Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Default Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Anarion ... Nothing will be used from MoC. That is a copyrighted commercial product, and we do not have permission to use it. Any sounds and voices we use will either come from the stock MTW2 game, or be done ourselves.

If we start using material from Mark of Chaos, we will end up an ex mod with a cease and desist order, and I will have to hit the delete button on all the teams hard work. Not going to happen!

Besides ... I firmly believe we have the talent and the tools to do our own.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Casuir
    btw I hope thats not the final colour scheme for the empire
    Could you elaborate?

Well, if we're not using state specific units the talabheim colours mightnt be the best scheme for the whole army. Blue and red of Altdorf maybe. If that is the scheme we're using then maybe desaturate the red a bit and dirty up the white, the contrast between the two is a bit jarring.

I agree about making Altdorf the primary uniform for the Empire, as it is representative of Reikland, and is the capital of the Empire, as well as the seat of Emperor Karl Franz. I only started with Talabheim because it's the uniform commonly associated with the models. As far as state-uniforms go, my hope is that we can allow for at least one unit to represent each province/city-state, on top of the standard army.
    Examples like:
    Nuln: Helblaster Volley Gun (With nuln-uniformed crew)
    Middenheim: Knights of the White Wolf
    Ostermark: Ostermark Halberdiers
    Hochland: Hochland Long-Rifles (Extra Long ranged skirmish gunpowder unit)
    Stirland: Stir River Patrol

And so on. Just some ideas. As far as the white on red goes, the uniform is supposed to be jarring - I wanted the unit to look like the tabletop models. I still want to touch up the textures a bit and mess around with different model variations for the empire infantry, so there's plenty of room for improvement as of now.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 05-25-2007 at 17:31.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Some constuctive critisism (hopefully )

IMO the empire textures so far are to saturated, and too uniform. De-saturating them a little, and adding some texture would be a great improment.
    To make them look perfect, follow that up with adding some creases to the material, and they'll look life like

Nothing wrong with wanting units to look like the tabletop models but bear in mind those are pretty limited in how good they can be made look. If you look at the artwork in the empire books the troops have a much grittier look to them.

Awesome work. Ppost more pics
    Medieval II : Total War userbars HERE
    www.totalwar.hotgames.cz < Admin of biggest Czech and Slovak fansite.

New set of Dwarves is built and textured ( almost! )

These are the Miners ... with pickaxe, shovels and hammers. Also done is a stripped down version which will become the Troll Slayers. Hair will gingerised, and the arms and bodies will be bare and tatooed.

Then I will add some armour and helmets to make the warriors.

Thunderers are also underway.

Looking awesome mate keep it up.

troops are always made of several different ''pieces'' to make them look unique.

how about you make this for the dwarfs too but then have different shapes and beard colours ?

dont know if you already were planning on doing this but i thought it would be cool

All of our units will be given plenty of variation, we're taking advantage of what we have for the M2TW engine

Currently this model has 4 variations on the head with different styles and colours of beard, 3 weapons, 2 leg options and 3 different bodies. That's pretty much normal for the stuff I am making.

Everything looks really good and I like the little details and such that you are adding that really give them that Warhammer feel. My favorite unit is probably the bretonnian men at arms, I love the armor and those shields are just perfect.

I also think that is it cool that you are making four chaos armies, one for each of the gods. I think that in the future, this is a great idea because then you could easily model various god units, such as plaguebearers and then just put them in for the correct army, among other things. I am not sure if you had planned this already, you probably did but I was just adding an idea. I also like that the chaos warriors are actually larger than the mauraders, it just looks right. Keep up the great work my friend.

I almost forgot, those skeletons with coffin lids are really cool looking as well and those zombies, you asked about the color, well, I think the color is good and if you even wanted to add that extra touch, you could add in a bluish hue for some of the models and maybe even a brownish hue so that they were varied. I still really like them though, just adding in an idea.

Might try varying the colour of hte zombies a bit ... they do need something ...I'm just not sure exactly what!

But...yes...as Blood Claw said, the Chaos units will be getting faction specific specials to round out their armies. We just couldn't do that if they were one faction. You would end up with issues about Khorne Berserkers rubbing shoulders with Nurgle Plague-Bearers, and that just doesn't seem right to me.

I've had a couple of days off, but will be getting the Dwarf in game to test it's rigging, and if that goes well, I shall start work on the more serious variations.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I think that the Chaos Warriors heads aren't quite as deformed. The heads in the miniatures lean forward a lot, almost with no neck. I took some pictures of mine that show this well.

Any chance of the no-neck version? They seem a little more Warhammer like.

(Note: The fuzzy grey seen on the miniatures is dust, they are a tad old. ^_^)
    Last edited by Raz; 05-30-2007 at 02:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

I dunno, I prefer the new version of Chaos warriors, they look a less like quasimodo.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...rriors_box.htm

They still dont have much of a neck, but arn't quite as hunched over as the old warriors.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Pfft, it's only because they have a cape.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Making the head jut out like on the old style of minature would need the head bone to be moved, meaning new animations. The new minaures are a bit chunky looking but they're a bit more in line with the artwork. The khorne variants I'm working on are delayed due to problems with my monitor but looking like this atm:

nice man

Wow. That does look good!

Casuir's guy is intended as an 'elite' or veteran version of the basic chaos warrior. These are the chosen warriors, and are the first chaos units that are really faction specific. There will be Knights and champions above this, who will get progressively more extreme.

As Casuir has pointed out, the 'neck' bone determines where the head is and where it pivots. To move this would require a complete new set of animations and all the resources that go with it. Not going to be practical for the results. All the artwork in the armybooks shows heads sitting on shoulders.... and I think that is how it should look. If we end up with heads jutting out the front, then they will be fixed and part of the torso, not animating.

I'm stuck between making more Dwarves or filling out the ranks of Chaos ...ahh...what a dilemma!

you can do it mate this mod is turning out to be pretty frikin awesome

Methinks they have not been feeding their horses well enough.....

textures are rough and ready, and are definitely NOT the finished article, but the mesh and rigging are done and working well. MY first attempt at putting this in game failed miserably...so I am just glad to see them running about

Huzzah, Bully for you! Very nice horse skeletons, segmented or organic?

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

I've tried to make them as bony looking as possible...and the same is true for the animations!

haha. Those are awesome Bwian!

Nice work

This picture is making me think that this mod will be very amazing even though I already thought that. I am so glad to see and hear that they are working better and that isn't even the final product. Great work and keep it up, would love to see some of those in action too if you get a chance.

holy Sh!t

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eufarius
    holy Sh!t
    I'll second that. I just came in my pants when I saw the horses.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast