Thread: Ancient Warfare Artists

Default Ancient Warfare Artists

Could anyone tell me of some ancient warfare artists, I know of one: Angus McBride, but I would like some more artists who drew pictures of ancient warriors/soldiers/battle scenes etc, for my Art project.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Ancient Warfare Artists

Michael Gorelik for one. Or at least his drawings of late Migrations steppe warriors and their gear in Companion to Medieval Arms and Armour are quite impressive.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Ok I'll check him out after I've finished another essay, any sites with a gallery of his pictures, or will google images get me good pictures?

This site has plenty of pictures, some of which may be useful:

http://www.cranston-military-prints.co.uk/

Thank you very much for the site and help. It covers all both ancient warfare and modern which are two aspects of the project.

Can anybody tell me some more artists? There's a painting in the historical battle screen of a large battle scene with elephants: any body know who drew this painting and who it's by?

A long time ago (), we had a guy on the team who was going to compose our soundtrack. Maybe two years ago? Well he never got around to doing it, and eventually just faded away, but he did tell us one day that he had a friend who would like to do some art for us. He submitted a battle scene with elepants, but they were huge, way too big, and we asked him to tone down the size on them and we would use it. Our composer friend told us the guy (artist) was really persnickety though and didn't take criticism well. He relayed our request though, and I think surprisingly the guy did create a new one with smaller elephants, but we never heard from him again and don't know his name even today. Artists.. sheesh.

It fits just right in that window in the game though, luckily for us.

That's artists for you , but that painting is very niice, looks like it would have been done by a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass
    But that painting is very niice, looks like it would have been done by a pro.
    What painting? I dont see no painting...

In the Historical battle screen, there's a painting in the large box above the list of historical battles.