex accessories.

In 2006, Israel's diplomatic service was criticised by the public watchdog for its appointments system.

The state comptroller's report singled out the foreign ministry appointments committee for its inadequate examination of candidates and lack of transparency.

I imagine he'll be bound over to keep the peace.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Default Re: I've heard of the Naked Civil Servant but...

I wonder if the boys had a quick whip-round to mark his departure.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Its quite embarrassing to the State isn't it... more so then suicide bombers are.

Maybe terrorists will start to wine and dine diplomats. Get them drunk, then dress them in bondage gear... then release them, but demand payment for the photo negatives.

It would work on most governments... bar the Japanese, French and Aussies.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

So whenever the Israeli government says their hands are tied, this is what they mean.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Member Member Beren Son Of Barahi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    Its quite embarrassing to the State isn't it... more so then suicide bombers are.

Maybe terrorists will start to wine and dine diplomats. Get them drunk, then dress them in bondage gear... then release them, but demand payment for the photo negatives.

It would work on most governments... bar the Japanese, French and Aussies.
    Good point, we would most then likey holding him up as a hero of sorts, you know a diplomat that is willing to get all tired up in the details but who can still have a good time, and that doesn't talk too much.
    The true test of a man is not at his great moment, but at his weakest point. -me

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

And would have their own float at Mardi Gra...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

I wonder where he was found. It's odd how he was left in bondage. Whoever did that was certainly careless.
    Wooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka_Khan
    I wonder where he was found. It's odd how he was left in bondage. Whoever did that was certainly careless.
    Or thought it was funny. Which it was.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

I heard they found him in a Man U top, but said it was bondage gear to save him embarrassment.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Marcus Arbaces Alexandros Member Arbaces's Avatar

All I can say is: LOL