Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Default Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Bllod Claw wanted to see the mounted skeletons in action ...so here they are!

Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Can a skeleton go Yeehhaaww? Thats what I would be screaming cutting those marauders down. brilliant work.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Bwian these look awesome.can you put to the skeleton horses armor or even on the skeletons,or you think that is good for an upgrade,what do you think?
    "VAE VICTUS"

Yup ... there will be more armoured skeletons and armoured mounts too. The Tomb Kings don't really have much by way of armoured cavalry, but the undead horses will be used by the Vampire Counts too, and hte more elite undead will need powerful mounts

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

ok,thanks for answering,you are the man,you roll..........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Wow. Those look great!

They look really good fighting and thanks for posting the picture of them in action. By the way, good to see the mauraders more up-close as well, I especially like that purple tattoo on the one guy towards the left.

Bwian, they look absolutly awesome ! good work and i look forward to seeing more
    best of luck!!!
    Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world

Great job!!! But if MTW2 is realistic game why you convert it to game like Heroes with skeletons, zombies, tombs...?? I don't want to offend your work... This is only my opinion...

Well, in my opinion, he decided to convert it because he has the power too and because he likes Warhammer. Those are just my thoughts and personally, I am very much looking forward to playing this mod more than any other.

Red Devil ...Blood Claw is pretty much spot on. If I wanted to play an accurate simulation of Medieval warfare ...er....well ... it came in the box.

The challenge of making a mod is what I wanted, and the pleasure of making something good. It's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't made or played mods like this before. Add to that the fact that no-one has actually made a Warhammer PC game that I actually enjoyed. Mark of Chaos failed to hit the spot...and the efforts before that were miles away from being good.

Yet, the Warhammer world has masses of great material, a huge fan-base, and makes for a damn good wargame. MTW2, whilst being good at what it intended to be good at, is just not stretching what the game engine could do.

Us modders are a crazy bunch.....

Since this is my 1000'th post ... I thought I would celebrate that milestone with something a little bit ...special

The Tomb Kings have brought some 'friends' to the battle...and I think it's time to run away!

These are dangerous foes!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Holy...!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Please!! NOOOO MORE torture. I want this mod NOW! :D

I agree with BILFB... These teasers are preventing me from playing any other damn computer game... I want this mod!!!

Unreal. Minotaurs, ogres, rat ogres, Kroxigors, theres no limit to the bad ass units that could be added...

Those look amazing and with all the great work you have been doing so far, I can't wait to see more exotic armies like beastmen and lizardmen.

Another beutiful piece of art Bwian!! I can not describe how much i love this mod an await its release (drools)
    Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

It's just getting better and better all the time. Those Bone Giants are frikkin beautiful.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

hhmm would they be able to take out more then one normal prson at a time?

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ellydog
    hhmm would they be able to take out more then one normal prson at a time?
    Here's just a wild guess, but I'm assuming we'll see exactly the same animations and events triggered as we get when elephants attack.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Currently they are using scaled up 2H Axe attacks. I need to do some tweaking, however, since there is a 'death' animation that goes with this setup that is triggered by the kill. This is also scaled up....and I have to find a way to prevent that. I suspect a simple edit of descr_skeleton will do it....but I can't be sure. Otherwise I will have to switch to another animation set!

The figures are also a standard unit. The minimum figures per unit value for MTW2 is quite low .... you can have 5 set in the unit text, which gives 12 figures on huge unit size. This is perfect for this kind of model. I have set the hits high, and the armour value up there...and also added launching to the primary weapon stats.

I need to tweak the hit sphere as well ... this will be trial and error ... to make sure that the units are hitting things in the right place. Then this will be all done! They do look pretty im[pressive towering over the palm trees!

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Trully great work Bwian :)

I can't wait to play with the Bone Giants. Their destructive power would be epic.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

You could always scale up an skeleton set that has no death animations, like the mace one used by Imperial Knights, but of course that means they'd only use their nasty weapons with one hand, which isn't the same.

Would it be possible to remove the death anims?

Also: Bwian is not a demi-god. God is a demi-Bwian.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Since this is my 1000'th post ... I thought I would celebrate that milestone with something a little bit ...special

The Tomb Kings have brought some 'friends' to the battle...and I think it's time to run away!

These are dangerous foes!
    Well that´s more than fully worth the 1000 post event. Holy blazes, but they look great.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Omg
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

I think it is safe to say this will be the best looking, and most fun mod for M2TW out there.

Am I right?
    (if you agree put a smiley)
    Last edited by Eufarius; 06-05-2007 at 01:35.

GREAT work!

one thing though, well its more like two things, first off: a while back you posted a screenie of some undead (vampire counts I think) that hade small round shields with a pair of crossed bones as motif on them. well frankly put it feelt like they were modeled from old warhammer models and they are in my oppinion really lame and not as cool as the more recent models. The cascetlid shields you gave the spearmen are far cooler and far nicer, I hope you use them instead.

secondly I dont quite like the looks of the chaos warriors and I hope that you make them look more like the latest GW chaoswarrior models instead of the old ones.

Dont get me wrong I think that most of your work is real topclass especially the khemri undead I just hope that the rest of the models can be as cool.

keep it up

There will be some basic low-level VC models that will use simple shields. The spearmen are slightly heavier infantry, and are using coffin lids as shields! There will also be some slightly more armoured skeletons with better gear.

The Chaos warriors are going to stay as they are though. There will be veteran versions with slightly more faction specific changes, and Knights and Champions. Each level is progressivlely bigger and badder!

The current models are a bit extreme to map onto a human skeleton, and this waqs an issue. They also seem to have donw wierd things to the necks..which would not gel with the stock animations. We intend to add a whole load of custom anims ... but there are limits. I will need all the anims for Dwarves and Orcs anyway, and the size of hte anim packs grow rapidly and bring an overhead for the system that some peoples computers might not like!

There are always compromises in modding! Same applies to the original game designers too.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast