Thread: Border forts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's with them.. just because there is one little tower along a border, an honour 5 ninja can't get in.... what's with that? also, a ninja that is already IN the province gets captured and killed when the enemy builds a fort, even though he is already in the province..
    Chaos is born from order.
    Cowardice is born from bravery.
    Weakness is born from strength.
    -Sun Tzu

Senior Member Senior Member ShaiHulud's Avatar

Irving... No matter how many you send in at once, only one will get caught in a season by
    border forts. Try sending a group. Maybe they'll get him by to do the dastardly deed.

------------------
    Wind fells blossoms, rain
    fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks
    O stranger, Go tell the Spartans that we lie here, obedient to their will.....

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Ahh the borderfort blues.The only way to get by them is to avoid them.Use an emissary to scout ahead of your ninja to find the borderforts.You really have to stalk your target and look for borderforts in adjoining provinces of your intended victim because if he moves,and the AI generals tend to move a lot,your ninja will follow right into the trap.The real pisser is that the high honor AI ninja's,6-7 honor,can sneak by your borderforts,but your 6-7 honor ninja gets caught everytime.A nice little advantage for the AI over the human player.Frustrating isn't it?A nice challenge though,I don't want it too easy,and it is definitely sweet when you succeed and take down a Daimyo or high honor general.Solypsist started a thread
    on his tactics with ninja and it is an excellent guide.Do a thread search and read it,should help you do better.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

HAHA Shai,you beat me by seconds.I didn't think about sending a herd,gaggle?No a murder
    (LOL) of ninja.They only get caught one per season,but in what order?The 1st one you moved in that territory gets caught first maybe?If so make sure the first one isn't your best.Good to have you back BTW.
    Tito
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Thanx, Tito! Btw, it may be that the AI is NOT going thru your border forts, but around. The AI uses port movement for ninja!
    I recall reading that here a good while back.

I'm certain that a group of shinobi offer good protection. I've killed multiples of ninja in the same season/same province with a group of shinobi.

Anyway, I haven't used assassination for a long time so I can't say which is chosen to die. I NEVER had a honor above 3 when I did use ninja. They had this distressing tendency of dying while killing nobodies I targeted to build them up.

Nowadays I'm more in need of troops when I play and can't afford a ninja house (whatever they are called, hehe) til the point where I no longer need them. I don't build border forts...same reason. I hardly even get to use guns! Tried going Christian for a change and didn't like it. Arqs are too poor for the expenditure and by the time I could build musks the Dutch are arrived. (geez! is that old guy on speed or does he always ramble that way? hehe)
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by ShaiHulud (edited 04-13-2001).]

Yeah I remember reading that too.I always try to surround my Daimyo and heirs with at least 4 shinobi,but once and a while a ninja sneaks through.I never tried that code that lets you see the whole map at once,does it show enemy ninja and shinobi?
    Tito

Tito.. Yes, .matteosartori. shows them all. I use it when playing as Ronin cuz a lot of the time you have nothing at all to do till attacked. Guess you and I are just sitting here posting at each other, eh? lol!

------------------

Yes ShaiHulud going christian doesn't have enough advantages, i Know it slows me down. But i sure enjoyed seeing my priests get blowed away by the Ai ninja's. I must have a grudge against priests from my chilhood or something.

Bear.. hehe... Discussing politics and religion can start unseemly debates here. lol

------------------

To be honest i'm not sure if it's the priest getting killed, the small screem before the explosion or the wall blowing off, that i like the most...............Nah, it's the priest.

I haven't killed a priest yet; no other hordes take them; how do you get the other hordes to get them????

We have no control over the other's clan decision to go christian or not, but sometimes it happens (maybe in 3 or 4 games that i played out of twenty-five/Thirty). But YOU can decide to go christian by accepting a trade agreement with the portuguese, buil a trading post, a church, then priests etc... Then send your priests on Ai clans territory and watch Your Priests get killed by the Ai Ninjas (or you can access your game files and watch all the cut scenes).