Thread: Preview #3: Mapuche Preview

Default Preview #3: Mapuche Preview

I got bored with studying this Saturday so I decided to have a shot at the Mapuche which Fili already did a really good job skinning. We will end up using whichever models we think best for the final release. Thought I'd post my go here for you to see. ;) After all, what is a weekend, without a preview?

First up is the inexperienced, but hearty (and hardy) Novice Warrior.
    What he lacks in armour, weaponry, and skill he makes up for with incredible courage and brute strength!

Many years of hardship and experience teach Novice Warriors (the hardway) wisdom, skill (that was given to them in training), and discipline. These Elder Warriors (while not as Hardy as the Novice Warriors) are a well disciplined force that is bad news for any enemy force!

Bola's anyone? Again you will notice that the unit is holding their (stiff) bola's like clubs, that is because they are now actually club warriors. They will be bola warriors in the release. ;)

While the Mapuche Bowman's bow may not pack a load of punch against armoured opponents, it is lethal against the predominant unarmoured troops of the area.

The Mapuche Skirmisher on the other hand is immensly effective even against the most heavily armour troops of the area. As with all Mapuche troops, they have a barbaric but brutal club to fall back on.

Bring on the man-boobs!! :P
    Here are the stone-clubman of the Mapuche army. One hit from their stone club can crush a man's head in!!

The stone-axemen (while still having the same man-boobs :D) has the advantage of being able to pierce even the armour of Spaniard Conquistadors!

The manboob brigade is back again, but this time with a massive skull-crushing stonehammer!!

The MBB recieves an advantage in distance with these fearsome spearmen!

MASSIVE clubs and decrative ponchos! The ladies can't resist these guys!!

The going gets sexier with these Mapuche Elite Spearmen! BAMBOO!!

Finally, the man who commands all of these warriors: The General himself!!

Notice the detail of the axe!

I think I will post a few more. Sorry, but I really like these guys. ;)

HOLD THE LINE!!

DIE PIGGIE SWINES!!!

Hope that you enjoy. ;)
    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Default Re: Preview #3: Mapuche Preview

These units are wonderful. Who is your miracle worker modeller? he he he. I finished the Chimu Vuk, check the mods e-mail

Post Re: Preview #3: Mapuche Preview

Looking good!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Very nice. And i read somewhere that you guys did them all by yourself without using any RTW models and skins? Great job. When will you release the mod?

The mod is still in its earlier stages. We are hoping to release a beta in May (if we don't change our minds and decide to include more again :P), but that is not certain.
    The mod itsself should be released sometime this summer. Right now, because of school (and esp RIGHT now, because of finals) things have been moving at an ok rate, but come summer, we will hit it full force.

Right now we are looking for a good skinner. The skins you see are mine, but they are not very good.
    If anyone could do better, please apply. We would really like to find a good skinner now in the early stages, so we don't need to re-do everything later.

Vuk

EDIT: Yes, they are all from scratch. Also, this is the first mod that most of the team has made, so it's a learning experience. ;)
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

good!
    Last edited by Filibustería; 05-02-2007 at 23:37.

in the references there was none depicting two handed sth warriors. to make them 2 handed i need to put a new weapon on their left hand, remap them, re skin them. Do we necessary need two handed units

Inca Total War Member Member Filibustería's Avatar

this message is deleted
    Last edited by Filibustería; 05-02-2007 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by meliritos
    in the references there was none depicting two handed sth warriors. to make them 2 handed i need to put a new weapon on their left hand, remap them, re skin them. Do we necessary need two handed units
    No that is my fault actually. I misunderstood and i thought you wanted warriors with two weapons, each on their hand and i went "my God thats not what we have planned". Sorry, my mistake, i misuderstood your words. Those two handed warriors are already done they just need to be attributed to the proper animations. Sorry again...

I hope that you live up to the standards for historical accuracy set by CA and include armoured rocket llamas!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    I hope that you live up to the standards for historical accuracy set by CA and include armoured rocket llamas!
    Oh, and i knew we forgot sth. You see we have only laser shooting lamas. Is it ok with you, will you play our mod this way or should we incorporate the rocket throwing lamas as well?

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

We just need a Elite Aztec Triceraptos Peltast that is actually very accurate, and it looks pretty cool. THe only way to counter it is with a Mayan chainsaw shooting bazuka that is propeled by kittens.

ok, ok I will model them and add a super sexy Aztec amazon lady riding a small dinosaur. That will be my favourite.

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

sorry for going off topic but vuk your pm is full so i can not send u any

Soon you will see maya and aztec

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    Wow, I want to see it

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Reeve
    sorry for going off topic but vuk your pm is full so i can not send u any
    Hey Reeve! Sorry, do to account restrictions, I can't recieve PMs. Could you email your message to jford574@uwsp.edu?

Thanks much!
    Vuk

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Quote Originally Posted by Murfios
    I am looking forward to that .

also vuk my email is down and will be for maybe a day so i will probally get it to u tomorow

Thanks Reev!
    About the skins, I am happy to say that you can expect a lot more than the one you saw in these rushed previews. Now that school is over (for me at least :P) I have been able to devote a lot more time to them, and the results really show. I think you will like the new skins.
    Don't worry, we will not keep you waiting too long. ;) We will be releasing a sneak peek at select civilizations soon.

Cheers,
    Vuk

Same here.