Thread: Hannibal and the Veterans of Italy.

Default Hannibal and the Veterans of Italy.

After his years of campaign in Italy, Hannibal was recalled by the Carthaginian senate to defend his homeland and met Scipio on the plains of Zama leading a ragtag army composed of local citizens and veterans from his Italian campaigns.

Now the veterans are said to look a lot like the Romans in equipment and many of them were Bruttians who had lost their land.

My question is if this units could be in between those veterans or they have an error in timeframe.

1. Elite African Infantry
    2. Iberian Assault Infantry
    3. Loricatii Scutarii
    4. Neitos

This Carthaginian units look a lot like Romans in equipmet, but are they from or after the Second Punic War? I specially have my doubt about the Neitos because the description they get.

Default Re: Hannibal and the Veterans of Italy.

can someone help me plz?

As I recall, the Neitos are just late-period Celtic heavy shock infantry, so technically they are quite out of timeframe I believe, its just that EB team can't make the regional MICS that recruit Gallic units follow the Gallic reforms so you get them whenever you build an L4 in an appropriate location. I would guess that the Bruttians would be most like the Iberian Assault or Elite Africans in equipment, and both are correct for the timeframe, with the Iberian Assault even being mentioned as created by Hannibal because of a deficiency in his Italic troops. While I'm sure the Elite Africans were around earlier than the 2nd Punic War I'm also fairly positive that Hannibal probably used the largest batch of them, since I gather they were rather rare to begin with.
    I can't help you as much with the Scutarii, but I alwasy thought that was their traditional getup, since the Romans had to encounter them and their shield (the scutum) before they became named as such.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Thanks a lot dude.

By the way the battle of Zama is almost ready and I will upload it soon. I ommited the Neitos and instead used Enoci Curoas ;)

The beta of the battle of Zama with the veterans of Hannibal is ready for the enjoy of all in the unofficial mod thread.