Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Default Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Bright Pink!! You got to be kidding me Blue, Purple and pink are the colours favoured by the warriors of Slaanesh... but I would use pink more as a highlight or a colour on a banner....not on the armour...... please....not on the armour ;)
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

OK ... for all of you who thought the old Warrior was a bit wimpy ... meet:

The Chaos Warrior Buffed a bit!

The picture shows some standing in amongst a group of Marauders to get some idea of scale. It's not perfect...because the feet are stuck in the ground some..but I might be able to fix that with a bit of work. The basic mesh is scaled up by a factor of 1.2 , and the head was left at it's original size.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

ok,now.these are rocking,good work again Bwian..........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Yeah! They're awesome! And about before with my questions about Greenskins and Lizardmen, thanks for answering. It may be like a dumb thing to answer, but it's all something hard to me!

My apols bwian you were right, I took the chaos armour blurb as being for the ordinary armour. The new guys look better, more like the artwork in the army book. Mind if I take a look at them close up? Not going to nitpick or anything but I had wanted to take a shot at these guys myself and wouldnt mind seeing how your version compares against what I had envisioned.

No problem Casuir .... I will have one more go at getting the upsized skeleton to stand on the ground properly tonight. I am not happy with the 'feet underground' effect!

I figured I would have a go at scaling ( it's a bit picky....but it's not as bad as I feared ) as that was the only way I could make the models look and feel big without overstretching the mesh. Making the physical mesh bulkier just ruined the way the bones and mesh deformed. They were already pretty bulky.

What the crowds were saying was right though...these guys were the elite of the Marauders, who had surviived their 'pilgrimage' to the Northlands and were the toughest of the tough. They ought to be the finest physical specimens. The 'upgraded' versions of the troops will feature mutations and deformities in accordance with their own faction. Nurgle troops will be 'diseased and rotting' and so on.

The nexst challenge is the Chaos Champions. I want the units to be as small as we are allowed to make them, but scaled up by another 1.2 factor. The armour will be as varied as I can get away with, and they need to be really NASTY!

Last challenge for me here will be getting mounts to work. I tried putting a skeleton horse in, and it failed badly. I don't know why

Checking back through the MESH thread, there was another guy who posted the same kind of problem. No rider, and the mesh all screwed up. I'm waiting for GOM's converter to expand to cover mounts before I push on in that direction. I do plan to re-skin the horses for the Chaos factions though.

Can't recall .... do the Chaos Warriors come in mounted form.... or should I reserve that for the mounted Knights ... who are basically mounted super warriors?

So the upgraded versions will be seperate units then rather than an armour upgrade? If you dont mind I'd like to take a crack at one of the faction variants, I really wanted to take a crack at these guys after seeing the Mark of Chaos intro. I think from the screens you might get away with 1.1 scaling on these guys and 1.2 on the champions. Dunno about the mounts thing, my milkshape trial ran out a while ago and I havent been much use on that front since, KE did say it hasnt been extensively tested though, probably a few bugs that need ironing out. He released a new version a couple of days ago, make sure you have it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92321

No, theres no mounted warriors, only the knights, who are really warriors with +1 to strength, and their chosen upgrade.
    Last edited by Casuir; 05-22-2007 at 10:33.

There is the facility to make upgrades show as different models. The stock units do this quite a lot, though they are actually using mostly re-skinned versions of hte same model. It's still a new unit in modeldb and referenced in the units text file as an upgrade. I figured we could use this for Chaos to take a stock model and 'warp' it some, add some unhuman body parts and end up with a unit warped by Chaos. Drop me a PM and let me know what units you want to work up... I will send you the bits to work on.

I am also going to experiment with some officer units.... the officer slots are available, and I will add both horn-players and standard bearers for the Tomb Kings that way.

Oh yes...and the Ushabti and bone-giant will be underway as soon as I get the trick of scaling spot on.

Already building a Chaos Knight too

Faction specific upgrade models arent possible that way though, you'd have to use the same model for each faction. Stats change seems to be limited to a +1 armour upgrade as well, although there looks to be some confusion over this. You wouldnt be able to add a bonus for shields for example. You could use a seperate entry in the edb for each faction, theres only 4 and the limits 500.

I think it would be 4 units well used :D

The various factions hsould have their own unique mutations. We can consider them to be Veteran Warriors, and just make them a bit tougher and more combat worthy....and just make them from a more developed settlement. As the book says, the longer the warriors serve, and the more often they visit the far north, the more deformed they become. The 'gifts' of the gods are given.

The army list allows one unit of chaos warriors to be upgraded to a unit of Chosen equipped with chaos armour so I guess that would be these guys. Also allows for a unit of knights to be upgraded as well.

Great work you guys are doing here, its awesome!
    i've got a question; shouldnt the empire units have more armour on there selfs like similar to the mark of chaos cinematic?

