Thread: Help with shield wall modding

Default Help with shield wall modding

Well I have installed EB with BI and I have manually added shield wall to overshoulder phalanx. Very cool and effective phalanx now. I can now play as Spartans . The problem is that in the UI although the button is fully functional there is no icon for the shield wall on/off. Which files should I transfer from Bi folder to EB in order to see the icons in the UI?
    Thanks a lot

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Help with shield wall modding

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    "battlepage_03.tga" from \bi\data\ui\[culture]\interface; copy/paste over the equivalents in the appropriate EB folders (ie. \EB\data\ui\[culture]\interface). Mentioned in the "EB with BI.exe" thread in the Unofficial Mods subforum IIRC.

And backup the originals of course. Always backup the originals, just because.
    ...to quote myself. Albeit I wasn't able to find where it was mentioned with a cursory search.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Thanks my friend

HI Blingerman.
    I read your old post, and i am a bit confused. you wrote:
    ''added shield wall to overshoulder phalanx''

AFAIK it is possible to have only 2 formations. So this means you deleted 'square' and added 'shield_wall' ?

and 'overshoulder phalanx' has a particular meaning? are there different phalanxes?

THX
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)