Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Interactive!

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Napoleonic Interactive!

I am going to start a new interactive here, very soon. It starts in November 1799. Napoleon has just risen to the post of Chief Consul of the Directory of the French Republic, however he is not yet an Emperor.

The powers of the world are still fighting this upstart "republic", a threat to everything they hold dear. The current members of the so-called "Second Coalition" are the Austrian Empire, Great Britain, the Ottoman Empire and the Kingdoms of Naples and Sicily. Russia left the war in the previous month, after being defeated in the Helvetic Republic (Modern-Day Switzerland) and the British insisting that they could search any ship on the seas.

Currently the French are in command of Egypt, however their grip is tenuous at best, fighting against British naval attacks and Ottoman land attacks.

Here is the map as it stands:

(As said, France also has Egypt, which shall be considered a seperate battleground altogether).

I need players for all the major powers, as well as some of the smaller nations. Note that as the game develops, certain triggers may occur (known only to me), that may result in new nations being developed. In additoin new nations can come into existance from peace treaties.

The game is divided into two basic sections:

The First section is the strategic game play. For this part you will be PMed a number of options that you can choose from. In some cases you will be allowed to choose more than one option.

Your actions in this part will have ramifications, some of which are obvious, some of which will not be obvious for several months, or perhaps even years. Many of these are the result of international politics or real historical events.

If you do not PM me by the deadline (Usually one week), then I will assume you are not doing anything.

The other section of the game is the battles. This is where your armies fight. Every Corps that you have will have an assigned number of troops when created (Build along roughly historical lines). You must choose how many Divisions to subdivide each Corps into. The more divisions, the lower the combat abilities of each division (Due to there being less men), however more division give greater tactical flexibility.

If you enter an area in which an enemy army is located, then you will go into “battle mode”. With this you are given a hexagonal grid, with your Corps on one side and the enemy Corp on the other side. The grid is fairly large, and represents most of a region. You will PM me 3 turns worth of moves. A Corps can move one grid in a turn at normal pace, or two grids at double pace (Resulting in lower morale for the next two moves). Each grid can only have one Corps in it at a time.

If you move into a grid with an enemy Corps, you will enter a battle. How well you fight will depend upon the skill of your General in charge of the Corps (Each Corps has a different General or Marshal). Here many things come into play, including how veteran your men are, how good their morale is, and how well the campaign is going.

Every turn in Strategic mode represents a month. Each turn in battle mode represents a day.

I know these are complicated, but they will make sense when they are used. I am here to answer any questions you have.

You may place anything you wish into this thread. You can request assistance against an enemy. You can write up propaganda for your people (Which may result in extra options with your PMs), you can question the motives of other rulers or you can just question something with another nation.

The only diplomatic things that must be made public are Ceasefires, Peace Treaties and Declarations of War. There will always be a Fog of War when it comes to Diplomacy. Ceasefires will last a certain number of months (As negotiated by the players), before hostilities recommence.

When negotiating peace treaties, you may do anything you wish, including things like demanding reparations for the war, demanding complete annexation, releasing new nations or simply demanding a small amount of territory. The choice of what occurs must be PMed to me by BOTH players.

EDIT:

Here is the example of how the battle system works:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...3&postcount=36

Alright, I know there will be questions, so fire away!

Currently signed up:
    France - Derfasciti
    Batavian Republic (Vassal of France) - Warluster
    United Kingdom - shlin28
    Austria - Ichigo
    Prussia - AggonyDuck
    Russia - Kagemusha
    Spain - LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Ottoman Empire - GrandLordofPoop
    Denmark - GiantMonkeyMan
    Naples - King Kurt
    Sweden - IrishArmenian
    Portugal - Destoryer of Hope
    Saxony - Caius Flaminius

This is not the whole list. If there is anyone you particularly want to play as, then just ask. Any nations not played by anyone will be played by me, probably in a vaguely historical manner. I will advise that someone who has some good idea of the period plays as France, because IT WILL BE HARD.
    Last edited by CountArach; 05-11-2007 at 07:23.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Default Re: Napoleonic Interactive!

I could join this one. Please post the rules,but im definately intrested of the period.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I'm interested in Prussia, so sign me up.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

I think i could take Russia.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, yeah, give us more details.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

I'd like to try Spain
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

I would like to play as the UK

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

May I play as Sweden?

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Russia please,
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Prussia Well I'll Austria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Alright, I have some of the rules written up, but still need to refine them. I'll add them this afternoon.

Pick again DoH, Kagemusha already picked Russia.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Sorry didn't see that,

Then could I chose Pourtagal
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Sure

Rules put up.

France!

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Isn't the ruler of Austria also the Emoeror of the HRE?

Technically yes, but I want a way to represent the smaller nations. Alright, the HRE will be a vassal of Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Hope
    Sorry didn't see that,

Then could I chose Pourtagal
    Damn, now you ruined my glorious masterplan for uniting the Iberian peninsula
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 04-30-2007 at 08:03.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    ...The HRE will be a vassal of Austria.

Can I have Denmark?
    Last edited by Franconicus; 04-30-2007 at 07:49.

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

gah... i wanted to be portugal or uk but was waiting for the rules to get put up oh well, i guess i'll be denmark please

sounds good btw

The battle system seems quite complicated. Will we get a map with the grid described above?
    Under construction...

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

As Naples had a reputation for having the preetiest uniforms on the worse troops and a flambouyant leader - it sound just right for me!!

So put me down for Naples.

Cuts a dash, doesn't he!!
    Last edited by King Kurt; 04-30-2007 at 15:12.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    gah... i wanted to be portugal or uk but was waiting for the rules to get put up oh well, i guess i'll be denmark please

sounds good btw
    lol, Franconius beat you by 2 minutes.

And sure, places updated.

EDIT: And yes, both players will be supplied with the map.
    Last edited by CountArach; 05-01-2007 at 07:06.

i swear he just edited his post because i would have remembered him having written that.... gah!

ottomons sweden

neither of them really appeal to me... i'll go for sweden... even though i don't really want to (maybe i'll conquer all of denmark to make up for it )

There are 2 Sweden in the list, IrishArmenian is one of them
    Under construction...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    i swear he just edited his post because i would have remembered him having written that.... gah!

ottomons sweden

neither of them really appeal to me... i'll go for sweden... even though i don't really want to (maybe i'll conquer all of denmark to make up for it )
    In this case I step back and appologize!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Can i play as a vassal?

if not then ottoman Empire please.

If so then Batavian Republic please.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Due to me not reading the small print, the Kingdom of Naples is ruled by King Ferdinand, not Marshall Murat whose image was in my last post!!!

In the interest of historical accuracy, meet the King of Naples - not as striking as Murat, but still a fine figure of a man.

For completeness, I include the power behind his throne, the Queen Marie Caroline, sister of Marie Antoinette.

I have just been returned to my throne after a peasant's revolt, lead by Cardinal Ruffo, ably assisted by Nelson and the English fleet.

Looking forward to some fun and death to all Jackobins!!!
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Spain is currently led by king Charles IV

...of the Bourbon dynasty, the same dynasty that was overthrown in the French revolution. Spain's protest against the execution of the French king led to a French declaration of war. After a short campaign in the Pyrenees, the Spanish army was forced to retreat, and Spain was invaded by France. Charles IV left much of the administration to his wife's lover Manuel de Godoy, who became Prime minister and negotiated peace with France, on conditions which could be described as de facto vassalhood of Spain in relation to France. Recently in one such treaty, in order to get back land lost from France during the French invasion, Manuel de Godoy accepted a treaty in which Spain was forced to declare war on Britain and Portugal.

Historically, Spanish official foreign policy, led by Godoy's policies, ended up making Spain support France without getting much in return during most of the Napoleonic wars period, and despire his title "prince of peace" he was responsible for causing Spain to be drawn into wars that proved disastrous for them, including the battle of Trafalgar, as well as eventually making way for tempting Napoleon to put the Frenchman Joseph I Napoleon on the throne. This caused massive revolt from the people, who took full advantage of the terrain to wage guerilla war on the French occupying forces, tying down so large reserves of French troops that it made way for their defeat on other fronts, and inflicted heavy losses on them. During the peninsular war, Wellington took advantage of this isolated French garrison and the superiority of the British fleet to land a British led army in the area, and managed to inflict several defeats on the French forces in the area.
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 05-01-2007 at 15:55.
    Under construction...

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Im in!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Franconicus
    In this case I step back and appologize!
    if it means you are without a country to lead then i will let you have denmark since i am in a good mood :D

and since IA has sweden i'll and take control of the ottomans... unless warluster isn't allowed to be the batavian rep

i do believe that makes all the countries (except vassals) with leaders then
    Last edited by GiantMonkeyMan; 05-01-2007 at 17:31.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast