Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ProblemFixer Pure V1.13

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

Default Re: ProblemFixer Pure V1.13

Updated link with the working .bat file in it is now up. If you have any issues, don't hesitate to post.
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

Thank You very much, Carl. Looking forward to playing with your mod.
    And Sinan, thank you again.
    It's better to do and die, than die and don't

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

My pleasure, anytime, guys. Let me know how it goes.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

Thanks you both!
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

A little feedback.

I've haved played with your mod now for some days. I have mostly played a Danish Campaign, being so well into it, so I haven't started a new campaign with it. It's working great, the unit tweaks makes for a lot more interesting challenge, and my "Obudshaer" are finally up to the task.
    One point though. When I got to the New world for the first time, I met eagle warriors. 31 attack? and AP? Thats a lot, especially since I'm playing on huge.
    120 of those make a serious dent in my modern armies, considering they're armed with wooden clubs with volcanic glass.
    And something else, what have been done with Arquebusiers, they seem underperforming.

But all in all, great job and great fun, can't wait to win with my Danes to start my favorite part, the early beginnings of a campaign.

I've haved played with your mod now for some days. I have mostly played a Danish Campaign, being so well into it, so I haven't started a new campaign with it. It's working great, the unit tweaks makes for a lot more interesting challenge, and my "Obudshaer" are finally up to the task.
    Glad your enjoying it. Obudshaer's are pretty uber though. they may get a slight Nerf next time as i'm finding them not 100% balanced as the opposing player facing them ATM. SO be warned.

One point though. When I got to the New world for the first time, I met eagle warriors. 31 attack? and AP? Thats a lot, especially since I'm playing on huge.
    120 of those make a serious dent in my modern armies, considering they're armed with wooden clubs with volcanic glass.
    I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's something CA has done with all Aztec units. they're all stupidly good for what you'd expect from their armaments. It's because M2TW can't handle the necessary number of men in game to handle it through sheer numbers as was historically the case.

And something else, what have been done with Arquebusiers, they seem under-performing.
    All gunpowder units before had a 100% accuracy, (or near 100%), at all ranges. other missile units actually go less accurate at long ranges and more at short ranges. I've altered all gunpowder units to match, this does make them a Little less powerful, but makes more sense IMHO, it's a really odd thing with them being like that, and with their huge attack it isn't like they absolutely need them. If you find them underpowered though, let me know, I can get around it AFAIK without giving them fixed accuracy, I just wanted to try them without other buffs first.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

Oh noes! the nerf bat!
    The Obudshaer were my pride and joy, held off the Tim's nicely.
    I have since mowed on, started up a new Campaign as the Poles.
    Bit slow start, as I like it, and so far looking to be a fun campaign.

As to the Aztecs. I can see the argument, but it's still kind of silly.

I understand the gunpowder fix, but it might be slightly heavy, they don't really kill anything anymore. I still like them for the fireworks and smoke,
    But it's frustrasting watching volley after volley bounce off naked indians.

But loving your work, and thank you for the reply.

Oh noes! the Nerf bat!
    The Obudshaer's were my pride and joy, held off the Tim's nicely.
    I have since mowed on, started up a new Campaign as the Poles.
    Bit slow start, as I like it, and so far looking to be a fun campaign.
    , it's a general problem with all the spearwall equipped 2-handers TBH. It's just Obudshaer's are the best of the bunch and it's therefore more glaringly obvious. Mainly their much more resistant to missiles whilst still being nasty in melee, and their high Armour makes them difficult to kill even WITH flank attacks.

As to the Aztecs. I can see the argument, but it's still kind of silly.
    Yeah, your not the only person to say that. A lot of people in vanilla where saying the same when they first encountered the Aztecs. The problem is that CA have left me with no ways to fix the issue.

I understand the gunpowder fix, but it might be slightly heavy, they don't really kill anything anymore. I still like them for the fireworks and smoke,
    But it's frustrating watching volley after volley bounce off naked Indians.
    It's easy to fix, just increase the base squad size from 48 to 60. Instant 25% increase in firepower.

The next version will also include some morale and fatigue changes that i developed for my Rebuild-ProblemFixer, these will make gunpowder units significantly better as well.

Just a quick update, i'm going to start serious work on V1.15 shortly. Probably not tommorow, (out), but within the next couple of days.

A small question, possible oversight.

Spear militia for the english and other northern european nations still have 3 armor and 4 defence skill instead of 1 skill and 6 shield.

Is this intentional?

Oversight, thanks for spotting that and pointing it out.

You are too lazy Carl :D

I want to download your fıxer... ADN please add her to Moddb. Don't worry, you have permission.

(I can't download from FileFront. :D)

(I'm sorry for this)

Carl;

I can find another host If you don't like Moddb. Just let me know :).

(I'm sorry for this)

Carl;

I can find another host If you don't like Moddb. Just let me know :).
    Hi, I decided I was going to leave it till I got 1.15 up and then put it up their as 1.15 was about to be started. It's now complete apart from a look at Halberds, and a look to see if i can't do something with the new 2-hander animations. However I've got a bad browser Hijacker that none of my scans are catching.

That means:

1. I can't upload it for fear of giving people viruses.

2. I can't access most sites as I need a direct link to a site to even access it. (i.e. favorites or the FileFront link at the top of this thread).

Anything I can do to help ?

Not right now, (but many thanks for the offer). I just need to keep plugging away at it till I find the anwser. I daren't even send you a file for scanning as i've got a hell of a lot of diffrent anti-spyware and anti-virus stuff including Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG, and Hijak this + Windows Defender and none of them are catching it.

Thanks for the offer though.

Pleasure. Do you have Ghost ? If you have a restore prior to the hijack it might help ? I don't know personally but I just thuoght of that as I heard others saying it's good for this kind of thing, instead of reinstalling Windows (which is what a n00b like me would have done).

Sadly not, I've ben meaning to try and get a restore program for ages with littile luck as until very recently i haven't been able to afford to pay for it.

I should be able to clear it eventaully, it'll just take a bit of time.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting this mod to work, and I'm assuming it's because I run the game from Steam. I installed it just like I was supposed to, but none of the fixes work (or, if they do, I can't tell just by looking at the game, so I'm going by the turn number in game, which should be a year now). Do I need to set something in the launch options properties of the game, like "-pfp on" or something?

edit: Nevermind. I found the line of code I needed in a thread for another mod, and just changed it so that it pointed at the PFP CFG. It seems to work, although I haven't noticed any improvement in pike performance (although maybe tercio pikemen just can't hang, even if you do take away their swords).
    Last edited by CMcMahon; 06-05-2007 at 15:01.

I'm enjoying the mod very much, so my comments are more like suggestions for future versions.

Is there an issue with guilds? I always get masons guild offered now, and often explorers guild. On the other hand I never get the thieves guild. This is bad since spies were made weaker in 1.2.

It's obviously hard to tweak this just right, but imho it would be nice if thieves guild got a little boost.

I like the part about only one thief and one assassin for each building, but unfortunately that only makes the problem bigger.

Hi guys, I haven't been around for a few days, still trying to tackle the spyware issue with Little success, I also got a new book that I've been reading and the odd RL thing came up. Been a busy week in other words.

First, thanks for the Thieves guild and Masons Guild comments, I'll look into that for the next release as well as some more EDB changes i'm planning, (enabling all the non-merc custom battle units for each faction and giving the Papal States a better tech tree.).

@CMcMahon: Sorry for not getting back sooner, I noticed it the day you posted, it was just a bit late and I was a bit tired at the time so i figured I'd have a think on it in the morning and I've got sidetracked. Glad you figured it out though, useful info to have.

edit: Never-mind. I found the line of code I needed in a thread for another mod, and just changed it so that it pointed at the PFP CFG. It seems to work, although I haven't noticed any improvement in pike performance (although maybe tercio pikemen just can't hang, even if you do take away their swords).
    You'll get the best performance out of them by taking them out of guard mode.

If you want to confirm it's working correctly, just start a custom battle and look at Scotland's unit roster, the attack of Highland Nobles should be 20 something, and they should have an "effective vs. Armour" line in their abilities list.
    Last edited by Carl; 06-09-2007 at 14:13.

I thought it wasn't working because I'd copied my old saves to the PFP folder, ad the dates aren't fixed in those. y Scottish game is all good, though/

Creator of the Medmod for M:TW Member WesW's Avatar

The newest link to Filefront doesn't work.
    I got what I guess is the 1.13 version, where you manually paste in the files to the SEGA folder. From reading the posts, I'm confused as to whether or not this really has everything that 1.14 contains, just without the auto-installer.
    Wes Whitaker's Total Modification site:

I'll re-do the link, thanks for letting me know it's down, and 1.13 is not compatible with the latest patch so you'll need 1.14 when I get the link back up.

Link sorted, 1.15 is getting their now that i have the spyware issue fixed, (got it with a spybot update earlier today, some sort of video codec, (WTF?)).

undoubtedly from all the pr0n.

;)

Eargerly awaiting 1.21.
    Last edited by Kraggenmor; 06-15-2007 at 19:31.

"No swords for you wannabes! Get back to poking!"
    - Dopp -

I have been working on some improvements to the diplomatic standing file, and I may add some stuff to the AI db. I think these would make a good addition to this mod. Once I test it out some, would you be interested in looking over the files and including them with your mod? I have come up with some stuff that I think will be a big improvement to some of the most frustrating aspects of diplomacy.
    Your work, along with the Traits mod, reminds me so much of what I did with the first version of the Medmod four years ago. It's nice to see someone else willing to dig around and experiment and try and make the basic game better.

Also, is it possible to mod the ancillary triggers? I can't find anything on them.

Finally, is the guy who made the Traits mod still working? I went through that file over the weekend, and there are a few dozen traits and triggers that I think could be improved. If that part of the mod is static, I could send you my changes, along with an itemized list of what I changed so we could discuss it.

@WesW: Send it along, it's more likliy to see use in Rebuild-ProblemFixer due to the more subjective nature of things. I just need to get hold of my testers again:p.

Sorry for the slow prgress guys, I've just recently got into online gaming so i'd put work aside for a bit.

Off the top of my head the things left to do are:

Add the custom battle only units to each faction that dosen't get them in the campaign.

Look at 2-handers

Look at pikes

Hope that helps everyone.

Did some of the Rebuild files get mixed in with the Bugfixer mod when you posted the fixed link? For example, Ballistas don't affect Walls anymore, and Spies are limited to one per Brothel. I actually agree with the changes, though I would suggest some alterations:
    -Reduce Ballista upkeep to 75 or so, since they are now only a field unit.
    -Reduce by one the city and castle level needed to produce siege buildings, and reduce their costs to 1,000, 2,000 and 4,000, respectively.
    -Also, I recommend reducing Catapult upkeep to 100, and Treb to 150. (The vanilla levels are ridiculous, and hurt the AI since it builds so many of them.)
    -For the Brothel line of buildings, I recommend changing them to allow the following number of spies/assassins per level: 2/0, 3/2, 4/3, 5/3 & 6/3. (With the bad traits which this line of buildings can bring to Generals, you don't want them everywhere. I think this setup encourages specialization and compromise.)

The changes to Guilds is working very well. I have been offered every type so far, and I have found every type among AI cities that I have taken, except for Thieves and Assassins, but including Master Merchant Guilds. Very good work here.
    It would be very helpful to have a guide as to the benefits of the Guilds, so as to know which is best for a given city.

There seems to be some sort of bug, though, with St. John's Chapter Houses, and perhaps with the others. Specifically, when retraining non-cavalry units, you are charged the same as if a Swordsmith is present, even though there is no benefit given.

Btw, it seems to me that the amount charged for the Swordsmith enhancement is too much for its benefit. It seems the cost was not lowered when CA decided to the units' base stats. Better yet, increase the Guild's effect to 2 or 3 pts.

I have been working on the Faction Standing modifications and playtesting them over the last few weeks. I think I can send you the file in the next week or so.

Finally, I read Orientis' Trait mod thread, and he stopped working on it before the 2nd patch. Someone posted in saying that it was out-of-date, since CA made some changes to the Trait file. Did you integrate his changes with the updated vanilla file? Also, do you know if the anti-trait bug with Dread and Chivalry was fixed in the patch?

Ackhhh, thanks for the catch WesW I didn't intend to integrate the ballista change into PFP, I integrated the Ribualt changes though and must have done the ballista change by accident.

Good thoughts otherwise

Glad you like the guilds.

I'll look into the guild bug for you as well.

Ok on the file.

And yes I have updated the traits fixes for the new file and the patch did fix the chiv/dread bug AFAIK.

Just for those wondering, my absence around here has been related to my decision to release a Company of Heroes version of PFP. As with this, the original PFP it's grown to be a bigger commitment than was intended. I should have V1.2 of that out within a week or two, (it’s the AI that is the issue ATM), and then I should be able to get back to my M2TW PFP.

I’ve still not been able to find a satisfactory solution to the 2-hander animation issue, but apart from that and the bugs WesW has found it’s ready to go. I know I’ve said that a lot but each time I think I’m their I get another idea or I get something else to change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast