Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: total war 3

Default total war 3

we can dream, but if there is ever such a game
    i hope for an expanded rome total war

that'll be the day!

what are you thoughts?
    "Rationality was the best thing to come from Greece, but its a shame men don't know how to use it!"

"A brave man has to be blind before he can see"

"aristocrats shout Republic Republic, Republic. brave men shout, Revolution Revolution Revolution"©
    Jason Brown

"I hate Quotations tell me what you Know!"

Default Re: total war 3

There's already been 4 total war games, so the next one would be number 5.

I guess that Rome as the setting for the next one is very likely, its still a popular era. Napoleonic is another big contender, but with the Lordz starting their own studio, CA might not want to bust in there, in fear of competition. If there was a significant rise in interest for Chinese history (All the "crouching tiger hidden dragon"-esque films are an indication of this) a total war of the three kingdoms or even earlier would be a fantastic change from the Euro-centric games at the moment.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I heard there is much talk about Greece total war which I would love, make it run up until the time of alexander now that would be cool! please in the love of god no chinese total war

Quote Originally Posted by CrownOfSwords
    I heard there is much talk about Greece total war which I would love, make it run up until the time of alexander now that would be cool! please in the love of god no chinese total war
    Why not? If your not interested in that time-period, fair enough, but I could say the same thing about Greece total war, in which case we have not accomplished anything. Some of the periods possible I'm not interested in at all, but they would still make great settings for the total war games. I also had another thought, been reading up about the Assyrian wars with Urartu, and that would make an amazing time period for all out war. You just need to read some of inscriptions they made to record their conquests to realize how much damage they did to these regions.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Why not Chinese Total War? The original game in the series was set in Japan.

I like the idea of Warring States (I think there's a mod, but I'm a little wary of downloading yet another mod) China, I think it works well for the TW game mechanics. You could even have the Emperor represented by the senate/pope thing. Sun Tzu as an ancillary with a command bonus

But I would like to see a new game in the pike and musket period. It just sneaks in at the end of M2TW but other than the cossacks RTS I think this period is poorly served.
    Last edited by Maeran; 04-11-2007 at 18:45.

His higness, the Sultan Member Randarkmaan's Avatar

I would much like a Total war game set from around 600-500 BC to the time of Alexander. With the map covering all of Iran, but not going as far north as in Rome, parts of India should also be included. You could start with the rise of the Persian Empire and end the game with its fall after being conquered by Alexander. That would be fun, factions could be various Greek city states and colonies, Lydia, Persia, Media, Babylon, Egypt and many others.

Otherwise I would prefer far earlier, with the focus on Egypt and the Middle-East. One reason to do this is that the Assyrians should be included in a game, they were one of the first to conquer a large empire, and they fielded the world's first largely professional army, plus they were really, really brutal.
    "One of the nice things about looking at a bear is that you know it spends 100 per cent of every minute of every day being a bear. It doesn't strive to become a better bear. It doesn't go to sleep thinking, "I wasn't really a very good bear today". They are just 100 per cent bear, whereas human beings feel we're not 100 per cent human, that we're always letting ourselves down. We're constantly striving towards something, to some fulfilment"
    -Stephen Fry

I can't see a game set before persia unfortuneally...
    The units are just so hard to do (thopugh rise of persia did a good job).
    More likely a post medival game.

Im hoping for a post medieval or some other continent total war... I'm just getting tired of having the same layout to work with all the time and there is so much more out there

I would love to see 1.) A Napoleonic TW main campaign with an Expansion covering the English civil war and American Revolution 2.) Redo of the first title. Shogun with the new graphics would rock! 3.)Civil war total war covering the English civil war, American revolution and American civil war.
    Last edited by Wolfshart; 04-11-2007 at 20:50.
    Slainte!!

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

I think that a game made on ancient greece, with all the persian wars, pelloponesian wars and makedonian wars is highly possible (considering it was an exceptionally violent period of world`s history), given that 300 has made a tremendous publicity to that time period. It has risen tremendously the people`s interest on ancient greece, even though it has done so with incorrect historical data...

The marketing job it`s almost done by itself. Given the 300 movie, it would deffinitively sell more than a "China: Total War".

One can only wonder if CA would incluide the "ninjas-immortals", armoured rhinos and spartan-vedettos... but that`s flour from another sack.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    One can only wonder if CA would incluide the "ninjas-immortals", armoured rhinos and spartan-vedettos... but that`s flour from another sack.
    Or try to have a unit overpowering the M:TW cannon-mounted elephants, overpowering the R:TW elephants...
    -Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre; Mod sceal þe mare þe ure mægen lytlað

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enguerrand de Sarnéac
    Or try to have a unit overpowering the M:TW cannon-mounted elephants, overpowering the R:TW elephants...
    Like a

Ninja...

Armoured. With something like a....

Cannon. Mounted on a...

Rhino...

OMG!!!! A Rhino-mounted-Armoured-Ninja-Cannoneer!!!! Run!!!!!

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: total war 3

I would love 18th & 19th Century: Total War, with all the cool, fancy uniforms, canons, cuirasseers... The only problem would be that this time period is already very focused on colonies, and to represent theese appropiately in the game, you would have to make a three dimensional planet - one can only imagine how powerfull the computer would have to be, necessary to calculate all the 3000 provinces. And it would be really nice if could found your own cities next time...

rtw 2

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Quote Originally Posted by alatar
    I can't see a game set before persia unfortuneally...
    The units are just so hard to do (thopugh rise of persia did a good job).
    Thank you for that unintentional recommendation. I just looked at that mod and it seems to be of EB quality! Lucky I can still make copies of my vanilla folder....

As for the next TW game a Napoleonic Era seems most likely, and after that CA will probably make Rome 2 or descend into the underworld of fantasy.

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Nah, The next game will have a new engine, then medivval three

ROP is good, but unstable

Why not just go back really far in time for the next one? They already have the units for ancient Egypt done from RTW. ;) Really ancient times haven't been touched on too much, on a large scale (more than one country or city-level) as far as I know. How long has Gaul been around, btw? See? ;) I'd have a lot to learn, even from the vanilla version of Ancient Total war, and I'm probably not the only one when it comes to that (comparitively) neglected time period.

Egypt: Total War. Could be done. And they should actually let you build the Pyramids.
    Shogun: Total War 2. Seems logical and its a nice period of time.
    WWI: Total War. Probably the last war that had anything like set-piece static line battles, and would be interesting to see a TW-engine take on it.
    Napoleon: Total War + addons like American Revolution, 30 Years War, or even New World: Total War (start from first colonization onwards).
    Rome: Total War 2. 'Nuff said. Though this time they should have a campaign that goes longer into the ADs so you don't have the lame "early legionary" and "legionary" cohort deal like in vanilla. Say 272 BC - 118 AD or such (118 AD or around then IS the max entent of Roman Empire, no? A logical place to stop).
    China: Total War I'd be intrigued in, but is not particularly high on the list.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Darthus Muus Hunnicus Member DMu's Avatar

It all depends on who pays the bills.

I mean, There had to be some Japanese billionaire who was willing to pay for the production of STW.

I would think otherwise CA would have gone ahead with MTW first.

Darthus Muus Hunnicus Member DMu's Avatar

How about World Total War?

With a map the size of earth?

With 200 factions?

I would just like a game that has the features of rtw + diplomacy that is effected by your actual actions, trade of specific resources, allies that actually send aid. Real time Naval combat + a meaning to the boats and men on them, ie losing a fleet should be freaking devastating to trade and diplomacy + happiness at home.

Something other than endless sieges and cookie cutter field conflicts.

I'd like to see a "pre-columbian" americas total war covering both continents and representing period correct tribes/nations/empires (or emerging empires) etc.

I think that would be cool

TynMahn

I would still pick Imperial Total War and there are really just two features that I would really like to see. NAVAL battles and the entire world map available since the theme was colonization of places including Indonesia, Africa, Americas and basically anywhere they could go without being stopped by a unified force. I would also like it to be more dynamically moddable but that's just a laughable proposal. Everyone laugh with me "lolz." Thank you for your cooperation. Imperial Glory was great perspective of what SEGA, a much larger company could achieve and their developers experience with the series in general. Greece Total War would be an interesting proposal. a Pre-renaissance Total War would also be quite interesting and a much more difficulty setting to create an empire, at least in Europe and would also put great use to royal marriages, etc and would set off from the end of M2TW. Basically there are a crapload of periods they could use but I'm sure they will pick one to unsettle my stomach because after all they make me cry at every opportunity.
    I'm Batman!

Well for what it is worth i would like to see greece from 600bce to 350ace to include all the factions. like you can play all factions SPQR THRACE DACIA ARCHE SELEUCIA. each faction would start at a different date like Arche Seleucia would be somehwere around 320bce. i like 4 turn years and reforms, however i hate character based reforms(damn those Agustans why cant i have them) i think china should be included and lower asia like vietnam and thailand or something. Wow i just realized what a nerd i really am

How about something covering native american indians.
    For those that like the English civil war and upto Napoleonic period I can recomend CDV's Cossacks series, though the campaigns are not in the same style as RTW.

As for improving the RTW game, I would like to see sieges more realistic with maybe increased time before a blackade is fully in place, and maybe basic local troops being raised with zero recruitment time to bolster the defences but which returns to being civilian after the battle (if they survive)

First World War would be cool too

I got the feeling theres going to be World of Warcraft Total War. Read an interview with the developers as Rome came out and a fantasy game was one of the things they were thinking about.

Personally I hope its gonna be Rome 2, with supply logistics and supply lines, 1000 000 inhabitants in Rome, 100 factions, founding of colonies and much more politics and roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by kalkwerk
    Personally I hope its gonna be Rome 2, with supply logistics and supply lines, 1000 000 inhabitants in Rome, 100 factions, founding of colonies and much more politics and roleplay.
    i second that =D
    "Rationality was the best thing to come from Greece, but its a shame men don't know how to use it!"

"A brave man has to be blind before he can see"

"aristocrats shout Republic Republic, Republic. brave men shout, Revolution Revolution Revolution"©
    Jason Brown

"I hate Quotations tell me what you Know!"

World War I - Total War, or Empires - Total War. I would love that.
    The battlemode would be extended, see Sudden Strike 2 as example. Still, you enter combat with the units you built before.
    Still, there would be a campaign map with cities - just like in MTW2. The map is extended to America and Africa. However, it needs to be innovative! The cities could be great city-like areas - with pre-built trenches, tank traps, and more. Trenches could also be built before battle - using a similar system as with the longbowmen in medieval. If you fight in the countryside, you might even encounter a few villages that might form hotspots in battle. Fighting on your own ground can be dangerous to farms, however fighting in your own settlements can be devestating.

There is infantry, riders, and a few tanks who are barely as fast as the riders. Cities have action radii around them, so if you are in range, you might be able to call in a small airstrike of light aircrafts (no bombers yet in WW1).

Factions would be like France, The British Empire, Prussia, USA, CSA, Mexico, Austria-Hungary, Poland, The Ottoman Empire, Jugoslavia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Russia.

New and interesting building systems, settlements can become colonies and give the holder more wealth than the dried out, but high teched european regions who produce the finest soldiers of the known world.

Be Napoleon and conquer the world, unite the USA or build your own British Empire.

Civilize the south americas as Spanish Conquistador or become the Kaiser of Germany.

The Total War team might want to reinvent many parts of their games and to avoid a too simple sequel.
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; 04-12-2007 at 15:33.

Default Re: AW: total war 3

Jugoslavia, didn't exist, before and in WW I. It began as the kingdom of the Serbs, Chroats and Slovinians (spelling?)as a result of WW I

Oops, thank you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast