Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Default Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

I can't wait to see Lizardmen!

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

Are you including kislev as a faction in this mod, Bwian?

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filibustería
    Are you including kislev as a faction in this mod, Bwian?
    They are not included in the first planned release. These are:
    Tomb Kings, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Empire, Bretonnia, Orcs, Elves, Chaos and Lizardmen
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Kislev is definitley a faction I would like to see in game, but there is a limit to teh total number of factions we can do in a single go. We are not going to use all teh 31 available, so there will be scope for add-ons after the initial release. Factions like Kislev will be high priority, because they have some nice units!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Kislev is definitley a faction I would like to see in game, but there is a limit to teh total number of factions we can do in a single go. We are not going to use all teh 31 available, so there will be scope for add-ons after the initial release. Factions like Kislev will be high priority, because they have some nice units!
    I never did understand why the plan isn't to initially do all the human factions first, (Bretonnia, Empire, Kislev, Tilea, Estalia, Norse and Dolgans). We got the units allready. Free lunch. And then just build on that. The big hurdle is making the fantasy units, right?
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Warhammer is a fantasy mod. What is the point in just having a few re-skinned stock units and calling that a Warhammer mod.

We will not be using ANY stock units unless they are 100% correct for the mod. It's not going to happen. Not for any reason.

The whole POINT of a fantasy mod is the fantastic units. If we don't do them, then we may as well quit. If we CAN'T do them, then we may as well not have started.

BUT... we CAN do them, and we WILL do them. Not sorry little re-paints. but properly designed, correctly skinned units that any fan of the Hobby would be able to recognise as something from this world. Look at the screenshots. We have new units...fantasy units.

p.s. If you have a question about what units we should be using...start a new thread. This is a screenshot thread for comments on the work done, not a discussion on what units should or could be built.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    Dolgans
    these are just a tribe of raiders in the north, like the kurgan and hung, they dont deserve and shouldnt be getting their own faction

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    They are not included in the first planned release. These are:
    Tomb Kings, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Empire, Bretonnia, Orcs, Elves, Chaos and Lizardmen
    Which Elves are we including; High, Dark, Wood, or all three?
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

Initially, High Elves and Dark Elves. Wood Elves would be a later project.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

I Have MTW2 and I like Warhammer (I got a whole space marines and thinking about do orcs & gobbos) and Would like to help this mod... how can I help? Can you do MTW2 Models in Wings (A free modeling program) and is there anything I can do texturing with?

Whoops wrong thread!
    Last edited by Abokasee; 05-12-2007 at 07:45.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

New for this weekend ..... some skeleton troops for the Vampire Counts. I have re-done the textures for all the skeletons, and the Tomb Kings ones are similar but a bit lighter to show 'bleaching' form the desert sun.

Also in are some spearmen with improvised shields...

and some swordsmen.

I also made some very basic 'peasant' skeletons with a short sword and no other kit. No pic of them...but they are not that interesting to look at ;)

nice screen shots, i really like the the looks of the skelitons in the first pic. About the second pic is it just me or do those sheilds look a little big for skelitons?

coffin lids.....

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

I really like their shields,the long shield is very nice,good work.Keep Walking...
    "VAE VICTUS"

nice work

Looking immense mate the mods moving along at a fair pace going by your progress report thats what i like to hear.

I like those skelletons. The coffin-lid shields are a nice touch, perfect for the Vampire Count bonies.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Recruitable in cemeteries only?!?!?

N.I.C.E.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

outdated shots removed
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 12-05-2007 at 19:27.

Good work, good to see the units piling up.

Nice, I love those swordsmen.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Nice work. Is each imperial province/city-state going to receive its own units ?

Amazing!!

Don't think there is an easy way to make each city use a different livery for it's troops without filling up the list with a lot of duplicates. The units can swap randomly from the selection on the texture ..but you would have to make each troop type a unique unit for each city to allow it's own livery.

So you could have City_a_hand_gunners, City_b_hand_gunners and so on. The combat stats would be broadly similar ( or not, if one city is famous for it's swordsmen or hand-gunners or whatever ).

The tricky bit would be the recruitment. We would have to limit recruitment of certain units to certain cities to maintain the uniformity and sense of it. Otherwise, you could recruit city a units in city b and every other city you capture. Spoils the overall effect to a degree. It's a nice thought ... but I don't know how well it would stand up to the acdtual reality of gameplay.

We could probably have some elite units recruitable only in certain key cities ... like the old RTW Spartan Hoplites. They could have a different livery from the 'ordinary' version available everywhere in the Empire.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Yeah, having the same 5 or so Imperial units available in say, five different colors representing 5 cities/province would really suck up unit slots.

Gameplay wise, I'm fairly sure there's a way to make this possible, it's just that those slots could probably be used for something else.

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

WOW! These shots are amazing!

How did you do the headless zombies? Surely it wasn't the model since they all use the same one right (maybe not...)? Or was it through the textures? Alpha channels? Anyway great work!

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

Crian ... no alpha channel tricks were used in the making of the headless zombies. MTW2 allows for different physical meshes in the same model...which it randomly puts together to make unit variations. The stock game uses it to put different helmets ans shields on the soldiers ... the same trick can bu used to put a stump of a neck in place of a head.

It's one of the things that mae kthis game engine so much nicer to mod with

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

these lads are awesome,but try to make the red colour more darker and also if it is possible try to put little feathers into the helmets of the swordmen.now about the helmets and the hut.first in the swordmen,can you put few helmet like those of the swissguard and in the hundgunners make some hut likes those of the tabletop game?last is it possible to create a bigger musket?it would be awesome.i'm not ordering that,i suggest that,it's just my opinion but above all it is great work
    "VAE VICTUS"

Bigger muskets are possible .... but it is debatable as to whether we should make the muskets bigger. The tabletop figures would always have chunkier muskets purely because of the difficulty of casting the things in white-metal.

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Crian ... no alpha channel tricks were used in the making of the headless zombies. MTW2 allows for different physical meshes in the same model...which it randomly puts together to make unit variations. The stock game uses it to put different helmets ans shields on the soldiers ... the same trick can bu used to put a stump of a neck in place of a head.

It's one of the things that mae kthis game engine so much nicer to mod with
    I see .

That IS awesome! Makes me excited about the possibilities in the next Total War game already . Keep it up this is excellent!

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast