Thread: The explorers guild

Default The explorers guild

Well i got some territories about 15. I dont got too many cuz i am more of an empire builder. The point is that explorers guild asked me for a guild in makarakesh i accepted then the master explorers guild but now here is the question what does it gives anything good¿?

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Default Re: The explorers guild

Pirated from DaveyBaby's guide:

Explorer's Guild
    City based guild providing (according to export_descr_buildings.txt)… absolutely nothing in terms of settlement or unit bonuses.

However, according to in game text this guild improves trade, and increases unit movement – but exactly how, and how much, is currently unknown (probably via the addition of ancillaries, below).

In order to attract this guild, train merchants, build shipbuilding and merchant’s wharf series of buildings, and explore far away from your capital with your fleets.

Guild LevelBasicMastersHQ
    RequirementsCity with 150 Guild PointsLarge City with 250 Guild PointsHuge City with 500 Guild Points
    Settlement BonusTrade Bonus (?)Trade Bonus (?)Trade Bonus (?)
    Faction-wide BonusAncillaries (see below)Ancillaries (see below)Ancillaries (see below)
    Units---
    Ancillaries:
    When a General ends his turn in a settlement with any level of explorer’s guild, they have a 5% chance to gain an “Intrepid Explorer” ancillary (+15% Movement, +1 Line of Sight).

When an Admiral is created in a settlement with any level of explorer’s guild, they have a 33% chance to gain a “Naval Navigator” ancillary (+1 Command, +10% Movement, +1 Line of Sight).

When a settlement completes any level of explorer’s guild, between turns 208 and 225, the settlement governor will gain the “Amerigo Vespucci” ancillary (+15% Movement, +3 Line of Sight, +10 Trading).

When a character ends a turn more than 60 units away from their capital, and the faction has an explorer’s guild (any level) between turns 102 and 122, they have a 5% chance of gaining the “Marco Polo” ancillary (+15% movement, +10 trading) (does not apply to muslim factions).

When a character ends a turn more than 40 units away from their capital, and the faction has an explorer’s guild (any level) between turns 205 and 225, they have a 33% chance of gaining the “Vasco de Gama” ancillary (+15% movement, +10 trading).

To Gain Explorer’s Guild Points:
    Train merchants: +10 settlement
    Build shipbuilding buildings: +15/20/25/30 settlement, +0/0/2/5 others
    Build merchants wharf series: +20/25/30 settlement, +0/2/5 others
    Fleet distance from capital 50-99: +3 all settlements
    Fleet distance from capital >100 : +5 all settlements
    Succeed/Fail Explorer guild mission: +/-30 all settlements

Note that fleet distances are related to the admiral of your fleet, not the number of ships in it. It is unknown as yet whether splitting a fleet into individual ships (thus increasing the number of admirals) will increase your bonus or not. Possibly the game only counts ranked admirals (those that will not share command when merging fleets) to avoid this potential exploit.

Welcome to the .Org as well Alex. In the future, don't be shy about using that "Search" button when you need info like this.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Check out Daveybaby's guide to guilds:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=75649

Should tell you as much as anyone knows about whatever guild(s) you desire.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

thxthx thx