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

i had the some question like you but it not the right to have too much armor.the empire soldiers are light armored troops,we don't copying what mark of chaos has but in the tabletop game the most of them have some kind of armor protection in the torso and in the legs,nowhere else(except the head with the helmet).so i think we have to put a little more armor when we will made those troops.
    "VAE VICTUS"

We are basing our work on the Armybooks, official GW approved miniatures and the supporting supplements and officially approved stuff. What we are NOT doing, is using Mark of Chaos as a guide. It's someone else's impression of Warhammer, and there is much in it I do not like. If it had been all that good...I wouldn't be bothering with this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    It's someone else's impression of Warhammer, and there is much in it I do not like. If it had been all that good...I wouldn't be bothering with this mod

Damn shame that game. It failed miserably. Let's hope another comes soon (After this mod, of course!))

man beautiful the chaos warriors look amazing.

cant wait to DL this mod.

Looking at the texure you sent me bwian it looks like the guys in the screenshots are wearing mipmaps, you at the highest level of detail you can get? Not really doing your work justice there.

Not sure .... but I thought so! I need to double check my settings. I always save the DDS and let it generate mip maps.

Some of my screenshots come out really well .... but others just don't! I have been trying to get the really nice close ups you get when the enemy general falls in a custom battle....some of those come out really nicely.

I know SOMETHING is scfrewy, since I set the game to run at 1440x900 on my widescreen, but the screenies were coming out 1024x768 in the TGA folder....

That happens to me as well, dont know how to change it. Mip maps work by selecting the size map which is closest to the actual pixel size on screen, so for best results the larger the figure onscreen the better the pic. Widescreen would be limiting your onscreen size a good bit wouldnt it?

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

"oy boz, oo iz wae pillugen nex?"
    This came to mind looking at the screeny. I can't wait for the mod guys, good work and keep it up.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

OK ... for all of you who thought the old Warrior was a bit wimpy ... meet:

The Chaos Warrior Buffed a bit!

The picture shows some standing in amongst a group of Marauders to get some idea of scale. It's not perfect...because the feet are stuck in the ground some..but I might be able to fix that with a bit of work. The basic mesh is scaled up by a factor of 1.2 , and the head was left at it's original size.
    Now they look much more impressive, well done Bwian.

If you like these guys ...wait until you see the Chaos Knights! I might have toi tone down the scaling to 1.1 rather than 1.2 to get the proportions acceptable for the nights. I will try them at 1.3 ...and see. If they look too big, then 1.1 will be put in for the Chaos Warriors, and 1.2 for Knights. Champions might come in as leader units, and they would have to be bulkier still!

I also want to add some standard bearer units

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

outdated shots removed
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 12-05-2007 at 19:28.

very nice. man the shield design look great. but giving them the voulgier weapon dosen't fancy wit me but they look great. also are you working on the knights?

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Thanks for the complements!

The GW models have voulgiers, so I figured it was appropriate, as shown in the box art:
    Men at Arms box art
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 05-25-2007 at 09:56.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

They are great, it's a bit of a shame that we have to mix different shield designs, but heh, that's better than having only one design :)

Edit : A helm variation would have been great IMO. Don't know if it's possible, but that would add a bit more variation, apart from the shield designs.

And yeah, voulgiers seem to have replaced the basic spear as Men at arm main weapon ;)
    Last edited by Meneldil; 05-25-2007 at 09:59.

The variety of shield designs does help to make such a minor unit seem more distinctive. A second or third helmet design, similiar to the ones worn by the men on the far left and right hand side of the Bretonnian men at arms box, would be neat.

Hmm.. sad about the armour thing.. would really have liked empire with atleast some medieval looks, but anyway..
    arn't you gonna use anything from MoC? Because i was wondering if not.. where will you get the voices from(are you even going to have voices)?
    And about thoes Bretonnians men-at-arms why does they have different colour/signs on the shield? Should they be similar to the orginal? They look a bit colourful to me.. :S
    Last edited by Anarion; 05-25-2007 at 13:38.

No nothings going to be used from moc, for a start its against gw's ip usage policy. Then theres the problem of not being able to extract the files even if you wanted too, and besides all the the voice acting in it is crap.

Nice work krazysigmarite, I'd weather the shields a bit, they're a bit too bright. These guys are responsible for buying and maintaining their own equipment so it probably would be abit worse for wear.

btw I hope thats not the final colour scheme for the empire

Those Brettonians are great!

Plus, all the different heraldry of the lords looks great, very Bretonnian, and its a nice contrast to the neutral colours of the infantry's armor.
    My thought exactly! The Bretonians are a very diverse army, in terms of appearance. And I wouldn´t tone down the shields too much, the coat of arms is, after all, their lord´s pride, and he´d be eager to show it off.

Hm, I´m looking forward to the Bretonian Knights. And the Imperial ones, too.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast