Thread: EB Victory Conditions

Default EB Victory Conditions

I am presently playing Baktria but would like most specific info on the Victory Conditions for this faction. Under the obvious Victory Conditions map, I see a large blue blob covering the eastern portion of the Asian mainland. Is their any info on specific cities or areas that are required to trigger the game's Victory Condition? Any help would be very appreciated.

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Default Re: EB Victory Conditions

Klick on the question mark at the right hand top of the victory conditions submenu. It should highlight all the required cities on the campaign map. Repeat to turn of the highlighting.
    When you do this not only will the game highlight the settlements you must take but the advisor will also pop up with a list of the settlements you must hold or conquer.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Well I, was showing this mod to a frend, a jang interesant in history, and as I show him the VC for Parthia, he sayd that he would want to know why you included cities outside the historical parthia?
    And he would want to know if there is a way to modify VC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    Well I, was showing this mod to a frend, a jang interesant in history, and as I show him the VC for Parthia, he sayd that he would want to know why you included cities outside the historical parthia?
    And he would want to know if there is a way to modify VC?
    Historically the Parthians wanted to occupy all of the former Achaimenid holdings,-and they actually did it, for a couple of years, when they gave shelter to a renegade Roman General. He conquered almost all of todays' Turkey before being killed. In the east, they went for India, conquering the part of the map you see, and also some of which you don't. It didn't last long as Kushans came calling in, but it happened.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

I thought all factions were 'required' to conquer a worldsize empire about the size of good ol' Roman Empire. The Parthians were a large empire at it's peak; but perhaps just nog large enough to WIN THE CAMPAIGN.
    -Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre; Mod sceal þe mare þe ure mægen lytlað

Yeah, all the greek factions have to rule all of alexanders old empire, which they never did.
    Although parthia is one of the winners, they still wanted more.

And, what about changing the VC? can that be done?
    And for the Pahlava VC, I think, he didn't quit understand, the nort settelments, but i think it's, because they are nomads, relativ tu the Pahlava.
    (but would like to know the exact reason for the settelments to bz a part of the VC)

And, what about changing the VC? can that be done?
    And for the Pahlava VC, I think, he didn't quit understand, the nort settelments, but i think it's, because they are nomads, relativ tu the Pahlava.
    (but would like to know the exact reason for the settelments to bz a part of the VC)
    It can be done, but you have to change a lot of things, but I have no idea. It certainly isn't something for the new to modding. Our scripter could probably tell you more.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

If you want ta have a look at the victory conditions, open the EBBS in the EB/Data/scripts/show_me/ folder and search for Section 5b . The victory conditions are in the following format:
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType spain
    and CharacterIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid = 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt = 0
    and I_SettlementOwner Emain_Macha = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Ivernis = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Burdigala = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Tolosa = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Tyde = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Pallantia = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Vellika = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Emporion = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Numantia = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Oxtraca = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Arse = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Baikor = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Mastia = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Bocchoris = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Gader = spain
    and I_SettlementOwner Sucum-Murgi = spain
    and Trait ConqueredLemonum > 0
    and Trait ConqueredAvaricum > 0
    and Trait ConqueredGergovia > 0
    and Trait ConqueredMassalia > 0
    and Trait ConqueredSegesta > 0
    and Trait ConqueredArretium > 0
    and Trait ConqueredRome > 0
    and Trait ConqueredTingis > 0
    and Trait ConqueredSiga > 0
    and Trait ConqueredIppone > 0
    and Trait ConqueredKart_Hadast > 0
    and I_CompareCounter victory = 0
    A brief walk-through:
    -I_NumberSettlements FactionX = 0 requires the faction in question destroyed.
    -I_SettlementOwner SettlementY = yourfaction requires you owning the settlement. Note that this condition requires the internal settlement tag that may be different from the visible name of the settlement.
    -Trait Z > 0 requires certain traits; in this case these traits are used to store the information whether or not some raiding target has been raided.
    -Don't touch the I_CompareCounter, or the others after the conditions.

This all is quite trivial - we can use a bit more complex conditions, but they may require additional monitors and other stuff. Do backup, though.

The Mark presented You mechanics that makes VC work. But dont expect that flashing cities will show You modified VC after You change section mentioned by The Mark.
    This is done by other script.

Simulation Monkey Member The_Mark's Avatar

Nor the spanking victory conditions map in your faction scroll modified

The victory conditions for the Pahlava have been updated since 0.81a.
    Last edited by Atilius; 04-10-2007 at 15:34.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Just wondering.... which is the most "Persian" faction? Pontos or Parthia? (Maybe even AS? )

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarAugustus
    Just wondering.... which is the most "Persian" faction? Pontos or Parthia? (Maybe even AS? )
    I would say Pontos kinda, though they were sort of a Greek/Persian Hybrid Kingdom.

Hey, I'm trying to change the victory conditions, (just making a submod for personal fun). I was wondering if the AI actually tries to achieve the VCs. They really don't seem to.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB Victory Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by d35966n View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to change the victory conditions, (just making a submod for personal fun). I was wondering if the AI actually tries to achieve the VCs. They really don't seem to.
    Hello d35966n, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

As far as I know, the A.I. isn't "aware" of the EB victory conditions. There is a "victory conditions" submod that tells the A.I. to preferentially target these cities, though. Check it out in the submod forum, and then adjust your own EB to suit your new victory conditions.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks man! I will.