Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Default Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Spear warriors in action. Particularly happy with the variations in the shield designs.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Default Re: Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

I do not have mtw2 but when i do i am going to downlaod this mod straight away

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Now those are great Tomb Kings skeletons. Very well done :)

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

Really good!

Very neat

Tomb Kings are nice, but for Undead, I personally prefer the Vampire Counts - I´m looking forward to what you have in store for them. And the Orcs, of course. I wonder, depending how far to the East your world map extends, maybe they can appear as a Horde, like the Mongols and Timurids, since that is, if I recall correctly, the way they act in the Warhammer world, massive raids which leave nothing but destruction in their path.
    But whatever you have in mind, I have no doubt that it´ll be great.

Whilst 'Hording' Orcs is a nice idea, it would have to be done in such a way as to allow them to still be played in single player. There is something to be said for a complete lack of diplomacy, and a complete focus on killing, maiming and burning. IT would almost be appropriate to remove the options to occupy a city, and have 'enslave', 'slaughter' or 'eat' as choices!

Wow. Beautiful. This will be so awesome!

Well if the tomb kings are in theres loads of room for orcs, the badlands between the empire and Khemri are full of them.

Btw v. nice brian, you doing all the tomb kings at once or have you a few armies on the go?
    Last edited by Casuir; 04-29-2007 at 06:37.

Casuir... I started on the Tomb Kings as a test set. They are by far the easiest to rig and spot problems with the process on. I was new to using MS3D to rig, and they seemd like the obvious choice for a start point.

I have also started work on the low-level Chaos units..Marauders and their horsemen. I want to build a core of units for a few of hte factions first, and then expand on that. It's easy to build a few base units and spice them up with attachments, and then work on the more 'special' units. I want to allow the core of the mod to progress as soon as possible, rather than wait for all the models!

I am holding back on Orcs for the time being, to wait and see what happens with the skeleton and animation tools. If there is no progress, I will build them in raw form, and stretch them to fit a human skeleton. I can always revert if need be!

Hope to have some shots of the marauders up soon! The mesh is done, and I just need to finish up the base texture before I convert them to MESH.

He's far from finished texture wise, but all the bits are modelled and in place. There is a horned helm, one without horns, and a bareheaded version. Axe and pick weapons are in the initial build, with a spear and sword version to follow. Shields are in ( half a dozen variations ) and a couple of body options. Haven't painted his trousers yet!!!!!

Sounds and looks great

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Nice screenshots ! Good work !
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread

Looking very promising

After an annoying hold up due to a bit of dodgy vertex assigning ( it gives you an error of the 'unspecified' type.... ) we have some new guys running around in the woods....

MARAUDERS!

They are fantastic, well done once again :)

Looking amazing mate hopefully this can live up to my expectations, hopefully this warhammer mod gets finished unlike many of the other warhammer universe mods which just seem to die like the former warhammer mod for rtw and also the warhammer mod for civ 4 . Anyway good luck and continue with the gr8 work and out of curiosity are the lizardmen going to be in the mod ?

Lizardmen - oh yes. They will be there.

One word A-w-e-s-o-m-e!

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

i've never liked chaos, but great work!

I cant wait to see some winged lancers from kislev!

I want BRAINS!!!!!

the zombies are up and walking, equipped with nothing but crude weapons and a strong desire to eat the flesh of their foes.

Wasn't sure about the greeniness of them, but all the figure painting and army book pics show them as being greenish. So..green they are!

Looking amazing as allways mate i think im actually more excited about this than i was about actual medieval 2, which will treble when i see the first skinks or gors lol.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I wouldn't mind them looking a bit more extreme. More torn clothing, a patch of hair. The reason simply being that in a major battle it'll be hard to see them stick out. At a distance they'll look a bit peasantish, won't they?

I'm only trying to give some constructive critisism here for making them better. They are trully beautiful and they'll work fine as is.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

They are very good,but if you try to add them some more blood and some human ripped clothing (and some metal weapons like the that who have the peasants) would be also good.Very good work,keep walking.
    "VAE VICTUS"

I can add some more ripped clothing on some of hte torsos, and I also can make hte colour of the clothing a bit more distinctive. It looked more distinct on the texture than it did in game, and that sort of blends the thing in a bit more than I wanted.

There is a limit to how detailed you can make things and still be able to make out the details. At a distance, they will always look a bit peasantish ( well..they were peasants once! )

There will be a second set of zombies with slightly more usable weapons, which will represent an 'upgraded' zombie. These guys are the absolute bottom of the unit list for the Vampire Counts.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Ok i'm covered.good work again Bwian
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    I can add some more ripped clothing on some of hte torsos, and I also can make hte colour of the clothing a bit more distinctive. It looked more distinct on the texture than it did in game, and that sort of blends the thing in a bit more than I wanted.
    Probably your graphic settings are a bit low, resolution affects the usage of mipmaps and texture quality does the same, jack them up as high as poss for shots.

Awesome work on the models! Always wished I had the money and time to assemble and paint an army. I do have a Mordheim skaven warband. Good stuff.

Casuir ...yeah...I will crank it up and see how it looks, but I chose a dirty linen colour for the cloth, and that is a bit close to the grey/green hue of the flesh. A darkening of the cloth should help. Also, adding cloth to some of the torsos will increase the variety a little.

For now, though, I am fed up with green! For a refesher, I have gone back to the skeleton textures, and made some serious improvements in that. The Tomb Kings skeleton is now a bit whiter, to make it look more bleached. The vampire counts ones are more yellowed. I have improved the detail a lot on the skull too. I found some good photos of a skull and mapped it onto a rough shape to render it. The resuting unwrap worked better than I hoped!

The base Vampire Count skeletons will be swordsmen, with short swords. A shield carrying version with a bigger sword and a spearman are also being done. Screenshots tomorrow!

Please, could you make bigger screenshots ? I can barely see the details there. I'm sure they look great, but it's quite difficult to notice the random variations, have a look a their face and all that with these screens ;)

Noticed some of them were head-less. That's

I am so looking forward to playing this mod.

Keep up the stunning work!

-wikiman

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast