Thread: A modest proposal

Default A modest proposal

Since Myrdraal earlier said that something was going to be released for RTW, I'm wondering, how much is still unfinished (of that that is going to be released). I assume skins for lots of units, unfortunately something I can't help with. I could perhaps help and tweak unit cost and effectiveness and that sort of thing that can be done with simple text editing, but unfortunately not much more.

However one idea I had, release something with a bunch of placeholder units where needed (using vanilla skins and/or those from those that are finished). Hopefully that might make some more people interested in helping out to finish it, just remember to make it clear that it is still very much not finished. And as far as the campaign:

-The Rand Era should be dropped, only bother with the early pre-Aiel War start.

-Don't include the Blight, don't even include the Borderlands, northern edge of map can be the northernmost point of Arad Doman and a straight line to the east. The main reason is, the Borderlands will hardly work with the RTW diplomatic ai, and assuming that all trollocs deciding to die just as Aes Sedai diplomacy goes completely FUBAR (since it is going to deteroriate into Total War ) seems to unlikely.

- Only have the real nations as factions, that is Cairhien, Andor, Tear, Illian, Murandy, Altara, Ghealdan, Amadicia, Tarabon and Arad Doman. Not Mayene or Tar Valon or such.

- Aiel may included or they may not, I would say do not include them (yet), but this depends on how much work has been made on them.

- As objectives for countries (here assuming BI), X provinces including cap and:
    - Cairhien: Aringill, Caemlyn and the province north of Kinslayers Dagger
    - Andor: Cairhien & Lugard
    - Tear: Mayene & Illian
    - Illian: Ebou Dar, Lugard & Tear
    - Murandy: All of Murandy, some central Andoran province(s)
    - Altara: All of Altara, possibly also Amador
    - Ghealdan: No idea, Amador?
    - Amadicia: Tar Valon (put an end to those darkfriend witches)
    - Tarabon and Arad Doman: Almoth Plain and Toman Head

Everything is of course just a suggestion.
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Default Re: A modest proposal

Only have the "real factions" sorry but Mayene and Tar Valon are real factions with very important roles and distinguished units. No myd if your still alive.. lol i think you should leave the borderlands in considering I know you had a trolloc skin idk what has happened since then considering its been a long time since ive given my perspective.

The Pale Horseman Member Galagros's Avatar

Yeah ... I'd love to see this mod get released, but I wouldn't want something that was just thrown together. But if a decent Beta could just be reached, I'm sure it would be very popular.
    Favorite Authors (At the Moment)
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by CrownOfSwords
    Only have the "real factions" sorry but Mayene and Tar Valon are real factions with very important roles and distinguished units. No myd if your still alive.. lol i think you should leave the borderlands in considering I know you had a trolloc skin idk what has happened since then considering its been a long time since ive given my perspective.
    Unless the Borderlands (and Shadow) are practically finished, I don't think they should go in to begin with as anything more then possibly a few factions only available in custom battles, but that is just what I think. And I think I should have written it "real" countries, not city-states. Mayene and Tar Valon are just city-states that atleast to begin with IMO should be represented by independents, just like Far Madding and Falme. They could be made factions later on.

@Galagros: I think we all agree on that one.

Now as for the question, how much is "finished"? IIRC Illian was practically finished. We know a few units have been made here and there. Altara & Murandy both have their pikemen done (and the Murandian one could work well as placeholder for all factions not having recieved their real pikemen yet). But what else? Could Myrdraal or anyone else in the team give us some sort of status report on all factions on roughly how large part of their units that have been made?
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Well when i was helping with the mod some 2 years ago.. lol we had an alright trolloc skin and an aiel skin. I totally agree even a half ass beta would be really popular with anyone who loves WOT and dreams of smashing some trolloc skulls :P idk I wish someone would get on MTW 2 and make a map and really just rename alot of the units considering many of the units are very close to what is in WOT like seriously even alot of the factions are themed the same way

English -> Andor
    Spain - Tear
    Mayene - portugal
    Milan - Illian
    Murandy - Venice
    Ghealdan - Sicily
    Tar Valon - Papal States
    Poland - Arad Doman
    Hungary - Saldaea
    France - Cairhien
    Shienar - Germany

I mean alot of these are interchangable but you have to see what I mean tons and tons of the units are there already, and im sure you could get even closer if someone would just retexture the units to fit the nation. Damn I want a WOT mod

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I want one too... Would be so cool.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Sorry fellows. There's not going to be much in the version that's going to be released. It's going to be a really small custom battle mod with just a few factions. Atleast from how things are at the moment. I'm trying to piece together it all while waiting for some new models from Myrddraal. But we will release something.