Thread: Can replace Kensai sprite with No-Dachi one?

Exclamation Can replace Kensai sprite with No-Dachi one?

Hi all!

I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the original Kensai sprite (I mean, of course, the one used in the battlefield screen) with the normal No-Dachi one (I don't like it very much and it seems a bit unnatural to me to see such a giant walking around...).

I'm almost sure it can be done (the "Naginata patch" did the same with Naginata inf), but I don't want to screw something up; so, is there someone who can tell me which files should I replace in order to have that new-Kensai look?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: Can replace Kensai sprite with No-Dachi one?

You the the icon at the bottom of the screen while in a battle? I have no idea how to change those, sorry

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Titan79,

It's in Textures\Men. The Kensai is using the NoDa animations (same as No-Dachi). I recall that the size of the unit is dictated by the unitstat in MTW (x% * animation). That is hardcoded in STW MI. Barocca basically replaced the animation with another one for the naginata.

In STW there was a naginata and a spearsamurai animation. In MI they became one animation but there were two weapons. There was also a directory Spears that had subfolders for the different spear units. Those contain textfiles with coordinates for spearunits. The naginata and the spearsamurai used the same animation but different weapons. Barocca 'cramped' the original naginata unit in the animation and could update the coordinates in those spearfiles.

The difference between the nodachi and the kensai is just the size of the man, there's not such a construction required as described above, there's probably only a x value hardcoded in the stats. So, I'm afraid you are stuck with it. Changing the kensai will change the nodachi too. Maybe someone knows a trick though.

You may try the Samurai mod for MTW? The Kensai looks like a normal nodachi there, but can be changed to something entirely different if you wish so.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Thanks, TosaInu. I thought that it would be sufficient to overwrite the kensai directory with the no-dachi one, but now I'm glad I didn't (well, of course I could make a backup, first).

I'm sorry to read there seems to be no solution to this "problem"... anyway, no need to complain: S-WE remains a great game even with the "oversized" sword saint!