Thread: Napoleonic Interactive!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Napoleonic Interactive!

I am going to start a new interactive here, very soon. It starts in November 1799. Napoleon has just risen to the post of Chief Consul of the Directory of the French Republic, however he is not yet an Emperor.

The powers of the world are still fighting this upstart "republic", a threat to everything they hold dear. The current members of the so-called "Second Coalition" are the Austrian Empire, Great Britain, the Ottoman Empire and the Kingdoms of Naples and Sicily. Russia left the war in the previous month, after being defeated in the Helvetic Republic (Modern-Day Switzerland) and the British insisting that they could search any ship on the seas.

Currently the French are in command of Egypt, however their grip is tenuous at best, fighting against British naval attacks and Ottoman land attacks.

Here is the map as it stands:

(As said, France also has Egypt, which shall be considered a seperate battleground altogether).

I need players for all the major powers, as well as some of the smaller nations. Note that as the game develops, certain triggers may occur (known only to me), that may result in new nations being developed. In additoin new nations can come into existance from peace treaties.

The game is divided into two basic sections:

The First section is the strategic game play. For this part you will be PMed a number of options that you can choose from. In some cases you will be allowed to choose more than one option.

Your actions in this part will have ramifications, some of which are obvious, some of which will not be obvious for several months, or perhaps even years. Many of these are the result of international politics or real historical events.

If you do not PM me by the deadline (Usually one week), then I will assume you are not doing anything.

The other section of the game is the battles. This is where your armies fight. Every Corps that you have will have an assigned number of troops when created (Build along roughly historical lines). You must choose how many Divisions to subdivide each Corps into. The more divisions, the lower the combat abilities of each division (Due to there being less men), however more division give greater tactical flexibility.

If you enter an area in which an enemy army is located, then you will go into “battle mode”. With this you are given a hexagonal grid, with your Corps on one side and the enemy Corp on the other side. The grid is fairly large, and represents most of a region. You will PM me 3 turns worth of moves. A Corps can move one grid in a turn at normal pace, or two grids at double pace (Resulting in lower morale for the next two moves). Each grid can only have one Corps in it at a time.

If you move into a grid with an enemy Corps, you will enter a battle. How well you fight will depend upon the skill of your General in charge of the Corps (Each Corps has a different General or Marshal). Here many things come into play, including how veteran your men are, how good their morale is, and how well the campaign is going.

Every turn in Strategic mode represents a month. Each turn in battle mode represents a day.

I know these are complicated, but they will make sense when they are used. I am here to answer any questions you have.

You may place anything you wish into this thread. You can request assistance against an enemy. You can write up propaganda for your people (Which may result in extra options with your PMs), you can question the motives of other rulers or you can just question something with another nation.

The only diplomatic things that must be made public are Ceasefires, Peace Treaties and Declarations of War. There will always be a Fog of War when it comes to Diplomacy. Ceasefires will last a certain number of months (As negotiated by the players), before hostilities recommence.

When negotiating peace treaties, you may do anything you wish, including things like demanding reparations for the war, demanding complete annexation, releasing new nations or simply demanding a small amount of territory. The choice of what occurs must be PMed to me by BOTH players.

EDIT:

Here is the example of how the battle system works:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...3&postcount=36

Alright, I know there will be questions, so fire away!

Currently signed up:
    France - Derfasciti
    Batavian Republic (Vassal of France) - Warluster
    United Kingdom - shlin28
    Austria - Ichigo
    Prussia - AggonyDuck
    Russia - Kagemusha
    Spain - LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Ottoman Empire - GrandLordofPoop
    Denmark - GiantMonkeyMan
    Naples - King Kurt
    Sweden - IrishArmenian
    Portugal - Destoryer of Hope
    Saxony - Caius Flaminius

This is not the whole list. If there is anyone you particularly want to play as, then just ask. Any nations not played by anyone will be played by me, probably in a vaguely historical manner. I will advise that someone who has some good idea of the period plays as France, because IT WILL BE HARD.
    Last edited by CountArach; 05-11-2007 at 07:23.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.